KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electrical, Battery & Switch help
This topic is for basic lil quad mods.

First how to add a second battery for 12 volts

This is how to splice in a battery on the battery side

This is how to splice in second battery on the vehicle side.

How to add a reverse switch
201073214211_revese-lil-quad.jpg

Stock wiring for reference
Last edited by taz11 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By blake711
If someone has photos will you please add the Bolt through the handlebar fix.
By 4daKids
Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

By Kstorm21
4daKids wrote:Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I was going to do the bolt thing but didn't have the right size. So I just put 2 washers in it with a smaller bolt and it's SSSOOOOOOO much better! I had already drilled out the hole for the bolt so I couldn't use the screw. What's the steering mod?
Motors Bad?

at 12.2 volts it acted like the battery was dead

New Side Project

admin could you delete this post plz. this was old[…]

Fire Rescue Jeep Major Overhaul!

Hello All! Im Back, with a new project. With your[…]

Do you think it would have been possible to keep t[…]

HobbyMasters