HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Help with your Paint & Body Modifications
By SigEp
I have a Safety 1st Racing Corvette which was missing one of it's mirrors. It had the housing, but the actual mirror was missing. Here's how I just replaced it:

I started with one mirror housing, no mirror...
Mirror1.jpg
Mirror1.jpg (97.27 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
I used a product called "Fix A Mirror" by CarGo. It retails for about $10 and I would say it's good for at least 6 BPRO mirrors. I found a seller on eBay selling 6 of them for $20. What can I say, I can't pass up on a good deal...
Mirror2.jpg
Mirror2.jpg (98.99 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
To fix, you'll need the Fix A Mirror, scissors, a pencil, and a heat gun.
Mirror3.jpg
Mirror3.jpg (94.59 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Flip your mirror over and trace it on the Fix A Mirror with your pencil. Note: there are two sides to the fix a mirror, a shiny side and a dull side. The shiny side is the side you will see (it's covered by a thin peel off protector). The dull side is the side you will hot glue down.
Mirror4.jpg
Mirror4.jpg (89.75 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Next, cut out your mirror with the scissors. Cut about 1/8th" inside your pencil mark. Once cut out, size it up on the mirror housing. You will probably need to shave a little more off here and there till it fits.
Mirror5.jpg
Mirror5.jpg (70.9 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Last, hot glue the mirror down into the housing. Give it a few minutes to dry, then peel off the protector and you're done!
Mirror6.jpg
Mirror6.jpg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
Last edited by SigEp on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

By witz07
Nice fix. I might have to fab up some mirrors just to try it out.
By mamaISbak
Excellent post! I have been looking for something like this for a while now. I have 20+ mirrors from Vettes that are missing the mirror insert, now I can get 'em outta here finally. Yeah! :D :D :D
By SigEp
Just be sure you know which side is which. My first attempt, I assumed the dull side must be the good side with protective film over it, so I cut it out backwards... Second time was a charm though!
By Keith#450
...Awesome.

I just bought a used power wheels dune buggy thing[…]

Looking through options for fixing up a Lil F150,[…]

3B Gearbox on 12v?

So guys what about a 12V to 6V step down converter[…]

Repair Question

You can connect a 12v battery straight to the tab[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course