KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By jawarren77
Picked up a fairly new Dune Racer off of CL yesterday for $20. Only problem is that I think the gears for reverse are stripped. When in reverse it doesn't spin with any weight on the wheels, but when you lift the wheels up they spin.
By hkayssi
jawarren77 wrote:Picked up a fairly new Dune Racer off of CL yesterday for $20. Only problem is that I think the gears for reverse are stripped. When in reverse it doesn't spin with any weight on the wheels, but when you lift the wheels up they spin.

If it works properly in the Forward position without grinding and clicking, and if you don't hear the motors spinning and grinding in reverse, the problem would be a bad contact inside the Forward / Reverse switch and all you have to do is open it up and clean the contact then reassemble or just replace if you don't feel comfortable doing that.
Last edited by hkayssi on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jawarren77
took the shifter off, unplugged harness from switches and put it back together and all is working as it should. Best $20 I have spent! Now I just need to figure out how to tighten the turning radius.
By jawarren77
Found out why the gears were slipping. It was the wheel/gearbox wasn't tight and the wheel was pulling away from the gearbox/hub. Drilled a hole in the alxle and put in a cotter pin, problem solved. Best $20 I have spent.
First gen Bigfoot project

Set screw collars from hardware store to hold whee[…]

Thanks. Was more curious on fair asking price, no[…]

Nice!! Bonus points for the custom badges!

You should use a 6V 12AH battery (not 6ah). The c[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course