KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By Saraharl
I guess I have enough to start a finds list now. Here are my most recent ones..

2 rally carts for $80 (is that a good price? I'm going to pick them up this weekend, the look in great condition)
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.36 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

And this 12v CAT dump truck with working battery and charger for $85, picking it up this week
image.jpg
image.jpg (89.64 KiB) Viewed 4306 times

Are these good prices? Or should I negotiate them down some more?

great deal on the driveway racers! the dump truck looks pretty clean
do they have 2 drive wheels? I assume they dont keep good enough contact with the ground for good traction?
By Saraharl
Yeah it is 2 wheel drive. I guess I should get one of the John deeres instead. Any suggestions between the backhoe and front end loader?

Hum, I wonder if I could turn the dump truck into a track vehicle ;-) maybe a tank? That would be cool anyone know how the gear boxes hold up on these things?
Last edited by Saraharl on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Saraharl
Well, my hubby vetoed the tank idea so I have scratched the CAT. But I have landed 2 more that I will try to have done for Christmas ...

Got it for $15 w/o battery, planning on making it a UT jeep, make that $10!
image.jpg
Jeep
image.jpg (49.8 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
Got this one for $35 with charger and dead battery
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.48 KiB) Viewed 4251 times
Last edited by Saraharl on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Saraharl
Yep, scheduled to pick them up on Sunday, when the seller will be home. I can't wait! My husband thinks I'm crazy, oh well :D Hopefully he will feel differently after these flips. Just bought 4 batteries, 12v 12ah, from ecomelectronics for $20.30 each so I will be ready!
By Saraharl
So for my 1st real flip...
This.
image.jpg
Quad
image.jpg (259.69 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
Now looks like this ...
image.jpg
Ag1
image.jpg (148.42 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
image.jpg
Ag3
image.jpg (198.86 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
image.jpg
Ag2
image.jpg (178.08 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
Not bad for $35 + some paint and time :)
By Saraharl
Here are a few new ones I just picked up
image.jpg
image.jpg (147.28 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
$20 with bad battery and charger - already sold w/ custom paint
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.42 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
$55 for the pair :D with 2 batteries and 2 chargers, one may even be good, the sportsman is already sold
Edit: both batteries work!
Last edited by Saraharl on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the sportsman looks a little sun baked but you still got a good deal in my opinion :D
By Saraharl
bruces_eviltwin wrote:the sportsman looks a little sun baked but you still got a good deal in my opinion :D
Yeah I'm pretty excited, it doesn't look as bad in person as it does on the pics, it is getting the Aggie theme to by request Hope to get the xtreme machine and sportsman broken down for paint this weekend. Have 5 days off work, got to do something with them right ;)
Nice work...off to a great start with the hobby!
By Saraharl
Just picked up this Hurricane for $75. Battery is toast but it came with he charger and manual. They even put new tires on it last Christmas and saved the old front wheels which are totally serviceable. Obviously i will be keeping this one;-) i dont think my son is going to part with it! I need a power wheels garage...
100MEDIA36IMAG0147.jpg
100MEDIA36IMAG0147.jpg (400.2 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
I was thinking of doing a flag theme for this on for the 4th of July parade but i think i will leave it as is right now and let my son pick out a theme after he turns 3
Last edited by Saraharl on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Hurricane!
By Saraharl
So I picked these 2 up yesterday for $25 total. The gator is rough but runs great and will be perfect to leave out at the farm. Plan on harvesting the controller and motor from the pocket mod to use on the Hurricane when my son gets a lit older and I put rubber tires on it :D my husband says they are both trash but he has said that about every ride I have brought home except the hurricane
image.jpg
It doesn't look as bad in person I swear!
image.jpg (169.62 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (147.34 KiB) Viewed 3937 times
These are the picks the seller listed. He also said he has about 4 more out on his property that he will send me picks of when he goes out this weekend.
Last edited by Saraharl on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Whitepup
The wheels on the gator alone are worth twice the amount you spent for both of those rides. WTG!

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course