HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By imickey503
You know what would be real fun. Doing this in Portland maybe at Malibu grand prix. maybe a parking lot. Does anyone know of a good place to do this. Want to keep the costs down. Want to also invite the razor crowd. I know I could get a few people to do this around here, but so far out of my friends, I am the only one that has a fleet of powerwheels.

This sounds just like the right thing to do for small kids to get them into driving more. It has to be on a semi closed track. Don't want my son to go off and leave me behind while he doubles back on marine drive again. :o

Anyone up for something like this? Might be fun.
By broughy84
We do this here on Labor Day in Bicknell. We have about 3 hours worth of powerwheels racing and then do a burn out competition for the "big kids." The local speed shop puts it on in the parking lot out back. We drag race a 50 ft area. Stock and modified class. Only rules for modified is that the power wheels must esentially still be a powerwheels. Batteries must be covered. and it MUST be battery powered, no gas engines. We have a blast every year.

If I were close to ya I'd love to come out.
By drew510
I live in Portland and would be interested. Finding a parking lot would be key. I know there used to be a big one out at I84 and 181st. It used to be a vacant goodyear lot, but I think it may now be a furniture store.
By imickey503
I was thinking about just renting time at Malibu grand prix or setting up something at the PIR parking lot. They have that dirst track for motorcyles they only use most of the time. Might be a good place.
By drew510
JIMHO, but renting out either would not only be huge $ (pretty sure at PIR, you'd have to get insurance. I used to autocross and I know the club had to pay for a pretty hefty policy), but the format would be way too big for little PWs. I was thinking more like setting up a course with cones in a big abandoned parking lot.
By imickey503
I just asked about the track at Malibu...$500/hr. (more like 700 really.)

I may be able to set something up at Blue lake they have tons of grass, and gravel, but that's about it. As far as safe parking lots go, there are a few in delta park, lots of closed businesses, but the place reak's of homeless people.

The airport parking lot maybe fun. Ikea has lots of overflow parking in back,

You know an unused mini golf course would work. A few ramps amd we would have a good track.

Last time I took my son out on his razor by one of the new built max stop parking lots, Was empty, well lit, but no bathroom. If you have a family function, you kind of need one of those.

Portland Community college might be fun, They have all the facility there. And I am sure I can work out something with the staff for the weekend.

I wonder if oaks park does anything with the go kart track on the off season. I may want to look that up.

My apartment complex has a tennis and basket ball courts that seldom see use. I could host here in Beaverton. We also have bathrooms in the club hoses and seating. I guess I could come up with a pretty cool track layout. Could get a bunch of silo RED and Blue Beer pong cups and fill them up with water. Make some make shift tunnels out of cardboard or Styrofoam from Lowes/home depot. I have some inflatable beds i could lay some flooring on. Would make a fun obstacle.

If all else Schools have great big playgrounds.

also

http://www.pdxfamilyadventures.com/2008 ... -loop-hike

then there are skate parks.
http://www.skateoregon.com/

well that is it. I am out of ideas...
By gage
this seems like a great idea if anyone finds a place, or a time that some of us ppl in portland could get together. even if not to race but to just let the kids play arround with others on fast powerwheels let me know my kids would love it. i would love to c first hand wat other ppl have done and show off wat we have done.
By imickey503
Still waiting on PCC Campus security to call me back. The Parking lot they use for motorcyle racing would be great and they have LOTS of those yellow/Orange cones to use!
By gage
i found a parking lot out here in scappoose, not sure how far this is for most of u portland guys. but it is right next to a field if i can get permission from both partys we could set up some sort of rally time trial track. where its part on road, and part off road in the grass. i have a big tent to protect us dads from the sun. we would only need to get some cones for the street part, and just mow the grass on the field part to make a decent track. then set up a seperate area for doing some drag raceing also. the comunity out here is preaty tight so we could also invite the locals to bring there kids and have some stock classes as well. I think i have a problem i am getting out of controll and my wife wont stop me.
Need help with non powerwheels

Here's a diagram that may help. It's actually base[…]

All PM's have been replied to. If you PM me your […]

Hello all, This is my first post. I've had troubl[…]

I have little experience using the voltage meter. […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course