M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Past and present organized events and races
By taz11
UPDATES
The date is set for October 27th. The Rain date will be October 28.

Entries.....

Never enough........Matthew....... #17
Never enough........Abigail......... #16
Taz....................Charlene.......#67
Taz....................James..........#68
Someday I suppose..Charley.........#2
Someday I suppose..Sydney..........#4
Jornum1...............Andy............#23
87jeepwrangler.......Cayden.........#4108

Oval track
1) 6 volt..............................2, 23, 4108
2) 12v stock.........................16, 17, 67, 68, 2, 4, 23
3) stock +6...........................16, 17,67, 68, 23
4) Peg-Perego 24v stock.............17, 68, 23
5) Modified............................17, 67, 68, 23
6) Unlimited...........................67, 23, 4108

Offroad Track
1) 6v stock............................2, 23, 4108
2) 12v stock...........................17, 67, 68, 4, 23
3) Peg Perego 24v stock.............17, 68, 23
4) Modified 4x2 18v.......................67, 68, 4,
5) Modified 4x2 over 18v.................67, 68
6) Modified 4x4.......................17, 67, 68, 23, 4108

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original topic

I'd hoping to have another event this fall. Maybe the last one.....maybe not.....time will tell.

I have lots going on, so I wanted to throw it out there to see who would be interested before I commit to it.

It would be sometime in October after the regular racing season was over. Near the 08804 zip code.

Let me know if you are interested and what days are good for you.

Grass oval track and a possible "run what you brung" off road obstical course

Interested Members...
Taz11
Never enough
Someday I Suppose
Jornum1

Car rules...http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2665
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am, edited 16 times in total.
By Never enough
We will show up this year but much faster :D . I think my son can handle the faster cars. My little girl can really drive well so she will race the stock class maybe the +6 class not sure about that.

Off road course huh?? I guess I gotta dig out the 4x4. Are you thinking a slow crawler course or baja type?
By taz11
Never enough wrote:
Off road course huh?? I guess I gotta dig out the 4x4. Are you thinking a slow crawler course or baja type?

Not completely sure.... I'm thinking a mix of different stuff.... one at a time against the clock.
Taz, we would be interested for sure. Weekends are best for us, and in October we will be gone in the middle of the month, taking the girls to Florida to see the mouse. But if the timing works, we would love to come out and have some fun.
By Jornum1
My son and I would definitely be in. Sorry just saw the post. Unfortunately I dont have any stock rides. But I do have two 24v scooter controlled rides. Not sure what class they would run it, but we would come just to see everyone. Was a blast last year.
By Never enough
I have plenty of parts trucks that are very usable, I could bring down a stock boys jeep for the stock and the 18v class if you want. They are not pretty so you dont have to worry about messing it up.
By Jornum1
Hmm well let me see how it goes. I actually have a nice stock hummer, but it's a bear to steer. I will have to see how my son can handle it. I appreciate the offer though, thank you.
By Jornum1
Hey your back Rob, was wondering what happened to ya!

We are definitely in now if Taz can still work it out. My son is now able to control his cars on his own, so he is very excited to race this year.
By taz11
Jornum1 wrote:Any news on if this is going to happen Taz?

Yes. It looks like it will be on Oct 27th with a rain date on the 28th. It may be on a smaller scale than last year.

Keep an eye on this thread. Things should start to come together about Oct 1st.
That's a tight deadline :P

Time is short this year but I will attempt to make the most of it. I am somewhat unprepared this year so it is the best year to beat my kids :P :P
taz11 wrote:That's a tight deadline :P

Time is short this year but I will attempt to make the most of it. I am somewhat unprepared this year so it is the best year to beat my kids :P :P

Unprepared? They have been racing all summer!

Seriously though, let me know what I can do to help.
OK..... If jornum gets the RZR going... What do you guys think of a stock 24v race? I know NE has an 800.

That's 3....enough for a race.
Never enough wrote:Yeah I guess thats fine. I only have one battery for it so I can't run a lot of heats.

20 laps...feature only. ;)
All important updates will be added to the first post.
Last edited by taz11 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let me know if you need help with anything. I can stop by whenever and help set stuff up. Depending on how many people show up, I may need to drop some trucks off the night before so your yard is not filled with trailers

I am in for these classes

2- in the stock class
2- in the stock +6
1- in the 24v peg
1- in the modified class

Off road class
1- the stock class
1- in the 4x4 modified
I'll let you guys know about the help when it gets closer. Exactly how much help depends on weather, work schedule, and such.
87jeepwrangler wrote:will there be an unlimited 24v 4x4 class? not that i'll realistically have mine done, but just asking?

let me know if you need anything that i can help you with rob.

That would fall under modified 4x4
Looks like we are in.

RIght now I would think Charley will do the 6V and 12V oval

And Sydney will do the 12V Oval, Modified Oval (18 Volt?) and Modified offroad 4X2

How many batteries do I need to think about bringing lol...

And... for food if ya want I can bring the smoker and do some Atomic Buffalo Turd Jalapeno Poppers and or some burgers and such.
Ohh now I am not going to miss it, anytime a smoker is involved I am there!

BTW, cant say what Andy will run, I will bring a few rides and see how it goes. Not expecting him to be competitive, but I know he will love participating.

And if Rob gets his buggy done, and I cant get the gaucho driver controlled, do the Dads get to do a RC class too ;-) I think Rob will smoke the gaucho though with that setup.
The smoker works. I'm not to up to date on R/C......if you guys get them together you can race them :D

We can work out the specific food details after the 1/4s are done for the year and I can actually concentrate.

Bring all batteries!
I'll bring them all, just wondering if I need some extra batteries lol. :-)

Might have to place an order this weekend.

taz11 wrote:The smoker works. I'm not to up to date on R/C......if you guys get them together you can race them :D

We can work out the specific food details after the 1/4s are done for the year and I can actually concentrate.

Bring all batteries!
Final weekend at Blue Mountain. Double header Friday and Sunday :D

Maybe I can finally start organizing this next week so we are not all wondering what the heck is going on :? :roll: :oops:
Last edited by taz11 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I Suppose wrote:I agree with Never Enough, whats there to wonder about :-0

Though I do have a small bounce castle if you want I can bring that up with us as well, let some of the kids run around and jump when they arent racing.

Sure...why not.
Someday I Suppose wrote:I agree with Never Enough, whats there to wonder about :-0

Though I do have a small bounce castle if you want I can bring that up with us as well, let some of the kids run around and jump when they arent racing.

Ha, between that and the jungle gym I will never get my son on the track! But hey as long as he has fun! I always have the rc beast....
Thats the way I look at it, all about having a good time. :P

Jornum1 wrote:

Ha, between that and the jungle gym I will never get my son on the track! But hey as long as he has fun! I always have the rc beast....
GOODMANJOE55 wrote:October 27th? darn! Thats our Elks Lodge Halloween party.

When is the next race?

Joe

I usually have one every fall. This, however, may be the last one. To soon to tell for sure.
I have offered before, if anyone is willing to ride out to Bergen county, NJ I would host a meet up. I just never thought it would happen because it seems most of you are from PA or close to the border.
Taz, its time to have another kid! For the sake of your BPRO collection ;-)

Sorry to thread jack Taz, but since we are all meeting up thought I would ask you guys. And I know some of you have extensive collections.
I have been commissioned to find a quad for my nephew. I want to get him something solid, preferably a Peg outlaw or sportsman. Not worried about looks, but just in working order. I would pay whatever you would flip it for, not looking for a deal. I also would be willing to trade for a nice hummer I have, or a 50cc pit bike.
If any of you are willing to part with one shoot me a pm, I dont want to clog up this thread. thanks.

Again sorry taz!
Jornum1, I have a Polaris 700 that needs a bunch of work that I got for little $$. If you want I can bring it with us to the race for you to take a look and see if you want it. It needs wheels for sure, and I would plan a new wire harness and at least rebuilding the switches.

Scott
Open to thoughts on start time....

Late morning so you're home for dinner? Early afternoon so the kids are sleeping when you get home?
Hey Taz I may be bringing Andy's nephew as long as thats ok with you. He probably wont race, if he does maybe just the stock 12v class. But I am trying to get him and his Dad into BPRO's and they actually life just up the road from you. Looks like they are going to buy that SP near me for him for xmas. So thank you Scott but we should be good.

I came across this thing for free. It's awesome. N[…]

Since you haven't purchased it yet my suggestion i[…]

Below is a picture of the shifter with the screw i[…]

The shifter itself has two DPDT switches inside it[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course