Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electrical, Battery & Switch help
please pay attention----DO NOT PLACE BATTERIES OF DIFFERENT VOLTAGES IN PARALLEL.
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=67509
click on the link an read the things that can happen.

Peg Perego Battery replacement:

The above post is for Power Wheels batteries and aftermarket batteries. This post is for taking an aftermarket Gruber battery and putting it in a Peg Perego battery battery case. Typically a 12 volt 12 AH battery.

This is your typical peg battery:

To open it up you need to gently pry apart the strap from the top of the battery case, where the plastic nib is. The screw driver is at the bottom to hold the strap open for the pic.

When you lift the cover, this is what you find:

The small silver box is the breaker, usually a 30 amp, but some older models may have a 25 amp, and the positive connector. It does come off easy but you have to push down on the little metal thing on the back of the connector. The conn. has a little metal nib that sticks up through a hole in the center of the male spade sticking out of the battery. If you dont push down on this it makes it quite hard to get off.

After you get it off, this is what you got:

Now all you have to do is to put the new battery (from gruber) in it place and put the connectors on and your done.

[hr]

***Here is a little mod i did to keep the battery breaker from tripping, because for the life of me i could not get it to stop.

I took the breaker and some extra rubber off to make it flush so I could plug it on the battery:

Now i have 12volts unprotected to the ride on so I put a fuse holder inline with the plug:

And put a 40 amp fuse in its place.

Why a fuse you say? And on the outside, you say?

Well... I had to make sure I could replace it with out taking the battery apart every time the fuse blew and I wanted to make sure it was the battery fuse/breaker that was causing the trouble.

Long story short, what I finally found was the switches had just enough current loss to cause the breaker to trip, very aggrivating, so no matter what I did to the battery and breaker nothing would have fixed the problem.

So what I am saying is, if there is a breaker tripping then make sure you check everything, switches, breakers, wiring, connectors all that, because I view this as a last resort, I hate hacking a good battery connecor and wiring. The frustration I had with this made me do a write up about switch cleaning. So I guess it isn't all bad.

http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2896 <---- switch maintainence

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course