KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By nepbug
I'm pretty excited that I picked up a 1990 Bigfoot today. I didn't score it for free or anything, but I feel like it was worth it.

I swapped in two 6V 13ah batteries (UB 13-6) I had in the garage (lucked out that they were the exact same size as the originals) and everything is working on it. All I need to do is get some replacement tubes for the rear of the roll bar.

Now I'll be on the lookout for a pair of 3A gearboxes and motors to make it 4WD.
By toycrusher
Wow! That is as clean as they come. Super jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By The Eagle
I've passed on two of those...and I totally regret it. One was cheap, one wasn't. Both decent condition. Both times the oldest daughter said it, "wasn't cool enough." Both of them love the Grave Digger, which I bought without their "permission" ... so WTF?
By nepbug
toycrusher wrote:Wow! That is as clean as they come. Super jealous! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah, there's a little sun fade and wrinkling of decals, but pretty good for 25 years old.

The Eagle wrote:I've passed on two of those...and I totally regret it. One was cheap, one wasn't. Both decent condition. Both times the oldest daughter said it, "wasn't cool enough." Both of them love the Grave Digger, which I bought without their "permission" ... so WTF?

You have better will power than me, i couldn't pass this up. I drove 2.5 hours round trip to pick it up.

So, in doing some research on this I've come to realize that there was a recall on them in 1998. Knowing that I bought it from the original owner and it was in storage by then, this recall hasn't been done yet. I will contact one of the local "service centers" and see what my options are. Maybe I'll get new wiring out of it.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/1999/CPS ... -Vehicles/

By nepbug
I'm not sure how long I will actually end up keeping this one. I figure I might convert it to 4WD and then the kids can also romp around with it in the winter, but it only being a single-seater I don't know how long before I want to replace it with another dual-seater. I want to keep it to only 2 big ride-ons at any time, with the exception being if I find a Peg Perego Magica.

It's running well though, the neighborhood kids and my son put it through it's paces today and it just kept chugging along.

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course