HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By taz11
Fall is in the air........ It is time for raking leaves, sending the kids to school, and POWER WHEELS RACING!!!!

Yes, its time for the annual "Power Wheels Day". This is "semi-organized" Power Wheels racing.

October 1st. Raindate Oct 2nd Location: 08804, Time: 12:00 gates open. Parents/Drivers meeting at 12:50.

We will be running up to 4 classes this year depending on car counts.

1)Stock

2)Stock+6

3)Modified Stock

4)Unlimited

There will be participation medals for all and trophies for the winners. I will be asking for a $5 donation for each participant to help offset some of the cost of trophies.

There will be 3 "official" races per class. If there are not enough vehicles to run all 4 classes, races will be added to the remaining classes. I'm sure there will be numerous amounts of "unofficial" racing too.

Vehicle rules can be found here.....http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2665

RSVP by Sept 18th so we can get a head count for trophies!

Remember...every racer must bring there bike helmet to race!

Entries.....

MPW member .............Driver.................Car Number
Taz11.......................James.................20, 11x
Taz11.......................Charlene..............18, 11
Hypo21......................Nikko.................24
Never enough..............Mathew...............17
Never enough..............Luciano...............15
Jornum1....................Andy...................4
Rater11.....................Derek..................X
Rater11.....................Alex...................13

Local Crew................,Driver..................Car Number
T.H.........................Clara...................3
T.H.........................Jeanette...............100
J.H.........................Kevin...................71
J.H.........................Aidan...................7
C.M........................Ashlyn...................48
C.M........................Addison.................T7
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 25 times in total.
By treebeme
I have no idea when the fall would be good for me. My daughter is on a new travel soccer team and I have no idea what their plans/schedules are at this point. Normally she would have a soccer tournament both days of that weekend but since the Jewish holiday is that Saturday many of the tournaments are considering running single day tournaments on Sunday.

I won't know anything for another month probably. I wouldn't base your plans around me.
By Rater11
we r now 100% ready here to race. my son was running laps around the back yard today. got a stock 12v ready, along with his 24v quad, seems pretty quick. i can host a practice or just a day to drive around here in flemington if anyone is interested.
By taz11
Keep an eye on hypo's thread for the 23rd. He may have to cancel. If he does, we will run a practice here that day. Learn the track and the other cars. ...so we are all ready to win the trophies in October/September.
By taz11
My son gets his first ride in a quarter midget this fall. I don 't have the date yet. As soon as I know that date, I will set the meet date.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rater11
thats gonna be pretty cool for you son to move up to the quarter migets. have you looked into a kid kart at all? only reason i ask is cus i used to race karts for mamy years and there seems 2 be more tracks in our area for kid karts and only a few for quarter migets.
By taz11
No roll cage...no consideration...... I've Turned over too many full size race cars to even consider putting my kid in something without full protection. A 24 volt power wheel is as fast as he goes without a cage. I was up at Blue Mountain last night....we are most likey going to run there and keep it to one night a week.....so I don't go completely bankrupt.
By Rater11
lol, i have heard that from alot of parents before about having a roll cage. good luck trying to keep him low key bout the racing deal. i started out at flemington speedway racing a few times a month, few years later ended up traveling the USA racing the national series. No matter what it will b fun for you and him.
By taz11
Flemington Speedway......Bowing my head now to an old friend.....lost forever. :cry:
By taz11
Update....... BMQMA just informed me that there "Driver Experiece" will most likely be in October.

I'm looking to set a date in late September......... 24/25 or maybe Oct 1st. Are these dates bad for anyone Interested?
By Jornum1
This sounds like fun. While my son is still too young to participate, his navigation skills are not quite the best yet(unless you have a R/C class!). It would be neat to come down and meet some people and check out their rides if you guys dont mind though
He would love to come see all the cars. As most boys the PW isle is his favorite in the toy store ;-)
By taz11
Navigation skills are not required :lol: If Jeep-power comes, he has an R/C.

ANYONE ELSE? Where did everyone go????? :?
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jornum1
taz11 wrote:Navigation skills are not required :lol: If Jeep-power comes, he has an R/C.

ANYONE ELSE? Where did everyone go????? :?

Well he actually is doing pretty good with the steering now. I did all that work for the servo steering and he can navigate all on his own now with me controlling the throttle. Its the combination of the two that he is yet to be proficient at!

Either way, I will check the dates to see if we could come down. Is this at your place near bloomsbury? If so I have family a few exits up 78 from you so maybe a visit to them could be incorporated.
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:Either way, I will check the dates to see if we could come down. Is this at your place near bloomsbury? If so I have family a few exits up 78 from you so maybe a visit to them could be incorporated.

Yes
By taz11
October 1st! Raindate.... October 2nd. Stay tuned to the first post for updates from now until the 1st.
By taz11
bill o'brien wrote:Where is it being held ??

Whoops....guess that would help :oops: near 08804 zip
By Jornum1
My son and I are planning to come. Not sure if he can do much racing, he is still learning, but we would love to come see all the toys, and show you guys ours.
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:My son and I are planning to come. Not sure if he can do much racing, he is still learning, but we would love to come see all the toys, and show you guys ours.

He will most likely follow the heard....... :lol: The stock class usually has a few aimless wanderers :lol:

I'll add you to the list.

Let me know his frst name and number choice.
By taz11
Car numbers....

You can do a cool custom paint job....or simply write the number a piece of paper and tape it to the hood or bumper.
By Jornum1
Ha, well thats good! He can navigate the BF pretty good. I just need to get some remote kill units to put in them. Like most newb riders he has a tendency to push the gas and not let go!
Either way, he would have a good time just messing around and seeing all the vehicles, thats all that matters.

His Name is Andrew(Andy for short)

He doesnt have a fav number. If I had a choice it would be 4, but it doesnt matter.
Thanks Taz!
By Rater11
Taz, count me in with 2 drivers. Derek #11, Alex #13. if its not taken. Derek is all ready to race and Alex is going but she gets spooked sometimes with other cars on the tracks, i think cus her brother plays bumper cars with her. we will have 2 cars in the stock 12v class, one in 18v, and one for the 24v.
By taz11
Your on the list..... #13 is good, #11 is taken....Add a letter?
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:you can just put Derek down as X, Racer X. lol that was my old number for a while

LOL...will do
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:I just noticed in ur rules it says sealed batteries only...
I have mostly all gel motorcycle batteries on my cars, is that ok to run?

Gel batteries are ok......nothing that can spill!
By drew510
Rater11 wrote:watch out, toddlers behind the wheel!

You are not kidding. I gave a Fire Rescue Jeep to a friend's son this weekend for his birthday and of course there were a ton of kids there. At one point, a girl about 6 or 7 got in and started driving. I already knew she thought the world revolved around her from some observations earlier, and it continued on the Jeep as she came very close to mowing down some kids twice before I could get to her. I very nicely told her that she needs to watch out for other kids and her response was along the lines of, "yeah, they need to watch out." I said, "No, YOU need to watch out." She gave me a look like :roll: and sped off. My buddy standing with me and I had a :o look on our faces, but from then on, she was very careful around the other kids.
By taz11
For those that have not checked the first post in this thread.....

We are currently at 14 entries :D ......if everyone shows up, it should be on heck of a show!

If you are on the fence, let me know. The Deadline is this Sunday the 18th so we can get the correct amount of trophies ordered.

So you can plan......If the count stays true, plan on qualifing heats.

I will do my best to organize this in a way that everyone gets atleast 3 runs per class that you are running.
By Jornum1
Andy and I are still planning on coming. Just a fyi, not sure how much "racing" he will be doing. He is still learning on these bad boys, so we might be watching and admiring your machines more then participating. Either way he will love it though.
By Rater11
Kind of the same deal here. Derek will b racing every class besides the +6v cus I don't have any 6volt batteries. But I am working on a unlimited jeep for the race. Alex on the other hand has decided she doesn't want to race, still attending but 90% chance of not racing the bigboys
By taz11
Bring what you can. The kids change their minds all day long :roll: .
By Rater11
Ill have a few things there. Hope 1 of my ideas can keep up with Taz's stuff. That's my goal for this race. Still have no idea how fast the modifieds and unlinited cars are so I have no idea what I'm shooting for.
By Jornum1
taz11 wrote:He'll be fine ;)

Oh I know he will, he will have a blast. Not worried about him at all. just giving a heads up.
now that he has the gaucho he is getting better at steering. Love that rack and pinion :D
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:
taz11 wrote:He'll be fine ;)

Oh I know he will, he will have a blast. Not worried about him at all. just giving a heads up.
now that he has the gaucho he is getting better at steering. Love that rack and pinion :D

Ain't it a beautiful thing!

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course