KidsWheels
HobbyMasters
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electrical, Battery & Switch help
This topic is for basic lil quad mods.

First how to add a second battery for 12 volts

This is how to splice in a battery on the battery side

This is how to splice in second battery on the vehicle side.

How to add a reverse switch
201073214211_revese-lil-quad.jpg

Stock wiring for reference
Last edited by taz11 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By blake711
If someone has photos will you please add the Bolt through the handlebar fix.
By 4daKids
Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

By Kstorm21
4daKids wrote:Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I was going to do the bolt thing but didn't have the right size. So I just put 2 washers in it with a smaller bolt and it's SSSOOOOOOO much better! I had already drilled out the hole for the bolt so I couldn't use the screw. What's the steering mod?

276209667761241561.jpg 148475895872779143.jpg […]

Sorry for the long post. I've upgraded my sons hu[…]

WTB Mustang Parts

Wheels would probably be best new, from hobbymaste[…]

Mustang Parts

It's looking doubtful, he's been off since 2 weeks[…]

HobbyMasters