HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By Jornum1
Nice! is what what your built it for? I want to build a miniature wagon like the one I pull on my polaris for my son. he likes to ride around and copy me when I do yard work.
By taz11
"Lathe guy"......... DOHHHBOY :roll:

I guess "unlimited" refers to the price tag too :lol: :lol: :D :roll:

.......................aaand the trash talk continues! :lol:
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jornum1
that's why I am glad I am my own "lathe guy"! just wait you better have another event next year! I just need my son to get a little stronger to actually control a modified.ride :-) man I wish my dad was as crazy as us! lucky kids...
By Rater11
Lol, I work in a fab shop doing alota heavy equitment and constrution. I would b my own lathe guy but I'm still learning it. So I asked the 21yr old kid 2 do it 4 me.
By Jornum1
I was just messing around Rater....
I am in a similar field as well. Our machine shop is small, and we only do our own in house work/repairs.
My machining knowledge is on the simple side, took a couple classes at Bergen tech. Everything else I have learned from our 82 year old german machinist. He knows things you will never learn in a book! I hope I am half as sharp as him IF I ever get to his age!
When is comes to machining you never stop learning, thats the best thing about it.

Taz, looks awesome! your really going all out.
By Rater11
Taz I agree, that looks great! These kids r being treated like nascar drivers for this rae, sponsors, pits, crew cheifs (Dads). This is gonna b great.
Journum1 - I used do do some welding comps at bergen tech, still good friends wit the old welding teacher from there. Good school, all tech school r great, better than college I always thought
By Jornum1
Huh, small world! I just took two terms of machining to get the basics down. Now our in house machinist teaches me anything I need to know. Really trying to convince work to invest in a small cnc. I know some g code already and have done some 3d design. It would be really useful for some of our work rather then doing it by hand.

Where in NJ are you from Rater?

Also Taz, we going to get a address for Sat or do we just have to look for the dust cloud somewhere in bloomsbury ;-)
By Rater11
I'm from bridgewater, live in flemington now. Went 2 somerset vo tech for high school. Now I got my own cnc plasma table at work. Sorry only 2d tho, they won't invest in the 3d also
By taz11
I sent out PMs a while back. Check your inbox.

If it's not there let me know......

Anyone else that needs directions let me know via PM

....Its not going to be dust clouds......it will likely be clay marbles :shock:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jornum1
ohhh that sounds fun. Lots of possibilities there. I have thought about investing in a small one for my plasma cutter. Just like a 2x2 table. They are reasonable.

Ohh, guess you did. Thanks, didnt even notice it there.
Last edited by Jornum1 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:I'm from bridgewater, live in flemington now. Went 2 somerset vo tech for high school. Now I got my own cnc plasma table at work. Sorry only 2d tho, they won't invest in the 3d also

Jealous.......I'm stuck with a mig welder and a drill press :oops:

Dad has a lathe but that would mean I'd have to deal with conflicts of opinion all day :evil: :?
By drew510
taz11 wrote:Dad has a lathe but that would mean I'd have to deal with conflicts of opinion all day :evil: :?

And here I thought my Dad was the only one, :LOL: Not that he doesn't have better fab skills than I do (welded longer than I've been alive), but when you have something planned out and he gives me the :?: and tries to scap my plan or ask 1000 questions, it's like, hey, quit messin' with my stuff man! :lol:
By taz11
drew510 wrote:
taz11 wrote:Dad has a lathe but that would mean I'd have to deal with conflicts of opinion all day :evil: :?

And here I thought my Dad was the only one, :LOL: Not that he doesn't have better fab skills than I do (welded longer than I've been alive), but when you have something planned out and he gives me the :?: and tries to scap my plan or ask 1000 questions, it's like, hey, quit messin' with my stuff man! :lol:

No..he's cool about projects. I get it about my job, spending habits, how to raise my kids, my wife,life "essentials".

He doesn't seem to account for the fact that it is not the same world it was 40 years ago when he did it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

Not worth the stress most of the time.
By Jornum1
taz11 wrote:No..he's cool about projects. I get it about my job, spending habits, how to raise my kids, my wife,life "essentials".

He doesn't seem to account for the fact that it is not the same world it was 40 years ago when he did it. :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

Not worth the stress most of the time.

Amen to that! I clash with my Father all the time over those things. He is addicted to work, and it comes before everything else including his family. Sure money is great, but at what expense. I only have one kid so far, and his everything. I can think of a lot worse things to do then spending time with him building and playing with some cool toys.

Anyway we are getting way off topic now!
By Never enough
Well here is a peek at our ride. 15.3mph gps verified without water, 48 volts and motors at all four corners. factory traction bands on all four wheels and it tears around corners with some weight on the inside.
Attachments
racetruck.jpg
Last edited by Never enough on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:48 volts? Thought our max was 24v? Sounds like a sweet ride tho.

No limit in the Unlimited class.
By taz11
Never enough wrote:Well here is a peek at our ride. 15.3mph gps verified without water, 48 volts and motors at all four corners. factory traction bands on all four wheels and it tears around corners with some weight on the inside.

Seriously?
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:My son is not going to want to touch His trucks after he sees that one! He has been obsessed with fire trucks lately.

Got one for sale ;) My kids gave me the Ok the other day (stock rides are too slow) Not quite that nice....but not too bad.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:O ok, looks like we might b running the modified class instead of the unlimited. Still waiting 2 get all the parts together tho 2 c how it runs

In the past three events, the unlimited cars only run about 1-2 seconds faster. My daughter uses her modified car in the unlimited class and does well. My sons unlimited car ran 9.52 last weekend and the modified ran an 11.16.

....of course, with this weather, it may resemble an enduro from Flemington's dirt days. :shock:
By Jornum1
taz11 wrote:
Jornum1 wrote:My son is not going to want to touch His trucks after he sees that one! He has been obsessed with fire trucks lately.

Got one for sale ;) My kids gave me the Ok the other day (stock rides are too slow) Not quite that nice....but not too bad.

Oh... hmm my wife is actually receptive about that one. What do you want for it? Shoot me a email or pm if you want.
By Never enough
taz11 wrote:Seriously?

Welllllll No just messing around. I have very serious thoughts at making that as fast as possible just cuz why not but if I made any car fast for my kid right now he would kill himself. Right now that trucks under the knife for strobes.
By taz11
Jurnum1.......sent you a PM.

For everyone else attending, I'm trying to reduce my pile of excess vehicles. I'd estimate that about 75% of the vehicles in my storage areas can go to new homes for resonable prices. If you guys see anything that interests you, speak up. You might just leave with it ;)
By Jornum1
Well I just sent you a pm back, but I am sorta looking for a decent car shell. I am open to anything, mustang, charger, vette. Something with a decent amount of room. Looking to do a scooter motor project. Nothing urgent, as he will have to grow into it. but I'd like to make a nice street machine.

And while my collection isnt near taz's if anyone is interested in a nice red hummer, or a decent black escalade let me know. I offered them to Taz first, but anyone else wants them let me know. I kinda lost interest in them, and dont want to start collecting rides that are just going to sit.
Last edited by Jornum1 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rater11
Idk if anyone has it, but I'm looking for a body of some kinda car. Seriously just the plastic body tho. I got a racing go kart I shortened the frame for my little guy. Just looking 2 put a car body over it in the end.
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:Idk if anyone has it, but I'm looking for a body of some kinda car. Seriously just the plastic body tho. I got a racing go kart I shortened the frame for my little guy. Just looking 2 put a car body over it in the end.

Not to many cars here, the ones I have i'm keeping for now. I have a Power Wheels vette that needs some cosmetic work. Jornum has dibs but if he passes your welcome to it. If I can keep the gearboxes you can get it real cheap ;) Take some measurments of what you need. I have a full sized bug too....but I'm guessing that is not what you're after :P
By taz11
Here is the scoop on the weather... We WILL be having the event on Saturday unless it is a complete washout. If it is only passing showers we will run it anyway. If it is chilly, I have a fire pit and lots of construction debris. :P . I have a tent for people, food, and the trophies. You may want to bring a cover for your cars.
By Jornum1
Well I was kinda hoping for some 20 something umbrella girls, but considering the setting your daughter is more appropriate! Would make a really cute picture for sure.

Anybody think about videoing the races? Does anyone oppose to that? I can understand considering there are kinds involved.
I have a handycam. I was thinking of bringing a little handheld for a onboard cam just for fun I have a suction cup mount for it if anyone else wanted to use it. I dont think my son will be really racing. Its going to be enough of a challenge to get it go go in a circle around the track!
By Rater11
Taping the race sound cool 2 me. I was planning on just taking short clips on my phone just 4 my own use. Idk how long my camara will rec a video but ill try it
By taz11
My step father is in town helping with my house project. He will be filming. My wife will have a camera set up on a tripod to use for scoring clarification...."lets go to the video tape" :lol:

My niece is handy with video editing so i'm hoping she can whip up a highlight video.
By Rater11
what kinda trailer u need?
Ill have my 5x8 open trailer there. Also have the little trailer on a power wheels so we can have a tow truck pick up the wrecks from the race
By taz11
Rater11 wrote:what kinda trailer u need?
Ill have my 5x8 open trailer there. Also have the little trailer on a power wheels so we can have a tow truck pick up the wrecks from the race

Don't need one, just trying to figure parking. I usually park on the lawn......not happening this time. Actually there is room for parking......just cant turn a trailer around. A 5x8 can be turned around by hand.

Hopefully my tow truck will be done for next year :oops:
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
hey its raining again! :o

This could be us come Saturday.....

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeY6ZWXq_g&feature=related[/video]

87jeepwrangler.... depends on your interest level. I've had members drive 2 hours. If you want to check it out, come on over. Send me a PM if you want directions. You can pop in, check it out, and leave if you want. Whatever works for you.
By Rater11
Lol wow taz. I grew up racing at that track years ago. Well never really grew up but neway.... now the track is a lowes and walmart down the road from me. Great memories from there but I'm a bit 2 young 2 remember the dirt days
By taz11
DON"T REMEMBER THE DIRT!!!!! You haven't lived! The best I have ever seen. I ran my first race there 21 years ago today :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is my gooseneck trailer I made for my son. He[…]

Traction for Peg Perego RZR 900

I just got one for my kids and would like to add s[…]

Since the first four alpha numeric digits are the[…]

So I'm looking at my new Dune Racer Extreme. The s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course