Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electrical, Battery & Switch help
I hope to elaborate on this at some point.....for now here is the basic idea.

Connect the two motor wires to a 12 volt battery. Connect the set of wires from each original battery connector to a motor.

This is fairly easy to do. Sometimes it is nessasary to add some wire to the motors for more length.

The high speed lock out (plug type) will not work after this mod is performed.

UPDATE......If you find that only one wheel spins in low speed and reverse it may be nessasary to make few changes to the harness (circled in red) On the older models this change is not needed, it's already done.

Harness Flip R2.png
Thanks to jparthum for the diagram
Last edited by taz11 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Taz I think this is exactly what I need to do. I bought a 12 volt battery on accident and cannot return it. I want to mod my Harley Cruiser which uses two 6 volts and has the same high, low, forward, and reverse like in your diagram. I want to mod it to use the 12 volt I have. I guess my question is do I just eliminate the connector that is currently there and somehow hook it up directly to the battery and if so is there a recommended method?
cadis12 wrote:Taz I think this is exactly what I need to do. I bought a 12 volt battery on accident and cannot return it. I want to mod my Harley Cruiser which uses two 6 volts and has the same high, low, forward, and reverse like in your diagram. I want to mod it to use the 12 volt I have. I guess my question is do I just eliminate the connector that is currently there and somehow hook it up directly to the battery and if so is there a recommended method?

Cadis - like I mentioned in your other post, there are two versions of the dual six volt harness. Look at your battery connectors. Do you have four wires that go from the connectors into the vehicle or are there just two wires with a jumper wire between the connectors?

The diagram above is for a four wire, dual six volt system. If that is what you have, then this diagram is exactly what you need. But if you have a connector with a jumper between the two, again, like I said before, all you need to do is cut the connector off and splice on a male 12v connector which you can place a wanted ad in these forums or see if mltoyz.com has any for purchase.
I'm back and first let me apologize for jumping the gun originally and not reading the faq's. I panicked when I discovered I bought the wrong battery and should have have relaxed and read the forums first. It's a forum cardinal sin and I should have know better.

Anyway I do have a dual six volt system. I ordered a 12 v connector and did the wire harness flip. Everything went well except for some reason the low speed only one wheel spins. Otherwise everything works great! Any idea on why only one wheel spins on the low speed?

Thanks guys! Awesome forum! Can't wait to try to upgrade to 18 volts down the road.
Hey Cadis12... I had the same problem... (see my topic here)I had to modify the diagram (as shown below) to get it to work. I emailed jparthum and it looks like others have had the issue as well.

Basically, (1) a second "cross-over jumper" is needed on the F/R switch (dark blue line that I added) and (2) the line that goes from the bottom of the F/R switch to the H/L switch (light blue in old diagram, missing in mine) should not be there. See my modified diagram below.
untitled.jpg
Mod'd wiring to bet both wheels to run in reverse

As an added bonus, you get high and low speeds in forward and reverse.

Let me know if this works for you, too... It should.
Yes, domeyjj is correct. The one I did originally was set up that way. The older MF jeeps can be simply "flipped" . Some of the newer dual 6 models require the changes mentioned above in domeyjj's post. I guess it depends on the model. We will be updating the FAQ as soon as life slows down. :oops:
There is a metal tab on the terminal that you can depress with a pick or small screw driver. It is not totally nessasary. You can take the wire that is getting removed and just splice it into the other wire. I show a pic shortly to help clarify what I am trying to say.

This is how to connect it without disturbing the factory ends.
harness flip R2.2.png
Last edited by taz11 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Actually, that is what I ended up doing as well, since I already had the rest of the wires complete by the time I figured that out. :D
I'm happy to be able to give back! This forum, and the people on it, has helped me ... so. I get to return the favor. :D

The stock 6v battery for those little quads has th[…]

Can't access FAQ's

I just went to the homepage and navigated through […]

Just bought two decal sets. Decals look good. T[…]

Chinese 6v single motor

Did I post this in the wrong section for not getti[…]

HobbyMasters