KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By landon
So someone in my area is moving out of state and wanted to sell their PWs... got these for $15 each. Not bad, I figure. I'm going to show up this Friday with a battery to actually test them and pick 'em up. If the motors/GBs don't turn or make some f'd up noises, I'll try to knock it down to $10. Of course, the real test is whether I'll be able to squeeze both of them into my Saturn! :lol:

F150
I'm pretty sure this one's a super-6, it's got 2 motors and GBs.

High Rider (old school!!)
For as old as this thing is, it looked to be in great shape.

Now, the question is... what to do with them? I think I want the guts out of the F150 for a lil Sport project in the works, but the High Rider?? Paint/flip? Part out? Since it's 'vintage' I'm guessing that a few people are looking for parts. What do you think?
By Whitepup
Nice condition trucks you got there!
By landon
gwinnythepooh wrote:The top may be a 12v? It looks like the bigfoots.

I got a nice Bigfoot like that for $15, and parted it out and made back about $80.

The bottom one you'll have no problem making money on that! Gl

Well, according to this archived post I found today: http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15093
It's an early 2000's BigFoot marketed for Wal-Mart. Still not sure what I want to do with it... I think I'll find some way to combine it with the silver F150 I got a while back to make something cool :)
When you part out your rides, where all do you post? Just here on MPW or are you an eBay seller, too? Any point in trying to sell parts on CL? I just looked on eBay for the first time in ages and saw the ridiculous prices ppl are getting for gearboxes... I might just have to get in on some of that! :lol:
Working on my Ohio State Themed Jeeps and should be done in a week or two (or three... :roll: ), then onto some other fun! So, regardless these guys are going to have to sit before I can/will do anything with 'em.
By gwinnythepooh
I sold 90% of the Bigfoot parts here for mpw pricing and the rest I'll list on eBay. eBay prices can be scary, I figure I'll charge more because of fees involved but still price them to sell quickly.

With my Bigfoot I weighed the difference between parting it and flipping it, and what my time was involved. Parting is easy.. Lol

Looking forward to see your Ohio projects.
By landon
I figure this is a good place to account for (admit to) what I've picked up...

#1: firerock ($30)
charger, bad battery
became FairyRock Jeep

#2: F150 ($20)
bad battery, no charger
Becoming Candy Apple F-150

#3 Restage Jeep (free)
no battery, good charger
became OSU Jeep
Sold ($400)

#4 XtremeMachine ($15)
no battery, no charger, bad GBs
work in progress...

#5 Firerock ($20)
no battery, good charger
became OSU Jeep
SOLD - $200 on eBay, baby! Guy drove up (to NE Ohio) from Alabama to pick it up!

#6 SunJammer Jeep ($15)
no battery, no charger
scavenged, used/sold for parts

#7 'Lil Wrangler ($20)
no battery, no charger
Becoming Bejeweled Jeep

#8 & #9 Harley Davidson ($40)
One red and one blue Harley
no chargers, no batteries, one has bad drive wheels
Became Browns Harleys
sold ($400)

#10 Pines High Rider ($15)
no charger, bad batteries, didn't run (bad switch?)
sold ($25)

#11 F150 ($15)
no battery, no charger
scavenged for parts, trashman got the rest

#12 Harley Davidson ($25)
no battery, no charger
modded to fit 26ah battery, gifted to friend's kid

#13 KFX Ninja (free!)
bad battery, no charger
still deciding what to do with this one...
Last edited by landon on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
By landon
#17 - 2 or 3 year-old KFX Ninja (even swap for an 8 year old laptop)
Came with 12V battery and charger. Going to try to quick flip this thing after a good pressure washing (and maybe new decals?)
I think $125 is a good asking price.
EDIT - SOLD! $120
Last edited by landon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By landon
#18 - Stinger XS ($60)
Came with good battery and charger. It's in GREAT shape, just needs washed!
$60 is more than I like to spend on these, but I figure if my girl doesn't like it I can easily sell it!
EDIT - Turns out, the girl LOVES this thing! She calls it her boy :lol:
So, we'll keep this around and try to sell off the XM that she's only so-so about.
Last edited by landon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Whitepup
/cry, I want a Stinger... Great find! Gratz :)
By SAHDman
Is that the Stinger that was out in Wadsworth? I thought the ad was both of them for $75 and emailed the guy right away haha
By landon
SAHDman wrote:Is that the Stinger that was out in Wadsworth? I thought the ad was both of them for $75 and emailed the guy right away haha

It is/was indeed. Called as soon as I saw the ad and offered him $60. He didn't even hesitate... probably could have gotten it for $50.
By landon
#19 - Barbie Beach Ranger (free)
Chalk monster of a Jeep... pulled the usable parts and trashed it that day. Someone put 19t #7s in it, though! Must be why the people I got it from said "It goes real fast". :lol:

#20 - Grave Digger ($60)
Actually, the jeep above and this came together for $60, but I'd rather not admit to paying anything for the jeep... :oops:
This isn't in bad shape at all! It's filthy as hell but otherwise intact, all decals present, tires in good shape, works. Trunk lid has a little warping going on, but I think that can be fixed with a little heat. There's also some silvery paint in spots (of course on the decals! :evil: ), not sure how I'm going to get rid of that crap. Haven't put batteries in the sound/light box, yet. We shall see!
Just flipping this one, not interested in hanging onto it.

Tell me what you think I should ask for it... looks like eBay prices (should I even finish this sentence?) are ridiculously high, like $300 - $500. What's realistic if I get this thing looking good?
By Battman2036
:mrgreen: do you still have the body stuff on the jeep? I'm looking for a donor to test out some vinyl wrapping. Just don't want to pay for the vinyl and the victim. I know you "trashed it" but I'm hoping it's out back.
By landon
Battman2036 wrote::mrgreen: do you still have the body stuff on the jeep? I'm looking for a donor to test out some vinyl wrapping. Just don't want to pay for the vinyl and the victim. I know you "trashed it" but I'm hoping it's out back.

Sorry, bud. Trashed means dumpster-bound! Would have gladly gave it to you, too!
One day when I have my own place again, I'll be able to hang on to more pieces parts. I'm under a strict space quota at the moment!
By Battman2036
cool thanks. I want to try different qualities of vinyl to see how it adheres and maybe leave a test piece or two out in the elements to ensure it doesn't release. If it works, no more painting for me. :D and maybe a few cool looks as well. I've also thought about using clear vinyl as an invisible barrier like on luxury cars.
No battery, no charger. But otherwise a nice little Power Loader with intact bucket and trailer. The rollbar is broken (I'll do some searching on the site to see if there's an easier fix than what I have in mind), the front fenders are gone, and the tires are shot.

The Jeep's not even photo worthy.

Cleaned up, new(er) wheels and rollbar:
Edit: SOLD - $150
Last edited by landon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
By SAHDman
The JD tractor I picked up a while ago was missing one fender. I took the other off and I think it looks better without them
By landon
#23 & 24 - Harleys (trade)
I got two of these in a great trade with another user (Battman2036). I think I already have a buyer lined up for both :)
Cleaned up:
Edit: SOLD - $230

#25 - Brute Force ($40)
A little more than I like to spend, but it was listed at $70 :)
Came with a trailer from a green Brute Force, 4 batteries, and 3 chargers. Rear wheels are shot, but replacements are already ordered.
Cleaned up w/ new rear wheels and decals:
Edit: SOLD - $180
Last edited by landon on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
By landon
6 month hibernation is over... time to get down to business! :lol: :lol:

#26 - Fire Rescue Jeep ($25)
with charger and with potentially a decent battery
just missing a shovel (ordering one this morning)

#27 - Crappy Chinese Scooter ($20)
24V scooter with 2 dead batteries. I figure for $20, I might have a good 500W controller, 500W motor, twist throttle, brake lever, charge port, etc.
Last edited by landon on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By landon
#28 - Limited Edition Jeep ($10)
PO reported a busted gearbox, but I haven't tested anything out, yet. Needs some minor cosmetic stuff, but otherwise looks to be in great shape...
It also came with a 12V 12ah battery of unknown condition.
Gotta love a $10 LE!
By landon
#30 - Gaucho Grande Silver Edition ($175)
More than I ever thought I'd pay for a BPRO.... but seriously, (as SAHDMAN pointed out) it looks like it was assembled last week. The battery's less than a year old.
Only "issues" noted so far are mis-applied decals, missing tools, and one rip in the roll cage net.

I really hope my girl likes it!!
By landon
#34 - Currie i-Zip 500
Yeah, I know... it's not a Power Wheels. :roll: but, technically it IS still a BPRO. Actually one for me, this time! :D
I couldn't pass it up for $20! It needs batteries (I think I have a few of those!) and a front tube. I had it out for a minute when I got it home just to test it and it's pretty darn FUN!
By SAHDman
Man now I need to find a scooter for myself. What CL search did you use for that?
By landon
um, I search for "electric scooter"... lol
I've been keeping an eye on what come up for sale around here ever since I picked up a 500W parts donor for $20 this spring. I'm picking up another one this afternoon for my GF to ride ($40 with "brand new batteries", we'll see) and this morning I just worked a trade for a Razor Pocket Rocket and a Mini Chopper for an old laptop I'm not using anymore!
Looks like I'll be flipping some scooters this summer, too! http://www.modifiedelectricscooters.com here I come!
By gratefuldad
I've got 2s/4s LiPo packs putting out around 33v in ours right now on our beach trip. It gets to the store for silver sodas and ice quicker than you could start your car getting 20mph hauling close to 300#'s! Gotta love the big wheels :)
By landon
iDz Bowl wrote:haha, you're the reason I can't find anything good on Craigslist anymore!

Just playin, we gotta get some type of meet up this summer for sure.

:lol: Sorry! I have to be quick, if I'm ever going to get one before SAHDman!! :lol:

A meetup would be sweet!
By masterchief117
Excellent finds everyone! I need advise! Came across a MINT COMPLETE hot wheels Lamborghini for $100. Should I jump on it? Seems like I shouldn't pass this up
By SAHDman
landon wrote:
SAHDman wrote:Hey these free Hurricanes aren't going to pick themselves up!

I suppose you think that's pretty funny?

:cry:
just jealous, of course! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By landon
masterchief117 wrote:Excellent finds everyone! I need advise! Came across a MINT COMPLETE hot wheels Lamborghini for $100. Should I jump on it? Seems like I shouldn't pass this up

it all depends what you want to do with it, really. If you want it because they're cool and you want your kid to ride it for a while and you maybe want to mod it a bit... it's more than I would spend, but if you REALLY like the lambos, I say go for it...
if you were thinking about modding the snot out of it (i.e. 24V ESC, RC, GPS, DVD, ABS, etc.), $100 is a pretty high starting point.
if you were thinking about flipping it, no way. you'll never get any sort of profit off of it!

oh, and FWIW, most of us here NEVER pay what people are asking for in their ads...

ask around, you'd be surprised how many people you know that have a BPRO collecting dust in their garage, barn, basement, attic, backyard, etc...
Hope that helps a little!
By masterchief117
Agreed and I normally don't pay over twenty bucks for one. But this one is SO LITERALLY mint condition. And she wanted $150. I want to honestly keep this way. I have the Barbie Lamborghini in mint condition and I want to make them shown but unused. I have plenty I modded power wheels and several in mid stage of mods. But there is just something about the lambos........ I think everyone has that one power wheel that they want to make a trophy of perfection. Am I wrong??
By masterchief117
Ok and by the way. Last weekend I got a Barbie beach patrol jeep complete with working light and a WILD THING for 10 bucks!!!!
By landon
nice score!
I've never seen a Wild Thing, but heard they're very fun! (and fast, right?)
it kinda sounds like you've already decided about that Lambo, lol...
I'm not so much into making a 'trophy of perfection'. I just like making stuff that looks good, doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, and puts a big SMILE on some kid's face. It's still a toy and as long as you let any kid play with it, it's gonna get beat up, eventually. nothin' stays perfect forever!

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

Razor quad

Question about a razor quad I'm sure someone has s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course