KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By nepbug
I'm pretty excited that I picked up a 1990 Bigfoot today. I didn't score it for free or anything, but I feel like it was worth it.

I swapped in two 6V 13ah batteries (UB 13-6) I had in the garage (lucked out that they were the exact same size as the originals) and everything is working on it. All I need to do is get some replacement tubes for the rear of the roll bar.

Now I'll be on the lookout for a pair of 3A gearboxes and motors to make it 4WD.
By toycrusher
Wow! That is as clean as they come. Super jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By The Eagle
I've passed on two of those...and I totally regret it. One was cheap, one wasn't. Both decent condition. Both times the oldest daughter said it, "wasn't cool enough." Both of them love the Grave Digger, which I bought without their "permission" ... so WTF?
By nepbug
toycrusher wrote:Wow! That is as clean as they come. Super jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah, there's a little sun fade and wrinkling of decals, but pretty good for 25 years old.

The Eagle wrote:I've passed on two of those...and I totally regret it. One was cheap, one wasn't. Both decent condition. Both times the oldest daughter said it, "wasn't cool enough." Both of them love the Grave Digger, which I bought without their "permission" ... so WTF?

You have better will power than me, i couldn't pass this up. I drove 2.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

So, in doing some research on this I've come to realize that there was a recall on them in 1998. Knowing that I bought it from the original owner and it was in storage by then, this recall hasn't been done yet. I will contact one of the local "service centers" and see what my options are. Maybe I'll get new wiring out of it.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/1999/CPS ... -Vehicles/

By nepbug
I'm not sure how long I will actually end up keeping this one. I figure I might convert it to 4WD and then the kids can also romp around with it in the winter, but it only being a single-seater I don't know how long before I want to replace it with another dual-seater. I want to keep it to only 2 big ride-ons at any time, with the exception being if I find a Peg Perego Magica.

It's running well though, the neighborhood kids and my son put it through it's paces today and it just kept chugging along.
First gen Bigfoot project

Set screw collars from hardware store to hold whee[…]

Thanks. Was more curious on fair asking price, no[…]

Nice!! Bonus points for the custom badges!

You should use a 6V 12AH battery (not 6ah). The c[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course