HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By ms1120
May 26 2012, the first annual GA Power Wheels get together. It will be "run what you brung" and a blast for the kids. We will invade Vindog's pool, backyard and pottys and wont help clean up anything. We will be having this event for fun more so than for a race but all the kids and adults should have fun. Anyone in the Woodstock, GA area or willing to travel to the same is welcome. The RSVP list will start here. Classes will be made up as people commit. Please let us know what you are bringing when you sign up here. Be prepared to bring some stuff to trade or get rid of and some wish lists which you can post with your "im coming" post.
Last edited by ms1120 on Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will start....I will be coming with one driver, one pit crew member, one significant other, a load of parts for everything except Pegs and 2 box stock PWs that are slower than Christmas.
Ok you GA people and those of you nearby, you need to show some interest so we can get an event going on this date. The event will happen but its up to everyone to make it a big success for the kids.
I spent my Easter building a picnic table. 10' long and 36" across. Should hold lots of food, and kids...
Awesome. Heres what Im bringing for Baby Danica Patrick to drive
A Lil F150 on 12 or so volts and
A Raptor 700 (if I can get it painted by then)

As far as the swap meeting stuff, I have loads of parts for most power wheels (little and big) and lots of peg odds and ends like battery and car side connectors and Gator parts. I also have lots of different non monster traction wheel and tires that I can bring if someone needs something specific. I have 5 Jeeps to build this weekend so I dont know if I will get to do too much modding prior to the event.
I'm figuring to have Dylan run the XM with 21Ts. Maybe I'll kick it up to 18V to keep up with the stock slow f-150...

I'll have a variety of used and new parts on-hand, including chargers and decals. Even a PP JD Gator roof kit, brand new.
VinDog wrote:I'm figuring to have Dylan run the XM with 21Ts. Maybe I'll kick it up to 18V to keep up with the stock slow f-150...

Im glad you are thinking about my daughters feelings. lol
If you live in GA and dont make this event, you are gonna miss out. If you live near GA and dont come, you will miss out. It will be something to talk about the rest of the year. Not to mention that the kids will have a blast riding with other drivers and not just the neighbor kid that always crashes into your garage.
I'm planning on coming. No clue if it will be both kids and the wife, one kid, or what.. I may bring them and give her a day to herself.. Don't know what we're bringing as far as rides go.. We have an Eliminator w/ 21Ts and a Xtreme Machine on 19Ts. Probably bring those and maybe a gaucho if I can fit it all!
ms1120 wrote:Yay! Bring me one of those free motorcycles when you come. lol

Really? Hey Foust, MS wants a few free mini quads! :shock: :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
taz11 wrote:
ms1120 wrote:Yay! Bring me one of those free motorcycles when you come. lol

Really? Hey Foust, MS wants a few free mini quads! :shock: :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are no "smiles" to reflect the feeling I just had. :evil: < this is the closest to the 100th power
I plan to do my best to make this if I don't end up working. Will try to bring 3 grand kids and the better half. Don't know what to bring yet, at least a stock two seater f-150 and a falling apart quad. Maybe I can fiind some parts and suggestions on restoring the PW quad. :-) , also have an old barbie jeep I've been working on.
emmitt wrote:I plan to do my best to make this if I don't end up working. Will try to bring 3 grand kids and the better half. Don't know what to bring yet, at least a stock two seater f-150 and a falling apart quad. Maybe I can fiind some parts and suggestions on restoring the PW quad. :-) , also have an old barbie jeep I've been working on.

FYI, your stock F150 may need to be running at 18 volts to keep up with MS's daughter in her lil F150. I have some new decal sets for quads and barbie jeeps. You looking for any?
VinDog wrote:
emmitt wrote:I plan to do my best to make this if I don't end up working. Will try to bring 3 grand kids and the better half. Don't know what to bring yet, at least a stock two seater f-150 and a falling apart quad. Maybe I can fiind some parts and suggestions on restoring the PW quad. :-) , also have an old barbie jeep I've been working on.

FYI, your stock F150 may need to be running at 18 volts to keep up with MS's daughter in her lil F150. I have some new decal sets for quads and barbie jeeps. You looking for any?

WHAT? I did advertise that I was bringing a box stock PW that was slower than Christmas. :D
Got some discount pallets of sod for the areas wheere I just can't get grass seed to grow before the rains wash it away every time. Some centipede, some zenith zoysia, and some emerald zoysia. I hope it takes and is ready for mowing before the event.
The swing set has been moved out of the center area and off the track area. With that gone, maybe two separate tracks would work. Otherwise, one huge track will have to do.

Remember to bring extra batteries.
I was pretty sure that about 15 people would have confirmed by now. I have 2 batteries but they wont really hold a charge.. Maybe I can use the boat battery. Im looking forward to it. Even if Baby Danica shreds the gears in everything I bring, she will have fun. She doesnt really have anyone to ride with now so Im sure she will enjoy it.
A little over 2 weeks out. If you are still on the fence about coming, get on the right side of the fence. If you dont do anything else for your little ones this year, this is the one thing they will enjoy. Power wheels, swimming, eating, fellowshipping (if thats a word) and a plain ole good time. PM VinDog for the location info and give the PW a bath. Get your wife to get all made up like ya'll are going to Walmart, get the kids in the car, load the PW in the back and come on!
There will be new and used parts, as well as vehicles available for buy/sell/trade.
And hours of fun for the kids.

The problem is figuring out the food situation. We need to know how many people are coming. What are preferences on feeeding the kids? Everyone bring something for themselves? Everyone bring something to share? We need to get an idea of attendance, as well as a discussion of the activities and food.

Come on guys, let's get things going!!
Im of the opinion of everyone bring something. We can have a central food like hamburgers or Brats and then everyone bring something to go along with it. Im bringing chips and ranch dip as well as a case of water. And the box stock rides....
Laid out a track today. It's a long oval. There are a couple nice wide straightaway sections for passing, a jog around some stumps, and a bit of mud. We'll see if the mud lasts. Looking forward to Mike coming out to check it out and hammer out the details and hammer in the stakes. Bring a hammer!!

Hey, MS1120! Bringin a Lil F-150?
What does "MS" stand for? "Mediocre Speed"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe I'll make Dylan run with his high-speed lock-out screw in place... :o :lol:

So who's going to be there?

I was thinking of post an ad on craigslist for "customers" to come during a specific time window to check out all the BPROs and possibly buy one. Anyone interested in bringing something to sell? Maybe we could get some pics posted on CL...
Im willing to unload my Eliminator. I will bring a hammer and I am bringing the lil 150. I would appreciate you keeping the lockout screws in place since my daughter is running a stock truck.
Well...We're just about a week out from the event and I have to say that the folks that have been willing to commit has been disappointing. COME ON FOLKS! We are going to have the event one way or the other. I was sure looking forward to meeting some of the people that Ive gotten to know here. I was also looking forward to a Swap Meet of sorts so that I could bring some stuff to sell/ trade and others could too.
Lets make this first event a success and make it guaranteed to be an annual event.
The track is laid out at this point. Just need to manicure it a bit and stake and rope it off. It's about 750 - 800 feet per lap, with some nice curves and some long, wide straightaways for passing.

I was thinking of 11:00 - 5:00.
Get the kids started riding and fire up the grill.
After they drive a bit, serve up some lunch.
Then drive some more, until a snack and juice break.
Then some more driving, and finally a dip in the pool to cool off for the ride home...
So they're calling for hot and sunny weather on Saturday, which could change at any minute.
Bring something for swimming if you like. It's a 48" above ground pool, so life vests or whatever you need to keep your kid dfrom sinking will be required...
Last edited by VinDog on Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
:!:
Highway 92 Rental, a couple miles up the road, is an authorized Power Wheels Service Center. I will be running up there later this week to get some A T Rex tires for the rears on my Eliminator, some $0.50 push nuts, and other items. Anyone need something that I can see if they have in stock? I paid $8 for a harley tire, $3 for a brute force rim/wheel driver, and very competitive prices for everything. I'm more than happy to pick something up for you on Thursday or Friday and have it on hand on Saturday.
Just let me know part number and quantity, and I will see if they have the parts in stock and what the prices are. Gotta move quick though...
ms1120 wrote:Do they stock decals?

No. Decals are special order. What decals do you need?
PM me for the address if you are planning to attend.
They calling for low 90s and sun, so remember the pool gear and sun block.

We have a few chairs and a picnic table, but you may want to bring a folding chair, even a pop-up canopy.

Here is the track. I didn't have enough yellow or enough orange tape to do the whole track, so it's a mix of both.
It's about 775' long, depending on the line you take. I think I need to get the real camera out...

First pic is how I found it when I moved in
Easement Before.JPG

This pic is from the beginning of the year
Playground.jpg
Playground.jpg (58.77 KiB) Viewed 5419 times

The track for this weekend. Click to zoom for better view of the farside.
Track.jpg
Last edited by VinDog on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
That is one huge transformation. Nice you saw the potential in that lot.

That is one cool course also, I love the arrows and the finish line. It looks massive, how many laps are you guys running? I wish I was closer it looks like you guys are gonna have a great time.

Make sure to post some pictures.
Don't know how many laps we'll be running. Seems like we should figure that out before the kids get started.
I think having the number of laps equal to the number of kids racing would be cool. That way, whichever kid is in last place at the first bottleneck has a full lap to pass each of the other kids.

It's 800' around the outside line and 700' around the inside line. The final lap will be about 20' shorter due to location of the Finish Line. There was talk about running heats, and it seemed that with the length of the track, we could stagger starts and run the heats simultaneously, so we put the starting line off to the side.
VinDog wrote::!:
Highway 92 Rental, a couple miles up the road, is an authorized Power Wheels Service Center.

Vince, what's the address to Highway 92 rental?

I'm still trying to get by Saturday. We have a baseball game and then the Braves game.
I'm not sure the exact address, but it's not even a mile west of I-575 on Highway 92 in Woodstock. I'm not even a mile east of I-575 on Highway 92.
I think they close at 2:00 on Saturdays. Closed Sundays.
Probably running by there tomorrow, if there's something you need to see if it's in stock or have me pick up.

As for Saturday, it looks like it's going to be pretty hot. I don't mind the rally turning into a swimming party when the heat gets too much to bear. I could easily see us exceeding the 5:00 end time. Even if some kids don't want to swim, there's also enough room to drive BPROs in the backyard, and a swingset, etc.
Vince...I know we've been talking so this is no surprise, but just to make it official...

We will be there--my wife, my daughter (5) and my son (2) and of course, me.

We'll bring some sides--potato salad, macaroni salad, etc.

I'll bring some parts I have laying around too--Gaucho motor/gearbox, PW Jeep full harness w/gearboxes, motors, switches, misc parts.

See you soon!

H.
emmitt wrote:Sorry to say I'll be working, but hopefully this will be an annual event. Sounds like tons of fun for sure. Track looks Great.

This is just the first. With any luck, we'll be making it a regular thing, maybe again in the fall, when the days will be cool again...
h-bomb wrote:Vince...I know we've been talking so this is no surprise, but just to make it official...
We will be there--my wife, my daughter (5) and my son (2) and of course, me.
We'll bring some sides--potato salad, macaroni salad, etc.
I'll bring some parts I have laying around too--Gaucho motor/gearbox, PW Jeep full harness w/gearboxes, motors, switches, misc parts.
See you soon!
H.

Great news!!
I picked up a blue hurricane today your daughter can drive. Needed switches drained and cleaned, and had a final gear bad in one GB. I just happened to have one sitting on the kitchen counter...
Bring your batteries. Probably best to mark your name on them.
I HAVE AN AUTOZONE AND NAPA BOTH WITHIN 1/2 MILE FROM ME, IF YOU NEED FUSES, WIRE CONNECTORS, OR SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T HAVE ON HAND...
VinDog wrote:I HAVE AN AUTOZONE AND NAPA BOTH WITHIN 1/2 MILE FROM ME, IF YOU NEED FUSES, WIRE CONNECTORS, OR SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T HAVE ON HAND...

Coming up Canton Rd from the south, take the immediate right after passing the NAPA on the left.
Coming down Canton Rd from the north, take an immediate left after passing the AutoZone on the right.
They're a couple hundred yards apart, and my neighborhood entrance is across from them, right in the middle.
So what other parts or vehicles do people have to bring for barter/sell?

I'll have:
An Eliminator. Currently has a cracked GB case. Working light bar, that I repainted.
A red silverado "kit" truck. Comes with harness. Some assembly required.
Maybe my F-150 12v with four headlights. Needs light switch wired and installed.
Ducati Monster with many new parts (some assembly required)
Desert Challenger
I may even consider parting with a Gaucho for an MPW member. That'll be a tough choice.
And maybe my CAT tough loader, but then I can't build my 4-Wheel Drive and Steering something or other...

I also have parts and decals.
F-150 12 v decals, steering wheels
Mustang steering wheels
Escalade headlights and taillights
seat belts
wheel drivers
bushings
wheel and steering wheel retainers (with screws)
blue battery chargers (and lots of em) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some chrome harley parts
brute force decals and handlebar grips
barbie jeep decals
F-150, Mustang, and Hurricane hub caps
Every kind of screw PW has
XM fake engine
And more...

And probably a couple dune beetles... :o
I have loads of parts for lots of stuff but I am not going to overload myself. I will bring whatever anyone is going to take off my hands. Have a request? Let me know and I will see if I have it.
VinDog wrote:I picked up a blue hurricane today your daughter can drive. Needed switches drained and cleaned, and had a final gear bad in one GB. I just happened to have one sitting on the kitchen counter...

Was that the one in Buford? Are you the reason the girl selling it stopped replying to my emails and pleadings to come take it off her hands?
h-bomb wrote:
VinDog wrote:I picked up a blue hurricane today your daughter can drive. Needed switches drained and cleaned, and had a final gear bad in one GB. I just happened to have one sitting on the kitchen counter...

Was that the one in Buford? Are you the reason the girl selling it stopped replying to my emails and pleadings to come take it off her hands?

You are coorect sir! It needs a pair of front tires too, and some steering repair.
ms1120 wrote:I have loads of parts for lots of stuff but I am not going to overload myself. I will bring whatever anyone is going to take off my hands. Have a request? Let me know and I will see if I have it.

There's someone coming that is need of Kawasaki tires. I'll see if I can figure out the right model, but I think it's a ninja, non-monster traction. He also needs a pedal switch for one of his vehicles. I assume it's a plunger switch. He says the pedal is too stiff.

I came across this thing for free. It's awesome. N[…]

Since you haven't purchased it yet my suggestion i[…]

Below is a picture of the shifter with the screw i[…]

The shifter itself has two DPDT switches inside it[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course