KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By ms1120
Everyone else has one so I guess I need to start one too. My goal is to get all of them free. Heres the first 2
Attachments
bigfootnew.jpg
bigfootnew.jpg (321.42 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
raptornew.jpg
raptornew.jpg (303.01 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
Last edited by ms1120 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

By sea_stork
Nice Bigfoot! I like free... :D
By ms1120
Picked these 4 up today all for free. The PW quad is a monster traction but the rear tires are toast.
Attachments
haulsjan07.jpg
haulsjan07.jpg (297.99 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
By aVWguy
that .. does kindof make it hard .... darn :(
trying to find one that atleast resembles my PWs when i was a kid to modify for me to drive now :lol:
all of them i find around here are apparently mega rare and should be worth over $200 no matter how many parts are missing or how little is left of the tires

lowest price i've seen for the one i REALLY want here was $150 for the plastic body .. that it
:roll:
Last edited by aVWguy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ms1120
If you bring your fifth point of contact to middle GA, I will be so impressed by your gesture, that, not only will I give it to you but, I will help you load it.
By ms1120
Smartypants. lol.
Yes they came from the same house. But there were two daughters. One the dads and one the moms from a previous marriage. They didnt treat the daughters the same and the one little girl was pushished by leaving her PW in the rain and weather while the other daughter got to ride. She had to watch the prefered daughter ride over and over for more than a year. Now both of the girls are too old to ride them and I got them.
By madmaxdecals
Glad to see you getting some good freebies...I wish I could find some freakin' freebies around here...I'm am going broke!
By aVWguy
i'm hunting freebies too ..
got some friends at the local dump i'll be asking to save them out for me too lol
hopeing by summer to have a good sized running fleet and an overstock of spares ..
and pws modded just for me
By madmaxdecals
aVWguy wrote:i'm hunting freebies too ..
got some friends at the local dump i'll be asking to save them out for me too lol
hopeing by summer to have a good sized running fleet and an overstock of spares ..
and pws modded just for me
Seriously? You just call up the folks and the dump and ask them to save em' for you...I need to make some new friends
By aVWguy
these are friends from highschool lol
they all know i'm nuts so they just say OK and set aside the toys i might want ewhen i ask

had a BIG collection of old (60s-80s) tonka and buddy-L toys at one point that i restored and sold lol
By madmaxdecals
aVWguy wrote:these are friends from highschool lol
they all know i'm nuts so they just say OK and set aside the toys i might want ewhen i ask

had a BIG collection of old (60s-80s) tonka and buddy-L toys at one point that i restored and sold lol
Niiice....
By ms1120
Am I being "threadjacked" lol. I have the local landfill put them to the side for me too. They dont care. As long as they are recycled.
By madmaxdecals
ms1120 wrote:Am I being "threadjacked" lol. I have the local landfill put them to the side for me too. They dont care. As long as they are recycled.
Sorry bout the threadjacking....m'bad. How did you go about asking the local landfill to hold them for you? I don't have friends at the dump like VW...so I was just curious...I know alot of them go to die around here and I just want to save the poor pw's... :D
By ms1120
I met with the head honcho who had to run it by the county manager. I did a cold call at his office and just layed it out there for him. Now they save everyone that comes through and if I dont want it, they shred it.
By madmaxdecals
ms1120 wrote:I met with the head honcho who had to run it by the county manager. I did a cold call at his office and just layed it out there for him. Now they save everyone that comes through and if I dont want it, they shred it.
Awesome...I am going to try it out with mine...see how it goes...thanks!
By ms1120
Got this today. It wasnt free but all I was paying for was the working take along tunes radio. So in my mind, I bought the radio and the jeep was free. It only came with 2 disks but it works and it's been kept in the garage. Only slightly scuffed up. Anyone looking for a Take Along Tunes Radio?
0129121550.jpg
0129121550.jpg (314.23 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
0129121823.jpg
0129121823.jpg (234.87 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
By ms1120
They attributed the VERY bad toe issue and the grill being missing to their daughter hitting the garage. She had outgrown it and when I saw her she had a limp so I dont know.
By madmaxdecals
Oh man...you almost paid for a PW this year....don't lose sight of your goal!!
By ms1120
I got this for free. Its been slow going lately. Ive been building and not looking but this one came to me. Luckily I have about 20 Jeep seats so it was an easy fix. They said it didnt run but with a new battery it was G2G.
blue wrangler.jpg
blue wrangler.jpg (299.55 KiB) Viewed 4285 times
By taz11
gwinnythepooh wrote:Looks nice. I always wonder how people
Lose parts... Like grill? It's not like they're easy to get off...

I have the solution to your riddle......I have seen it many times first hand. The front tube bumper gets used for a handle over and over. Eventually the screws pull out of the module. The full weight of the jeep comes crashing down on the upper screws to the grill and it rips the tabs off. The whole assembly comes off in an upwards motion ripping the hood open, breaking the tabs off the hood hinge on the side that the bumper was grabbed from.

You think I'm kidding don't you? I've seen it happen!...more than once. You cannot pick up a 80 pound jeep by a part that is held on by two screws, screwed into plastic! Use the fender openings to lift with! Public service anouncement over :? :roll: :lol: :lol:
By ms1120
taz11 wrote:
gwinnythepooh wrote:Looks nice. I always wonder how people
Lose parts... Like grill? It's not like they're easy to get off...

I have the solution to your riddle......I have seen it many times first hand. The front tube bumper gets used for a handle over and over. Eventually the screws pull out of the module. The full weight of the jeep comes crashing down on the upper screws to the grill and it rips the tabs off. The whole assembly comes off in an upwards motion ripping the hood open, breaking the tabs off the hood hinge on the side that the bumper was grabbed from.

You think I'm kidding don't you? I've seen it happen!...more than once. You cannot pick up a 80 pound jeep by a part that is held on by two screws, screwed into plastic! Use the fender openings to lift with! Public service anouncement over :? :roll: :lol: :lol:
Alrighty then....lol. Im with you though. At my house you will hear me yell "pick it up from the bottom" every single time a PW moves in or out of the garage
I am a complete freak, no one is allowed to touch pw's in my house but me, have to be lifted by the back... Or I turn into a super ninja. I have the kids pull them into the garage and then I offer valet service

Ok so howd the seat get lost? Lol
By ms1120
Got a FB msg yesterday for 2 PWs with batteries for $10 each. I know I was after free but good parts are good parts when they come available. She had sent me a msg 3 mos ago and wanted 50 each. I went today to see what was happening and there was this H2 and a Beach Ranger with everything (including the water can) and it all worked. Its faded but it works and isnt chalky. All I had room for was the h2 but she was paid 20 for the pair and I will be back tomorrow evening for the Barbie. Pics will follow p/u.
Attachments
hummer.jpg
Free H2
hummer.jpg (218.62 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
By madmaxdecals
20 for the two is not shabby at all...nice work
By Whitepup
Nice! WTG 1120!
By ms1120
Newly picked up today. All FREE!
Attachments
Hummerandjeep033012.jpg
Hummerandjeep033012.jpg (329.88 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
hurricane033012.jpg
A very disassembled Hurricane but complete
hurricane033012.jpg (287.41 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
yamahaandninja033012.jpg
yamahaandninja033012.jpg (236.93 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
By ms1120
Best I can figure (since the GBs were removed and opened) is that someone doesnt know about this site and opened it up to get to the GBs. Then when they realized that the output gear was trashed on both sides and the PW Service center wouldnt sell them any, they brought it to meet the shredder.
By ms1120
Well even though it was raining, I finally got the Beach Ranger home. Everything (sounds, lights, motors) works and it has THE CAN! Until today, I thought these cans were fictional.
Attachments
beachranger.jpg
beachranger.jpg (317.99 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
By Whitepup
Woohoo! WTG 1120!
By madmaxdecals
I kneel before the master of free pw's
By aVWguy
... oh .. thats what that silly thing is ... :?
had a couple of those little tanks that came in a box of toys ... gave them away not realizing they where powerwheels related ... :roll: :oops: oops ...
By ms1120
The Barricade Mustang project has been on hold because of the pitted Mustang body. The PW gods were shining on me today because I picked this freebie up about lunch time today
Attachments
bluemustang.jpg
bluemustang.jpg (105.97 KiB) Viewed 4119 times

Why should the kids have all the fun! Used this o[…]

All good. 8-) We're here to support each other an[…]

If both motors are working in high gear, look for […]

The replacement motor gearbox combo may not be sui[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course