Kids Wheels specializes in Peg Perego and Power Wheels Parts and Machines

Return to Electrical & Battery FAQ's

Lil Quad Mod Faq (also works w/Get Set Go cart & lil Harley)

Electrical, Battery & Switch help

Lil Quad Mod Faq (also works w/Get Set Go cart & lil Harley)

Postby blake711 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm

This topic is for basic lil quad mods.

First how to add a second battery for 12 volts

This is how to splice in a battery on the battery side

This is how to splice in second battery on the vehicle side.

How to add a reverse switch
201073214211_revese-lil-quad.jpg

Stock wiring for reference
Last edited by taz11 on Wed May 04, 2011 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
complexity is the enemy of reliability
blake711
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Re: Lil Quad Mod Faq

Postby blake711 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 pm

If someone has photos will you please add the Bolt through the handlebar fix.
complexity is the enemy of reliability
blake711
Sgt. Gear Grinder

Postby GSEric69 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:06 pm

This wasn't on a Lil Quad, but this is how I put a screw through the T handle on my Ninja Quads. It should be similar for the Lil Quads.
Ninja8.jpg
GSEric69

Location: Red Lion, PA ******** Moderator (6315 Archived Posts)

Postby 4daKids » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:53 am

Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

4daKids
Switch Cleaner

Postby Kstorm21 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

4daKids wrote:Here's what I did instead of the bolt through mod:

I have a new KFX Kawasaki lil quad that I was going to do the bolt through the handlebar mod I seen on here. When I took it apart to do the mod, I noticed the slop was because the flat part at the end of the steering rod wasn't as thick as the space there. I found a washer and ground it down some to fit the void without being overly thick. I put it back together and it works great. This is easier than doing the bolt mod I believe, but I don't know if my way will last over the long haul like the bolt probably will. We'll see I guess, but it seems rock solid now.

I also trimmed the steering stops as I saw mentioned too. I noticed after the fact though that the steering wasn't even touching the stock stops so trimming them was a waste of time, at least on my quad. I was hoping to get more left/right travel in the steering but it seems the geometry of everything else prevents it from traveling any more.

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I was going to do the bolt thing but didn't have the right size. So I just put 2 washers in it with a smaller bolt and it's SSSOOOOOOO much better! I had already drilled out the hole for the bolt so I couldn't use the screw. What's the steering mod?
Kstorm21
Lt. Melted Switch

Return to Electrical & Battery FAQ's