HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By taz11
Someday I Suppose wrote:Taz, how did the kids do last night?

James was 3rd in the feature, Charlene was 6th.
taz you may want to let them know that car 15 is running 12 volts and is being scored with the 6 volt class. I thought they where breaking this down into age groups also?

How is the scoring being done. How do you get points?

Not that I am unhappy my kid is in second, I am just not sure how he got there. The road course he did really good in, the drag race he ran the other kid down and then pushed him out of his lane and the oval he stops and drives over to the pits to see his mom in the middle of the race.
By taz11
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they may have tossed the oval results......not the most acurate.

Link to results / facebook page....http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Olive-Recreation/190316971738
By taz11
Those darn sheds fill up fast don't they?

My gauchos will be some of the last to go.........but the day is getting closer. I have already decided that at the end of the summer all my 12v-super 6s are getting parked. They just don't have the torque for bigger kids.

I'm still waiting for a reply on the oval track situation........ :?: :?: :?: I sent another email asking them to let me know either way so I know what I'm expected to do.....before I get there :?

Quarter midgets are ready for tomorrow...66 drivers on the list :shock: ! Gauchos are on the maintainers for the day.....

I guess all that is left is..........BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY! Lats go racin' boys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Seee you guys this afternoon!
Taz, sounds like a busy week for you. Lol on the oval race, I was trying to figure out how they were doing it, even starting order seems based on how you walk over there, I would love it to be more laps as well. Just have to not worry about it though and let the kids have fun.

Hmmmm on your 12V Super 6 collection, my little one is only 2 right now and just got her first Dora ATV, figure I need something for her to race next year. We are going to bring it tonight though so she can at least have her car there, she was very unhappy last week not being able to race with the big kids.

Heading out of the office in a few, see ya'll tonight.
By taz11
I just found out that my daughter has some after school event she wants to go to. We will be making a hasty exit right after the final race.

Not blowing you guys off :P :P :P ...she was having a meltdown over it. :roll:
Some video from tonight, this one is pretty good from the oval race. I think mine is the only kid cheering for herself, much less clapping for herself while driving.

[video]https://vimeo.com/42375402[/video]

She did a lot better this week on the obstacle course as well

[video]https://vimeo.com/42375400[/video]

this is the big race, she started off and sort of cut off one of those very fast ATV's, and then Taz she took your daughter to the fence on the back end of the track. (Sorry about that)

[video]https://vimeo.com/42375401[/video]
Last edited by Someday I Suppose on Fri May 18, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday how are you posting video so fast??? It takes me hours to dl my videos to youtube.

I can't get enough of her driving with those sunglasses. I love how excited she is when she is winning and that mustang is pretty fast. It is funny how she spends a lot of time not looking straight or where she is going and doesn't have any problems.

My son just wanted to cruise around last night. Not sure what his deal was.

Here is the big race at the end

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOls_5N-tPY&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

and my son in the drag race. That gaucho does go fast when he wants to

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGoBrizzY-0&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]
She is a trip for sure. Last night I think with her cousins there and her Grandparents she was having a bunch of fun. She has done better then I expected driving wise, we live on a cul-de-sac, so she has a lot of experience driving a circle, but also spends a lot of time getting bored, taking her hands off the wheel, and hitting curbs for the fun of it.

I swear I posted links to your son on Vimeo last night as well. I'll PM those links back to you if you want to throw them up, feel free to leave them on vimeo or you can move them if you want. Your son killed in the obstacle course last night.

As for getting them up quick, whats nice with the go-pro you record onto an HD card, so its already a file and then I can just trim it in quick time.

-Scott
By taz11
I was tied up timing the oval....how did the other courses work out? I think they got scoring worked out! Wahoo!

Thats a pretty strong running Rapor........ :evil: :evil: :evil:

Someday....... since we beat you in the end...I'll let it slide ....this time :P :lol:

I love the in car footage....PRICELESS!
Video is courtesy of somedayIsuppose. Thanks again for letting us borrow that camera, the footage came out better then I thought it would.

It looks like my son was really paying attention, I couldn't tell because the entire night he didn't say anything. It was hard to tell if he was understanding what was going on last night when he wouldn't talk or nod or anything. Totally different from last week, maybe he was just focused this week.

See how the raptor takes off after he wrecks in the 1st turn?????? :shock: :shock:
[video]http://vimeo.com/42381809[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/42381811[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/42381810[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/42381808[/video]
I felt bad for a second when that Raptor spun out, Sydney made a move in his direction and he turned it. But yes fast car for sure, he took off like a bat. There was another ATV in the Big Race that was gone, I am guessing 24 volts?

Never Enough, the in car came out great, the roll bar was a good spot. If you want next week we can try one on the hood pointing back at him, either the suction cup mount, or a 3M sticky tab. I think I may try moving Sydney's to the back of the car next week for a different view.

I swapped batteries for the big race which I think may have been a mistake, its the original battery to the car, probably about 4 years old at this point as I bought the car used. Still all about having fun.
Oh I forgot to add you can send the videos to mt.olive for facebook.

The red atv with the rubber tires is 24 volts and so is the silver RZR and they should be fast. That blue atv is "12 volts"

I was thinking about the camera on the way down and I was thinking maybe the windshield would block the view. I have been looking at picking one up after seeing your videos but there are so many options. I saw one the other day on the lower bumper of a corvette Z06 in my lowes parking lot. I thought wow there is someone very trusting or just too much money to leave that on all the time. Lucky for him I am too honest.

If you need new batteries let me know, I have 6 brand new aftermarket ones. I had 2 in my truck last night. I will bring a powerwheel connector with one next week.
Last edited by Never enough on Fri May 18, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the Go Pro, don't let the options get in the way, at the end of the day I think there are three models, the original non-HD one, then the ones I have are the Go Pro HD, and now the new Go Pro HD 2.0. Beyond that, all the 'options' HD Motorsports, HD Surf, etc all use the same hard plastic case and come with two doors, one is watertight for using in surf and stuff. You can get any of the different mounts, etc. no matter what one you have. I have to think there should be some deals coming up on the HD version as people upgrade to the 2.0. That is crazy btw to just leave it sitting on your Vette.

I have only really toyed with mine so far, but if you check out some of the other links on my vimeo, we took it snow tubing, have had it on a buddies 600CC Micro Sprint car, and last weekend took one up in an electric RC plane.

(You have to tell me btw how you got the embed code to work on here with vimeo videos.)

Thanks on the battery, I am interested for sure, we just have the two right now, but clearly the one is getting old. I have 3 6V on order from Gruber as I plan to make the Mustang 18V for the summer, but will need something for the Gaucho project.
Yeah. Thats just a big race for fun with everyone no points. 24v, 12v and 6v all race together.

There are only 2 24v cars also and they run with the 12v cars but they are scored against the 24v cars.
By taz11
Someday I Suppose wrote:This is horrible, anxiously awaiting the standings after week 2. :-)

Yeah...been checking myself.... :oops: :oops:
They are up now

Second Power Wheels Race Standing for 12 Vol Cars:
*James car 13 w/30 points,
*Charlene car 12 w/26 points,
*Matthew car 14 w/22 points,
*Sean car 11 w/22 points,
*Tyler car 18 w/21 points,
*Cody car 19 w/19 points,
*Keira car 21 w/18 points,
*Gavin car 4 w/17 points, &
Audrey car 24 w/15 points,
*Thomas car 10 w/12 points,
*Steven car 8 w/12 points,
*Austin car 17 w/11 points,
*Sydney car 7 w/7 points,
*John car 28 w/7 points,
*Anthony car 15 w/6 points,
*Teagan car 9 w/4 points,
*Keith car 5 w/4 points,
*David car 6 w/3 points,
*Parker car 20 w/2 points,
*Carter car 26 w/ 2 points,
*Troy car 25 w/2 points,
*Adrian car 16 w/1 point.
By taz11
RUTT ROW..... The Raptor moved up 4 spots :shock: ....Gonna be close :?

Glad he spun out!

Someday....you fell victim to the upgraded "super speedy Raptor" :evil: :evil: :evil:

After my weekend I'm ready to "pull the plug " on him.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thats what I thought. Thats why I copied it and posted it here just so we can see. They took down the 1st weeks results. My son had 14 the 1st week and has 22 now. I didn't think he did that bad but I guess the slower truck killed him. I still don't see how he only got 8 points.

Your girl seems to do very well and I can't see how she is so low and she has a very fast car.
After seeing how much the raptor moved up I was about to send them an email but I don't want to look like I am a poor sport with a faster truck and can't win.

My kid is having a good time and still learning, if he wins thats great but if he loses thats only part of the game. I just don't think the raptor should be getting any awards for his racing.
By taz11
Not sure exactly....but the Raptor was faster and the family that bought the new Gaucho now has a fast ride. That will account for 2 spots.

You gotta bring the blue one back.....was kinda surprised when you brought the yellow one last week.

Raptor issue.... You can send a tasteful email about it. Don't accuse....just ask. I sent one stating that "Now that I have observed all the cars I can tell you, for a fact, that there is one 12v car that IS NOT STOCK! Not a good message to send to our younger generation IMO. Just letting you know" I left it at that....they will ask if they are concerned.
By taz11
How about "There was a vehicle that was roughly the same speed as most the first week, and then was way faster the second week. I have owned a similar vehicle and it did not go that fast. I hate to think that someone may be setting a poor example for their kids by modifing their vehicle when you specified "stock". Thought you'd like to know."
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taz, it wasnt the Raptor, I mean Sydney got -2 points this week, and won her oval race, both drag races, and had a pretty clean obstacle course. That she got the same number of points as her car number also is interesting. We sent Marie and e-mail, I am sure its just some numbers transposed... They are listing Tyler who is the other Mustang in 5th, last week I think they had him 1 point ahead of Sydney, so I figure she should be right around where he is, duct tape on his tires and all...

On the raptor... you know I was trying to decide whats right as well, blow the wistle or if a few of us Dad's should walk over and politely question how that car is so fast. :-)
NE, on that, I think this is a good approach, and you have the video showing how fast he was able to drive away from your son in the big race. You could send a copy of the link as evidence...

taz11 wrote:How about "There was a vehicle that was roughly the same speed as most the first week, and then was way faster the second week. I have owned a similar vehicle and it did not go that fast. I hate to think that someone may be setting a poor example for their kids by modifing their vehicle when you specified "stock". Thought you'd like to know."
The family with the new gaucho only has 6 points so he did not get a lot of points last week. My son had 8 so he must have beat him.

I have plenty of nice looking gauchos but my son loves that beat up one. I will be bringing only the blue one this week.

As for the raptor I don't have to accuse look at the video he passed 6 stock 12volts in about half a straightway until he hit traffic and had to slow down
By taz11
Yeah, I know what you mean........ I hate to make a stink over a kids race......but it the concept that bugs me.

I took my DQ in stride on Friday night....and it wasn't an intentional violation. Was not happy...but accepted it.

"not legal"....is "not legal"...period!

I have a plan to beat him......LEGALLY......depends on how this week goes and what the points show afterwards.

My son is safe as long as he doesn't make a mistake....my daughter may need some help.

Just like what happened last year.......if you don't enforce the rules....rules no longer apply.
By taz11
NE and Someday......your right....something is not right there.

Asked them to look into a few scores........
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
That is my issue this is a fun kids event. I didn't want to make a big deal over the scoring and stuff. I wanted to have my son learn how to drive better in traffic. He drives with only my daughter so I thought this would be good for him not to be given the fastest ride I have and run circles around everyone.

He is having fun and we will be doing this event for a while. I am just bitter that the raptor is not legal and winning.
By drew510
So, you guys don't have any sort of tech inspection? I think you guys should push for something kind of like Taz goes through with the sprint cars. Top three get tech'd. Verify motors/GBs/batteries.
By taz11
drew510 wrote:So, you guys don't have any sort of tech inspection? I think you guys should push for something kind of like Taz goes through with the sprint cars. Top three get tech'd. Verify motors/GBs/batteries.

I've suggested exactly that.....about 4 times over the last 2 years.

Someday........the two new faster cars would have put you down by 2 (in theory) which would be 7. I think they forgot to add your score....should be 16 IMO........see if they reply.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 21, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is nobody looking over the cars at all. They have no idea what stock would look like either. There is really no issue with people modding them this year, they all seem to run the same speed. The gauchos stand out but you can see they are about the same speed as each other.

The gearboxes would be the toughest thing to check since they would need to know the gearing of each model. They volunteer and they are ready to leave as soon as its over so I don't think them sticking around to take apart a ride to tech would be high on their list.

I think they should just question the ones that run away from the rest of the field.
Last edited by Never enough on Mon May 21, 2012 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taz, is it Marie that you e-mail with MCalvo@mtolivetwp.org?

On position, I could see what you are saying if they didnt score the oval again, but last week she was 7th with a crash in the obstacle course, this week she was clean there and won in the oval race. (She beat the new gaucho in that race) so not sure how they add them all together, but would have expected her to receive the same or more points this week then last.
We feel the same way, the kids are having a blast, at the end of the day thats what matters most. I am not a fan of the lets not keep score mentality that you hear about often now, but with this sort of thing, if they cant tech and can't score, then I start to wonder if its not better to not try to keep score. Heck, lets just make it a big 20 lap oval race and have fun :-)

Never enough wrote:That is my issue this is a fun kids event. I didn't want to make a big deal over the scoring and stuff. I wanted to have my son learn how to drive better in traffic. He drives with only my daughter so I thought this would be good for him not to be given the fastest ride I have and run circles around everyone.

He is having fun and we will be doing this event for a while. I am just bitter that the raptor is not legal and winning.
By taz11
Agreed!

Do it right....or don't do it. The kids have fun either way :D
By taz11
Yup....definitely need some clarification here. I think somebody needs to re-take math......

Week 1 Standing - 12 Volt Cars
James car 13 15 points Matthew car 14 14 points
Charlene car 12 13 points Cody car 19 12 points
Thomas car 10 11 points Tyler car 18 10 points
Sydney car 7 9 points Sean car 11 8 points
Gavin car 4 7 points Steven car 8 6 points
Keira car 21 5 points Audrey car 24 4 points
Austin car 17 3 points Teagan car 9 2 points
Parker car 20 1 point Davd car 6 1 point
John car 28 1 point Carter car 25 1 point
Troy car 25 1 point

WEEK 2
James car 13 w/30 points,
*Charlene car 12 w/26 points,
*Matthew car 14 w/22 points,
*Sean car 11 w/22 points,
*Tyler car 18 w/21 points,
*Cody car 19 w/19 points,
*Keira car 21 w/18 points,
*Gavin car 4 w/17 points, &
Audrey car 24 w/15 points,
*Thomas car 10 w/12 points,
*Steven car 8 w/12 points,
*Austin car 17 w/11 points,
*Sydney car 7 w/7 points,
*John car 28 w/7 points,
*Anthony car 15 w/6 points,
*Teagan car 9 w/4 points,
*Keith car 5 w/4 points,
*David car 6 w/3 points,
*Parker car 20 w/2 points,
*Carter car 26 w/ 2 points,
*Troy car 25 w/2 points,
*Adrian car 16 w/1 point.
Last edited by taz11 on Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome stuff...wish we had something around my town like that....pretty cool....and that Raptor is definitely got something going on...haha
By taz11
Someday I Suppose wrote:Hmmm, doesnt look like we heard anything back from them today... Makes you wonder ;-)

Hmmmm...nada..... Must be busy drawing up the restraining order :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
madmaxdecals wrote:Awesome stuff...wish we had something around my town like that....pretty cool....and that Raptor is definitely got something going on...haha

So do something about it :D I went to my township and have been talking with them to start something like this. They think its a great idea and they are going to do it here also, provided there is enough interest.

Can't hurt to ask. They will never do it if they never heard of it before.
Last edited by Never enough on Tue May 22, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By taz11
Never enough wrote:
madmaxdecals wrote:Awesome stuff...wish we had something around my town like that....pretty cool....and that Raptor is definitely got something going on...haha

So do something about it :D I went to my township and have been talking with them to start something like this. They think its a great idea and they are going to do it here also, provided there is enough interest.

Can't hurt to ask. They will never do it if they never heard of it before.

KEEP ME POSTED!!!!!!!!
By taz11
Never enough wrote:I will because I have about a 1000 questions on how to pull this off better and still have fun

Video camera on a tripod.....'nuf said ;) :D

Other questions: Hardened pinions? I don't think […]

First gen Bigfoot project

Put a pair of traxxas titan 21t motors on it the o[…]

Jeep 4x4 12v RC

So Lama Toys is a distributer/retailer but it's no[…]

Hi, I love the idea of putting together a 24v[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course