KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By flipper
Should be picking this up this afternoon, the car was listed for free w/ charger and battery with an unknown issue as to why it isn't running. The owner said I'm welcome to have it for free. I figure once I have it home my multimeter will tell me everything I need to know about why it currently isn't running. I have tried to find what brand or original model this one is from, it is obviously very dirty and discolored. I will be repainting it and probably running as far away from the cars theme as possible. I would very much like to make it a remote control car to let my daughter ride around in until she is old enough to operate her R34 pedal car. once she is able to operate it I thought it would be a fun play on things to make it a cop car to chase her "illegally imported" car. (I can go into more backstory if anyone isn't up on the automotive laws in this country and why that is such a big deal)

So with that in mind, I think the best course of action is to remove the stickers and paint the entire car black. Convert to 12V if not already, and add Led head lights with flashing modules to simulate police lights. I can paint the doors white and have a friend cut me some police (I.C.E) vinyl.

Well I'm on that I need to figure out the running issue. even if it is the battery, unless it is 12V I want to rewire it and make it function properly so I will need to find a shop manual. I'm also curious if anyone knows what the plate on the front is attached to? is that a hitch of some sort?

Anyways, i have also considered some expanding foam to make it look even less like the car's car and maybe something a bit more aggressive, but I have never ventured into that kind of work before. I guess with what this car costs, I can afford to experiment a bit.
Attachments
00C0C_kBnD4OduoCM_600x450.jpg
00T0T_MgsJ1kvzcv_600x450.jpg
00w0w_btJZbyY5nQH_600x450.jpg
00w0w_btJZbyY5nQH_600x450.jpg (22.99 KiB) Viewed 372 times
00505_d3Xb10NAkah_600x450.jpg
00505_d3Xb10NAkah_600x450.jpg (18.85 KiB) Viewed 372 times
00808_3RqZwDLWiuO_600x450.jpg
By toycrusher
There are many variations of that platform. Check my projects link for one example of how they can be modded. Bottom line, have fun!
By flipper

got it home. Seems the PO didn't provide the battery that "didn't work" or the charger. No matter, I picked up a 6V Eveready from the store today. It isn't ideal for driving it around and idk if really is enough enough power for a minute of run time, but it was $6 and will be enough to tell me the wiring is messed up. I picked up the connector and it is the same 2 Pin connector as a trailer hitch power/ground which I had spares of in my tool box. Will give me proper ends to touch to the battery to test if everything works well enough.

It wasn't too bad, but there are definitely a few […]

I bet you're right about the 9009F having a oil im[…]

Is this alternative similar to CJB Turbo Timer 4 b[…]

Powewheel stock batteries have a built-in self-res[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course