Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Help with your Paint & Body Modifications
So I ordered a couple replacement Peg Perego John Deere HPX Gator windshields. First they had the "original" gator windshields which were the tall clear plexiglass windshields with the black rubber trim. Then the HPX Gators came out and they redesigned the windshields to be shorter, still with clear plastic and black rubber trim. We've been buying these HPX windshields for a few years now.

I got my new HPX Gator windshields in the mail and to my surprise, no more black rubber trim! WTH? I re-checked the parts dealer site and they did have a footnote. Apparently Peg Perego went cheapo and aren't including the black rubber trim anymore. The dealer footnote stated that the trim was no longer included, but not needed either...?

Clearly I need trim on these. Here's a comparison of the previous replacement HPX windshield (top) with the new replacement (bottom):
IMG_9685.JPG
IMG_9685.JPG (135.32 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
So I went down to the autoparts store and picked up some gloss black rubber door trim. It's even self adhesive.
IMG_9687.JPG
IMG_9687.JPG (149.69 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Next I just started at one bottom edge of the windshield and pushed it on running it all the way to the other side.
IMG_9688.JPG
IMG_9688.JPG (144.25 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
When you get to the end, just cut off the extra.
IMG_9689.JPG
IMG_9689.JPG (178.99 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Less than 1 minute to add black rubber trim to your new Gator HPX windshield!
IMG_9690.JPG
IMG_9690.JPG (126.42 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Last edited by SigEp on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Here!

Thanks but I only have 1 battery

Peg Perego Magica parts

Bumper,both motors,gas pedal,rear shocks, I'm camp[…]

A good cleaning of the connections wouldn't hurt a[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course