KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By taz11
During this whole event I had visions Of the SPCA commercials about rescuing dogs from trash piles....sooo.... Click on the video below to set the mood before reading on......(background music) :lol: :roll: couldn't resist :roll:

WARNING.... What you are about to see may be disturbing...Discretion is advised :cry: :cry: :cry:

I should have filmed the whole thing, could have made a cool SPCA spoof out of it.......hindsight ;) :lol:

So, Yesterday, I was leaving one of our vendors lots. While I sat at the stop sign I was looking at the house across the street. This house has been run down and abandoned for years. It caught my attention because now there was a chain link fence around the yard and heavy equipment parked inside. All of the "yard debris" had been bulldozed into a pile at the edge of the yard. It was obviously being set for demolishion/renovation. Then I saw it.... :shock: :o :shock: :o :cry: :cry: :evil:

Near the bottom of this pile....was it ??? No... A plastic windshield sticking up :shock:

I strained to see and as my eyes started to focus it all came into perspective......A GAUCHO...NOOOOOOOOOO!

Locked inside the fence, in an area that I would rather not be in, I had to let it go......I had no other reasonable choice.

All the way back to the shop I argued with myself..." its gone.....No, It's dead...No its a Gaucho, I can't save it, Dammit you've got to do something" :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Well, by the time I got back My mind was made up....I got on the phone to our vendor and asked one of the guys to walk out to the corner and grab me the phone number off the sign on the chain link.

Shortly before 6 PM I recieved a text with the #. I quickly called it and started explaining the situation. At first the tone of the guy that answered was telling me this was a mistake. But after a few minutes the guy on the other end of the phone left me with "Just go in and get it...and close up the gate when you are done. .....Oh, and watch the bees" :? :o :D (I think he was laughing at me)

At 6 AM this morning I pulled up in front of the gate. There are no words to describe the horror I experienced..... :roll: :roll:

My god.... The poor thing. Jammed into a pile by a skid loader and left to die.

IMG_20140815_065033_420.jpg

The rescue was a success.

IMG_20140815_071317_762.jpg

IMG_20140815_071338_294.jpg

Sadly it will need to be put down :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: It's spirit will live on in the lives of the vehicles it saves with its organ donations.

Don't let people treat BPROs this way. The fight is yours. If you can save just one, it was worth the effort.

:roll: :P

a-hemmm.....and NO, I do not have a problem :evil: :roll:
Last edited by taz11 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By hkayssi
WOW, that is some real neglect!
But out of tragedy there's hope for others: I see good set of tires, good gear boxes probably, the convertible cover, the front and rear bumpers, the glove box cover, the steering wheel the tool box tray & the mirror

And the parts I need, the net, the roll bar light, the spark plug wires and the ashtray. DIBS :D

did you get a chance to take a pic of the Vette's radio yet?
Last edited by hkayssi on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SigEp
hkayssi wrote:WOW, that is some real neglect!
But out of tragedy there's hope for others: I see good set of tires, good gear boxes probably, the convertible cover, the front and rear bumpers, the glove box cover, the steering wheel the tool box tray & the mirror

And the parts I need, the net, the roll bar light, the spark plug wires and the ashtray. DIBS :D

Dang hkayssi, how many Gauchos do you have? I've seen you buy no less than 3 sets of roll bar lights in the past week, and now another? :lol: :lol:

2nd dibs on those roll bar lights if they're not crumbly. :?
By hkayssi
SigEp wrote:
hkayssi wrote:WOW, that is some real neglect!

Dang hkayssi, how many Gauchos do you have? I've seen you buy no less than 3 sets of roll bar lights in the past week, and now another? :lol: :lol:

2nd dibs on those roll bar lights if they're not crumbly. :?

8 Gauchos :D 8-)

Some are missing a few parts :)

I still need a couple of tool boxes and second set of hood pins, 2 more ashtrays and 2 nets if you anybody who has some :)

I need 2 sets of rear tires too but those will cost too much to ship to Canada.
By taz11
Did your arm hair stand up and water mysteriously appeared on your cheeks too? :P :lol:

Its the sound track, only half as heart wrenching without it. :lol: :roll:

SNIFF.....
By taz11
Do you believe in fate? I drove past this house again the other day. The trash pile was gone......and so was the sign with the phone number....?

oooooooooo....creepy :roll:

If your sole purpose for the charger is charging […]

Pre-Christmas bumb for any interested party

Razor Crazy Cart 1000W

I have a Gen 5 and it's a riot. Has a bad death wo[…]

Bravo Sports 24v Grave Digger

I searched over 15 different stores and could not[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course