KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By chozian

2011-03-17
24V Schwinn S500, 24V Razor Pocket Mod Bistro, 2 12V 10A batteries, 24V 4A Wheelchair charger for $50 from a picker

I got the Razor Pocket Mod fully working. I plan on modding it for 36V.

The brakes are useless and the throttle is messed up on the Schwinn. My replacement parts from TNC Scooters should be here later today.

Last edited by chozian on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By chozian

2011-03-25
12V PW Super Shock with dead 12V PW battery and 12V Dumar Raptor for free from Scoutman

Neither were working when I first got them.

The Super Shock started working great after I cleaned up the massive corrosion buildup on the foot pedal and rewired it! My son really likes this one a lot.

I cleaned the switches on the Raptor and now it works fine. The Raptor is SUPER chalky! My wife thought it was gray to start with.

Last edited by chozian on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By chozian

2011-03-28
Red 12V PW Mustang with battery

I got this from a craigslister this evening for $40 with a 12V PW battery. I'm not sure whether or not the battery is going to come back to life. It was reading a little under 11V before I started charging it. I plan on flipping this one. It is in great shape and has very little tire wear. Here are some pics of it.

Last edited by chozian on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Maximus
That mustang is in great shape. Great score!
By chozian

2011-03-29
12V PW Silverado and 12V Safety 1st Corvette trash finds

A neighbor emailed me through craigslist to let me know that he had 2 Power Wheels available to give me for free. He told me to get them out of his back yard if he wasn't home. I dug them out of a huge trash pile in the center of his backyard. I'm not sure that there is anything usable on the vette, but there are some parts I can pull from the Silverado.

Here are a few pics of these beauties. :P

Last edited by chozian on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By taz11
Talk about "PARTS" finds. Make sure you save those silverado wheels. Those are getting hard to find.
By mkvien
Yea, I am in need of one replacement black Silverado wheel for my kid's rig. If you are interested in selling me one, what would it run with shipping to MN?

Thanks.
By chozian
mkvien wrote:Yea, I am in need of one replacement black Silverado wheel for my kid's rig. If you are interested in selling me one, what would it run with shipping to MN?

Thanks.

mkvien, let's continue the transaction details for the Silverado wheel in the new thread I created at http://forum.modifiedpowerwheels.com/viewtopic.php?uid=85&f=29&t=1762. Thanks!
Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chozian

2011/04/03
12V Peg John Deere Worksite Gator w/ bad battery and 12V PW Barbie Cruisin' Tunes Jeep Trash Finds

This weekend I gutted the red Safety 1st Corvette and Silverado, and placed their bodies out by the road. I was glad to be down 2 vehicles. On our drive home yesterday, my wife spotted 2 vehicles each in different trash piles. I'm so proud of her! :D

This is my 7th Gator. I believe this Gator just needs its switches cleaned and a good battery to run again. The tires are in great shape. It appears to be a really old model because at first glance the gearboxes look different than the ones I've seen on others.

The Barbie Jeep was completely trashed. I think someone must have pulled it from a 4 wheeler or truck. The gearboxes look like they had exploded. They were broke in half and a majority of each of the gearbox bodies were freely sitting under the seat. Has anyone seen gearboxes torn up this bad before? I'll gut this one for a few parts.

Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
By chozian
chozian wrote:
2011-03-28
Red 12V PW Mustang with battery

The battery that came with this Mustang was just fine after I charged it. I had 2 kids riding in it for at least 45 minutes with no problems. Even after that, the battery was still reporting around 12.5V.

I sold this Mustang today with battery and a 12V PW Quick Charger for $150. Considering that I spent only $10 on the quick charger, I made a $100 profit for doing nothing to this one. :D
Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By taz11
HOLEY CRAP! I've blasted many gearboxes before......Nothing close to that!
By chozian
chozian wrote:
2011-03-25
12V PW Super Shock with dead 12V PW battery and 12V Dumar Raptor for free from Scoutman

Here is my son on the 12V Power Wheels Kawasaki Super Shock dirt bike that we got for free. It is one of his favorites.

Here is my daughter on the super chalky 12V Dumar Yamaha Raptor quad that we got for free. She really enjoys it.

By QBee
I agree with you that the Super Shock seems to be faster than the normal stock speeds. I purchased one that was already modified to 18V and that thing will go! Still, there's nothing like free and I hope to pick one up for free too!
By chozian
Kstorm21 wrote:Nice videos...how old is Eden? My daughter, she turned 2 in Feb, doesn't seem to interested in riding after a few minutes. I'm worried she won't become interested after awhile and all the collecting will be pointless.

Eden turned 2 in December. My son is definitely more interested in driving than my daughter. She prefers to look around and pick things up on the way.
By chozian
dozer wrote:Love the super shock too. but it has no ground clearance. The harleys have more ground clearance.

We've had a couple Harleys. I really like them a lot. I still have one that I upgraded to 18V that I ride. But with my son on it and at the stock 12V, it will barely go through the grass. The Super Shock at stock voltage goes through the grass fairly well.
Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chozian

2011/04/15
24V Razor E100 Scooter

I received an email early last week from a craigslister stating that he had a Razor E100 that was not working that he would like to offer to me for free. I told him I would take it. He dropped it off to me on Friday. The batteries were completely dead. After I got home, I was able to determine that the scooter controller in it was also shot. Then I had the idea that I could rewire the scooter myself without the need of the scooter controller. I'll create a separate post to document that.

Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By chozian
dozer wrote:Just incase you didn't know those only work with a rolling start.

Thanks. I had read that before I started messing with it. I may have been able to fix the scooter controller if I attempted to clean it up a bit. There is a lot of corrosion and mold on the back side of the circuit board. Though, I preferred to rewire the scooter without the controller. I didn't want to have a rolling start requirement. :P
Last edited by chozian on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By chozian

2011/04/23
24V Currie Lightning FS, 24V Schwinn S400, gas powered scooter, 2 24V 12Ah battery packs, 2 36V inline chargers, and battery case for 2 12V 10Ah SLA's

I got an amazing deal off of craigslist yesterday for only $50 total. It was about a 1 hour 15 minute round trip to get them. The 2 electric scooters work great.

I think the Currie Lightning FS looks amazing. I'm not sure how many watts the motor is, but it feels like it is around 250W. I know it is brushless, sealed, and the controller is builtin. I thought it was weird when I couldn't find a controller anywhere under the deck. The scooter is dust and weather resistant. You can hose it off without a problem. It has front and rear suspension which gives a smooth ride. The brakes on the Currie may need to be replaced because they don't work so well. Even though it doesn't have a seat, I can easily sit on the back of the deck and hold the handlebars. It is surprisingly comfortable. I prefer it over having a small seat wedged in my crack. :P

The Schwinn S400 has front disk brakes which work awesome in comparison to my other scooters. It has a brushed 400 watt motor. I really like the super wide tires on it too.

I can't get the gas powered scooter to start and probably won't mess with it. I may end up selling it to someone local for $10 or so.

All 4 of the 12V 12Ah batteries appear to be shot. One of them may come back to life though.

I threw away one of the battery cases for the 24V 12Ah battery packs because it was tearing apart. The others are good.

I am now using the battery case for the 2 12V 10Ah SLA's in my Schwinn's. It's much nicer than just setting them in there without a case.

The 2 36V inline chargers seem to work. They are both the same model, but one is marked as being 48V while the other is marked as 36V. I think the labeled was not marked correctly because both put out the same voltage. The amount of voltage is what you would expect from a 36V charger. If I remember correctly, it was around 41.2V.

Here are the pics! :D :D :D

By GoFaster
Great haul Chozian. I have one of those Lightning FS it is a nice scooter. that motor is 300watt but it pulls my 200lbs around pretty well. i've had it on gravel roads and on dirt and grass.And the suspension is great. I want a seat version, but i've rode mine seated on the rear deck too sometimes, holding on the bars like apehangers on a chopper :lol:
And BTW I hope that drive wasn't south, because you'd be getting a little to close to my craigslist territory :evil:
By chozian
GoFaster wrote:Great haul Chozian. I have one of those Lightning FS it is a nice scooter. that motor is 300watt but it pulls my 200lbs around pretty well. i've had it on gravel roads and on dirt and grass.And the suspension is great. I want a seat version, but i've rode mine seated on the rear deck too sometimes, holding on the bars like apehangers on a chopper :lol:
And BTW I hope that drive wasn't south, because you'd be getting a little to close to my craigslist territory :evil:

Thanks!

The guy I got these from responded to my want ad on the Huntsville craigslist. He lives in Boaz, AL. We met in Hampton Cove (Owens Crossroads), AL.
By chozian
chozian wrote:
2011/04/23
24V Currie Lightning FS, 24V Schwinn S400, gas powered scooter, 2 24V 12Ah battery packs, 2 36V inline chargers, and battery case for 2 12V 10Ah SLA's

I sold the gas powered scooter to a co-worker for $10 today.
By chozian

2011/05/06
12V PW Grave Digger with missing wheel, Super 6 PW Barbie Trail Rider with missing seat, 12V Monster Sound Bigfoot (96/97 model), and Lil Quad

I got 4 vehicles today through a want ad that I had listed on eBay Classifieds. It FINALLY paid off. :lol: I got each of them for $6.25. So, the whole haul cost me only $25. They were delivered to me. The person who I got them from said that if I am willing to drive to their place, I can have the rest of their vehicles and batteries for free. They have a ton because a relative used to own a large flea market. They said there are at least 5 more vehicles, but probably more, and a ton of batteries. I'd bet all of the batteries are bad, but I'll take them for the connectors. Their place is about 35 minutes away from my house. So, it won't be that bad of a drive when I go to get the others. I didn't have time to take pics of the vehicles myself. Here are the 3 pics that the seller sent to me. I'll post my own pics when I get a chance.

By jparthum
WOW, great score Chris! :shock:

Is that your first GD? 8-)

Are the Monster Sounds 12V or Super-6? :?

BTW: I had a similar experience with my ad - people from 100 miles away with 6V quads calling for weeks, then one day ..."I've got a whole garage full (10 miles away) that you can have". I think it ended up being around 65 vehicles. :o
Last edited by jparthum on Fri May 06, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sea_stork
Awesome score, don't you love it when that happens? :D
By chozian
jparthum wrote:WOW, great score Chris! :shock:

Is that your first GD? 8-)

Are the Monster Sounds 12V or Super-6? :?

BTW: I had a similar experience with my ad - people from 100 miles away with 6V quads calling for weeks, then one day ..."I've got a whole garage full (10 miles away) that you can have". I think it ended up being around 65 vehicles. :o

Thanks!

This is my second Grave Digger.

This particular model Monster Sound Bigfoot is standard 12V. I believe there is a newer model Monster Sound Bigfoot that is Super 6.

Wow! 65 vehicles from a single haul ... that is insane! I like insane! :P :D ;)
By chozian
sea_stork wrote:Awesome score, don't you love it when that happens? :D

Yeah, it is quite amazing. I'm really interested in finding out what else is available for free from this person. Now I just need to find the time here soon to go out and check. I would go tomorrow, but I have a service project for tornado relief and need to fix some stuff around the house. Maybe I can squeeze it in. :P
Last edited by chozian on Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By chozian

2011/05/10
36V Schwinn Stealth 1000 Electric Scooter

I got this off of a craigslister today. He originally wanted $100, but I talked him down to $60. The deal was contingent on me getting it to work when we met. He told me that the batteries were bad, but other than that, everything should be good with the scooter. After I hooked up my 3 12V batteries in series to the scooter and flipped the switch in the on position, nothing happened. I told him that most likely the problem is in the controller. I asked him if he would take $40. He accepted! Shortly after he left, I continued messing around with it. I found that the inline fuse holder coming from the controller had a blown 40A fuse. I temporarily replaced this with a 30A fuse. I had the scooter next to my car and my car door was opened. After I flipped the on switch on the scooter, it immediately took off without me on it. It hit my car door, busted the speaker grill on the driver's door, and proceeded to climb its way over my door. I quickly flipped the switch in the off position. I checked myself to make sure I wasn't injured. :lol: Then I checked for damage to my car and any missing parts on the scooter. Other than the damage to the speaker grill on my car door (which I don't care about) and a lost screw that was already stripped out (also don't care about), nothing was damaged. I'm thinking the controller is bad, but it could be the throttle I suppose. I'll ask more about this on MES. Here is a pic of the scooter that I got. This pic was taken by the seller. I'll post a pic of my own as soon as I get a chance. I'm really excited about getting this working because it should climb hills really well with me and one of my kids on it.

Some other good news is that the battery pack that I got from the seller is reading 32V. So ... maybe they can come back to life! That would be awesome.

Last edited by chozian on Tue May 10, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By kastoo
Sheesh....with that mod you could use it like real scooter...within 2 or 3 blocks...

chozian wrote:
2011-03-17
24V Schwinn S500, 24V Razor Pocket Mod Bistro, 2 12V 10A batteries, 24V 4A Wheelchair charger for $50 from a picker

I got the Razor Pocket Mod fully working. I plan on modding it for 36V.

The brakes are useless and the throttle is messed up on the Schwinn. My replacement parts from TNC Scooters should be here later today.

By DennisDaMenace
Great score for $40 even with a bad controller. I have the the same exact scooter except mine has front disc brake and the tapered seat post. I chase the kids in their Power Wheels on this scooter.

I just read your post on the sister site: http://forum.modifiedelectricscooters.c ... ?f=3&t=658. Based on what you described (throttle disconnected, rear brake engaged but motor still spins at full speed) your controller is definitely bad. It appears that the output circuit is shorted preventing the brake circuit from killing power to the motor.

You'll be happy with this scooter once you fix it. I would flip the Schwinn S500.
By chozian
DennisDaMenace wrote:Great score for $40 even with a bad controller. I have the the same exact scooter except mine has front disc brake and the tapered seat post. I chase the kids in their Power Wheels on this scooter.

I just read your post on the sister site: http://forum.modifiedelectricscooters.c ... ?f=3&t=658. Based on what you described (throttle disconnected, rear brake engaged but motor still spins at full speed) your controller is definitely bad. It appears that the output circuit is shorted preventing the brake circuit from killing power to the motor.

You'll be happy with this scooter once you fix it. I would flip the Schwinn S500.

Thanks for the input.

Of the 3 12V batteries, it seems that 2 have come back to life. I still need to do a load test on them to make sure. Though, one of the batteries definitely has a bad cell. If the other 2 do fine on a load test, then I can use them on a 24V scooter. I'll probably buy new 8Ah batteries for this 36V scooter. Too bad the 12V 10Ah batteries are so much more expensive than the 8A batteries.

I think I'll run the Stealth 1000 stock and keep the S500 for future mods. I still really like the S500. One thing I prefer about the S500 over the Stealth 1000 is that it is chain driven. I'm not sure about the reliability of the gearbox on the Stealth 1000.
By chozian
chozian wrote:Of the 3 12V batteries, it seems that 2 have come back to life. I still need to do a load test on them to make sure. Though, one of the batteries definitely has a bad cell. If the other 2 do fine on a load test, then I can use them on a 24V scooter. I'll probably buy new 8Ah batteries for this 36V scooter. Too bad the 12V 10Ah batteries are so much more expensive than the 8A batteries.

I think I'll run the Stealth 1000 stock and keep the S500 for future mods. I still really like the S500. One thing I prefer about the S500 over the Stealth 1000 is that it is chain driven. I'm not sure about the reliability of the gearbox on the Stealth 1000.

Wow! The Schwinn Stealth 1000 is great! I got my replacement controller the other day. I used 3 12V 8Ah batteries that I already had to test drive it. It did amazing. I put each of my kids on it with me, one at a time, and it carried us around and up hills just fine. It didn't get bogged down at all. We had probably 250-260 lbs on it. The torque is amazing compared to the S400 and S500.
By chozian
dozer wrote:wow you've been busy.
curios where do the batteries go on the lightning

The deck is just high enough to accommodate 2 12V 10Ah batteries on their sides. Since the deck is extremely wide, the angle that I took those shots at makes the deck height look extremely thin. It's a tight fit though. The controller is integrated in the brushless motor housing.
Last edited by chozian on Sat May 21, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chozian
chozian wrote:
chozian wrote:
2011/04/18
12V PW Barbie Cruisin Tune Jeep

I added some missing parts to this vehicle. Here are a few pics.

I sold this one on craigslist today for $100 with a PW Quick Charger, aftermarket 12V 12Ah SLA, PW battery side connector, inline fuse holder, and 30A auto resetting circuit breaker. It was about a $38 profit. The girlie PW stuff is definitely harder to sell around here.

darn photobucket!! Anyone have a link to the GT[…]

Basically, I have a 12v Power wheel, stock, F-150 […]

I'll try switching out the motor with the first on[…]

Sent you a PM. Across the country but in search[…]

HobbyMasters