Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
This may be premature....but worth watching.

http://www.mtolivetwp.org/rec_specialev ... owerwheels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (scroll to the calender list at the top)

Mount Olive New Jersey is listing a Power Wheels race series on their event calender for 2011. No added info at this time.

I will be all over this! :D
Last edited by taz11 on Sun May 22, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By taz11
This has been updated guys!

I just spoke on the phone with the organizer. They are taking sign ups now.

THEY MUST BE STOCK!!!!!!! They are aware of our site and will be looking for obvious upgrades.

....oh yeah, I'm already registered :D
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Spy photos from inside TAZ Motorsports..........

blue gaucho paint 001.jpg
blue gaucho paint 002.jpg
blue gaucho paint 003.jpg

Just because they have to be stock...doesn't mean they can't look cool ;) :D
By taz11
A little hype out of the local news....

http://deals.dailyrecord.com/localevent ... ace-Series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last year......
http://newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chro ... 89ff4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by taz11 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By taz11
Race day weather as of 4/17.......76 degrees and sunny :D
By taz11
Hey hypo........

I just wanted to give you a preview of what your son is going to be looking at next thursday :lol: :lol:

mt olive jeep.jpg
blue gaucho 7.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
By taz11
Im not sure how they work things but ....I'd say bring it!
By taz11
Found this......

We were rained out last night.

All loaded up and ready for tonight :D

RACIN'RACIN'RACIN! :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :shock: boy...I need mental help :oops:
By taz11
Here's a few for now......

Team taz :D

mt olive day1 000.jpg

Starting line up for the feature event

mt olive day1 001.jpg

20 something BPROs at speed........Hey! I see 3 MPW members in that shot ;)

mt olive day1 002.jpg

The only major problem of the night was that big silver thing in the front row of pic 2....24 volts...stock RZR :evil:
hmmmmmm. decisions, decisions.

RZR.......25 sec laps
Gaucho...30 sec laps
PW jeep..40 sec laps
Sawblade..40 sec laps

I have to send a thanks out to Hypo21 for covering the trackside repairs on the blue gaucho while I was off with my son in a different age group.

Hypo, can you still hear? I watched a little video and my wife was yelling from start to finish!
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need to get my few pics up too.. last ngiht I ended up crashing early...

The event was fun, a bit disorganized, but all in all fun. They had 3 different events that the groups went through. My son and Taz's daughter were in the same group, both 4. THey had an "obsticale" course with was a tight zig zag course that they had to drive around the cones, then a Straightway course, like a drag race and finally an oval.

It was a lot of fun though overall, and my son finally is understanding more and he said we are goign to practice fo rnext week... which is def needed!
OK.. I grabbed the few pics that I was abel to take between maintaining my son... LOL

pwrace4.jpg
In the "Pits" Taz's daughter's Gauch and My Son's Gaucho
pwrace4.jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 7410 times

pwrace3.jpg
My Son Nikko, all ready to go.
pwrace3.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 7410 times

pwrace2.jpg
Taz's Daughter ready fo rthe start...
pwrace2.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 7410 times

PWrace.jpg
Taz's Son getting after it trying to chase down that RZR!
PWrace.jpg (28.85 KiB) Viewed 7410 times

I think taz needs to get the 18volt decal from this thread viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1900

And give that Gaucho a 6v kick and make that RZR sweat a little.. :twisted:
pwrace5.jpg
LOL....you just gotta love that helmet and goggles! :lol: He's ready for bussiness.

I think I have the RZR covered ;)
Lemme guess...

Gaucho Superpower
60V
Dual speed controllers
High output batteries
Rubber wheels

um...................what am I forgetting? ................. oh yeah - jet assist take-off!

That 'ought to do it.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
TerryInLeesburg wrote:Lemme guess...

Gaucho Superpower
60V
Dual speed controllers
High output batteries
Rubber wheels

um...................what am I forgetting? ................. oh yeah - jet assist take-off!

That 'ought to do it.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dang!.....how'd you guess?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh.. I think Taz has it covered... we will se tonight!

I thought about the super 6 idea also... I have one of those super 6 bigfoots, and they came in 12v in similar models. But, my driver is not the best yet, and a stock gaucho is noticably faster my default. and in this age group there is a Grave Digger, Lightning Mcqueen single seater and Taz's other Gaucho. Speed is nto an issue in my class.. it is the skill we need to work on LOL

have been practicing though, we will see how it pays off today, plus I adjusted the braking a bit to fit the drivers requests. :)
Some pics from tonight.....details later.

Pit lane....

mt olive race 2 001.jpg

The line up......

mt olive race 2 012.jpg
mt olive race 2 002.jpg

The pass!.........

Behind off the line
mt olive race 2 004.jpg

CONTACT!
mt olive race 2 013.jpg

RZR is goin' down!....keep in mind that these 2 are going almost 2x the speed of everyone else :shock: :o YIKES!
mt olive race 2 015.jpg
mt olive race 2 003.jpg
mt olive race 2 005.jpg

GO BUDDY GO!!!! :D

I didn't get the shot but.........man! 4 or 5 car tangle in turn 1....The rear tires locked up and he slid through the pile of PWs and corner workers doing a 180 :o . Missed everything, jammed it in gear and spun it back around......never lost the lead WAAAAAHHOOOOO! RACIN"RACIN"RACIN' :lol: :lol: :lol: Lovin' it!

Later on, while I was loading up, a spectator walked up to my son and said something to the effect of "Nice drivin' kid, that was nice spin".

The kids are divided into groups by age, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8. The 7/8 were put with the 5/6s due to low car count in the 7/8 class.

My daughter is cleaning up in the 3/4 class (unofficially...the timing system is poor to say the least) Hypo's son is starting to apply some pressure.
The RZR was walking away with the other class...but now my son is applying pressure. We got 2nd again due to contact with a lapped car and the resulting spinout. He did win the final "enduro" race (unscored event). If he stays clean, he could win the series. The official results are not released until the final race when they are all added together.
The last event of the night involves all competitors....Kinda reminds me of an enduro race :D

The organization is getting better....but the obsticle coarse is rediculus. Every driver takes a different path.....how the heck do you time that? :evil:

Since we are now one of the fastest teams......I elected to keep my mouth shut. :roll:

I kinda feel like a NASCAR team since I am using a lift gate to load the Gauchos...LOL intimidation at it's best :P !

Having a blast!
Last edited by taz11 on Fri May 06, 2011 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
hypo21 wrote:I do have videos I will be posting, but been fighting with spotty internet all night.. Grrr.. :x :x

Yeah....spotty internet and uploads.....BAD :cry:
ok, here is the break down.... and sorry for the shaky videos and the running around.. marshaling and filming together is tough.

This is my son, Taz's daughter with Taz's wife and I leading the drivers respectively. Need to work on my guy letting off in the corner like Taz's daughter, she is much smoother. Was our first time on asphalt and there is A LOT of push in the corners.. not like on grass, so we need to adjust. The course was a little tight, but fun none the less.

This would be out kids in heat 2 of the oval course. There where 5 in the 3 - 4 group so they ran the other 3, then these 2, which is fair considering they are two Gauchos. I basically told my son to follow her so he would learn the good lines.. Taz's kids have racing in their blood! Little miss Taz took first in this one.

This was all 5 in this age group for fun. You will notice the Grave Digger driver spins out Taz's daughter. The Digger is very good at the PIT maneuver as you will see in other videos... But thanks to the spin out, my guy took first in this one.

This is the Drag course, or straight away. You can really see the difference in the Gauchos over any other PW or Peg out there. My guy is a little sloppy off the line...

This is all 5 in this class running a drag

Here is Taz's son making quick work of a Gator. Watch how he starts out in low, then pulls second and just walk away. The poor other kid was looking for another gear!! Again, Gauchos are just THAT much faster.

And here he is on the way back.. notice the look to the side as he blows by... :D

Here you can see Taz's son going up against the RZR. I wasn't able to get much of it, but what I did get was pretty good, just before this there was some pretty heavy contact...

Then, at the end of the day, they have a free for all race for 3 laps where everyone gets to run. This is that carnage. If you are looking for them, Taz's Daughter=Blue Gaucho with Pink Seats, Taz's son, Yellow Gaucho and my son Blue Gaucho with Red seats. What close as there is some good racing being had working through the pack. The flaggers stopped the race at the wrong time, Taz's son and the RZR where def in the front.
Last edited by hypo21 on Fri May 06, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I may offer to flag the big race next week........see what they say. The organizer did say I could help out if I wanted.

The sad thing is that there are 3 or 4 staff and the organizer that are really into this. The balance of the staff are all there for there goody community service credits....... :evil: ...lots of couldn't care less :x

Don't get me wrong, this is still a blast. It's just that the competitive side of me gets frustrated sometimes.
2 hours to hittin' the road. I'm headed out to the parking lot to hook up the maintainers....give them a last minute boost.

RACIN'RACIN'RACIN'.....twitch :D :lol:
Well, I will let Taz upload his full rundown of the night, but I will say.. RZRs can take more than 24v.. not sure just how much.. put it was def more..

There was even a new RZR tonight in the younger class with Nikko and Taz's daughter. But it was fair, the poor kid was running for 2 weeks with a 6v lightning mcqueen.Now he has a bit more power!

As for Nikko, getting better every week, he did the obstacle course much better today and stayed mostly straight on the drag. and was ok on the oval. Taz's daughter killed it again as usual. On the free for all at the end though.. My son was out for a Sunday drive. He had fun though.

Now Taz's son was killing it with some great driving you can see in the video i will post here.. once Youtube stops screwing around. :)

Another fun night for sure.
Last edited by hypo21 on Thu May 12, 2011 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First of all I need to thank Hypo (again) for bailing me out when my camcorder battery died :oops: .

The RZR mysteriously gained some speed over the past week....enough to put iit n a broadslide or two....traction bands and all :shock: :o .

As you can see in the video, traction was our biggest obsticle. Those plastic tires are no match for the traction bands on the RZR. I think my son lost his consentration watching the RZR run away from him. Those spin outs were not like him.

Not sure where to go from here......Spent the last hour in the garage pondering with some inspiration in a can.

It looked as though the RZR owner got a "talking to". I'm not sure what was said. Later on I was treated to my own question and answer period. :shock: Rut row. Fortunately we turned it into a suggestion discussion about better ways to organize the racing. Hypo and I may be adding some input for next years event and the upcoming DTA Cup race. They actually seem to be excited about the racing action....but are concerned about the slower cars getting run over.....A legitimate point. Fortunetly the girl driving the RZR and my son are pretty good drivers so that has been avoided so far. There was some heavy contact today. You can see my son blow a gator out of his way in hypos video.

This is just like the real thing....with smaller cars :shock: :roll: Lovin it! This is great!
So do you thing the RZR was overvolted to 36 with the stock set up? I can't see the video on my work computer but and interested to see. I was tempted to put 36 to my super G since I still have had issue with it running to "full" stock capacity but can bring myself to cook the board if thats the case :twisted: I have tossed around going to scooter control but am on the fence between 24 and 36 :twisted:

I loved last weeks videos by the way, can't wait to see what last night had in store ;)
I have one video of the smokin RZR. I caught it sideways on tape. Not sure if it was 30 or 36.......but it was more than 24. This weekend is very busy, I will try to get it uploaded to youtube before Monday.
Hey Taz, Maybe to keep the slower cars from getting run over ya' may want to give some thought to breaking them up into more classes by car not just age grps. As you may have said or hypo, the organization seemed a little "loose" ,disorganized. This may help fix it, just a thought.
Actually, funny you brought that up... Like Taz said above, we were engaged with the organizer and explained a lot of this as they simply did not know before. Now they understand that there are voltage issues and next year will be a bit different hopefully.

There is only 1 Thursday night race left next week and then the "DTA CUP" next Saturday. so we will focus on making it better for next year.
Last week I got asked if she could slow down that's all that they had said to me they our worried about slower kids getting hurt that's all that was pretty much said I had made the suggestion of changing class to voltage that's all
Attachments
051611125640 smaller.jpg
I was wondering when you were going to show up.... :D

I made a few suggestions about grouping cars by voltage to make them more even. They are correct, the speed is not the problem.....it is the difference in speed. I may "suggest" a modified class for next year for the older kids. The worst they can do is say "no".

BTW, welcome to the site.
I was a member of the old forum I just didn't ever re register but im always watching and reading good website and helpful as u can see my kids are not noobs to speed lol
Yes, Welcome! Yes, you can tell they are not new to speed. she handles that thing very well. And I noticed the supershock was a little quicker last week too ;) Looked like the super shock got an extra 6v, but I am curious what all you did to the RZR. that thing runs great. You dont have to tell us until next week if you want to wait. But I think everyone could benefit on here from knowing what all you did, if it was just a voltage up grade or what. But it does run fast!

Will see you Thursday!
Jeep Hurricane Radio

There were a few hurricane models and not all of t[…]

My Thomas the Train has a dead circuit board. Doe[…]

I forgot also....Get Up , rub some dirt on it, get[…]

8-)

HobbyMasters Udemy Course