Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
I timed her at 25 sec two weeks ago, about 19 sec last week. That works out to about 6 volts. Best guess.
My 4 year old will probably run the rzr next week my 6 year old is probably gonna run something different so rzr will be on the slower side might put stop screw back in to knock out high gear :roll:
taz11 wrote:I timed her at 25 sec two weeks ago, about 19 sec last week. That works out to about 6 volts. Best guess.

Funny thing about that 2 weeks ago your son was at about 30 sec but the next week he was faster then the rzr so he went from 30 to about 22 or 23 I guess using your math I would figure u gave yours a 6volt boast? Just a guess
H2BRATZ wrote:
taz11 wrote:I timed her at 25 sec two weeks ago, about 19 sec last week. That works out to about 6 volts. Best guess.

Funny thing about that 2 weeks ago your son was at about 30 sec but the next week he was faster then the rzr so he went from 30 to about 22 or 23 I guess using your math I would figure u gave yours a 6volt boast? Just a guess

...atleast our math is consistant...LOL
here's my little guy from the first week he was running a lightning I thought he cleaned up in his age group but scoring I don't think was to accurate I no he won the oval in his race I no he won the drag in his race there's no one against u in the road coarse but I thought he was moving u can see his big sister walking next to him mad that they didn't have a class for a 12 year old lol
Attachments
051711072856 crop.jpg
I think the obsticle course is the scoring issue. It seems that every one runs a different direction, some bothways, some straight back,some one way.......cant be accurate that way. My daughter has won all but one race in here group and she was listed in second overall:?: :?: :?: . I checked out the first place driver and he is way slower, so...YES, there is a scoring issue.

From the results that I have seen....your daughter and my son should be 1-2 in their class.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue May 17, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan13 wrote:........So when do we get to hear whats under hood from everyone :?: :shock: :) ;)

Two fresh 6 volt 12ah grubers tied down with a coat hanger.
The SP gaucho should be the same as the RZR. ...........and that yellow Gaucho is a 12 volt Grande.
hypo21 wrote:And I have a single 12v 18ah under the hood. I just use the bigger ah so it fits better. :)

yeah My silver edition is set up with 2x 12-10ah so it's 12v by 20ah & I just about to buy a 12v-18ah for the JD Gaucho but my Hi torque is 18v-24ah with a 12v 24ah under the seat so the weight is a little more even ,however funny enough I guess because of the torque the front will raise just a little on take off like it has a v8 under the hood.
hypo21 wrote:Then it will be time to work on the Meets. :)

Funny, my son said the same thing last night.
hypo21 wrote:Are you saying I have the mind of a 6 year old? :)

Well, now that you mention it....... You do have toy cars on the brain 24/7.....but YOU brought it up...feeling guilty?
taz11 wrote:
hypo21 wrote:Are you saying I have the mind of a 6 year old? :)

Well, now that you mention it....... You do have toy cars on the brain 24/7.....but YOU brought it up...feeling guilty?

Oh.. I am not denying the fact that I probably do usually run on a 6 - 8 year old mentality. It is what keeps me fun and relative to kids :)
We unloaded under questionable skies.

As the first round took to the track the dark clouds moved in followed closely by rumbles of thunder. Shortly after the second round of races the event was called. Everyone scrambled for cover as the skies opened up.

The balance of the races for tonight have been added to the DTA Cup event on Saturday.
DTA Automotive sponsored DTA Cup today!

Screw work.....I'm goin' racing!

mt olive dta cup 002.jpg

I love when you come home with more stuff than you left with :D

mt olive dta cup 003.jpg
mt olive dta cup 004.jpg

So Mt olive is done for this year.......... I have video from today and I believe hypo does too. I'll have to get on that.

Here is a quick rundown of our members.........

Power Wheels Race Series........28 cars registered (I think) About 21-22 on hand every thursday night.

3-4 class.....no members

5-6 class......1st..Charlene.....Taz Motorsports
.................3rd..Nikko........Hypo Racing

7-8 class.......1st..Brittany......H2BRATZ
................. 2nd..James.......Taz Motorsports

DTA Cup.......20 cars showed

Overall top finishers....1st..Brittany..H2BRATZ
............................2nd..James...Taz Motorsports

The funny thing is....Charlene and Nikko are both 4 and James is 6
Last edited by taz11 on Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Videos are uploading to YouTube.......I will post them as the finish up.

Here are a few highlights of the timed competition;

Charlene (sleeping at the tree) and Nikko on the drag strip.

James at somewhat of a disadvantage.......Dang 24volt rides :evil:

James taking shot #2 at the 24 volt scooter, followed by Charlene taking her turn on the obsticle course.

Nikko taking his turn at the obsticle course.

James finally gets the scooter on the oval course! You can hear one lady in the background "What kinda batteries do they have?" LOL :lol:

After all the timed events were over the officials went off to calculate the scores while all the competitors lined up for the main event. The track size was doubled for this race. The pink scooter took the win after a clean race. H2BRATZ daughter had the lead but lost it after a tangle with a lapped car. She had to settle for 2nd. James finshed 3rd, he lost some time after a spinout in turn 1. Charlene was off to an early lead but lost several spots after getting together with the black Escalade....don't know what he was thinking :evil: .....but that's racing. I'm not sure where Nikko ended up but he was enjoying the ride.

Here's the first part of the awards.....

Part 2.....These are the overall top finishers for the timed events.

It had a few downfalls but was still a great time. The organizers continue to make it better and I'm looking forward to next year. What a Blast! :D :D :D
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 23, 2011 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Looks like a ton of fun :D.....and the kids had a blast I'm sure too ;)

Kinda gutsy to have the scooter running around all those rookie drivers, she should have had a set of pads on just in case :shock:

Can't wait till we have our local get together in October...seems like a decade away but I'm sure it will be here before I know it :roll:
"gutsy" wasn't the term that came to mind.. :!:
hey guys, im new 2 the pw racing thing, what is the highest modified class u guys run at the events? i have a few different kinds of toys here and being that my pw jeep just blew the motors, im putting a 25cc gas motor on it, or 2 24v scooter motors. i just wanna be within one of the classes u run so my son can try and keep up with u all.
This event was all stock vehicles.

My events usually consisit of stock(12v max), stock plus 6 volts(18v max), Modified stock(any combination of stock parts) 24volts max, Unlimited (has to be electric and based on a BPRO type body).

I'm sure hypo will have similar classes, if not the same.
Last edited by taz11 on Wed May 25, 2011 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
FYI, most of us avoid gas motors like the plague. It's a lot of work, a lot messier, a bit more dangerous and the only real benefit is that you can fill up a gas tank in a minute where batteries take a few hours to recharge. Most of us just buy extra batteries if range is an issue.
the only reason i even considered the gas conversion is cus i used to race go karts so it would be getting back into something i know alot about, im not very good with the batteries, not sure what im doing besides adding more voltage.
Need help with non powerwheels

Here's a diagram that may help. It's actually base[…]

All PM's have been replied to. If you PM me your […]

Hello all, This is my first post. I've had troubl[…]

I have little experience using the voltage meter. […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course