KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
Hey all...been away for a bit (you guys packed up and moved on me!) Anyway, now that my son is nearing his third birthday and ready for a PW, and my daughter (who's 5, but wears size 8 clothes and is very tall for her age,) still wants to ride (wish I had kept that last Gaucho,) it looks like another summer of fun for me!

Since we did so well over the past two years, there was enough money in the PW fund to buy my daughter a new Hurricane (ouch -- but it got me out of the doghouse with my wife for selling the Gaucho.) I'll pick it up next week -- it'll be fun to build one out of the box instead of tearing apart someone else's mistakes like I'm used to. :lol:

I picked up these two last night from the same seller. The McQueen is for my son (it's the Super 6 version,) and the Harley will probably be a flip. Both are in great shape and have been kept indoors. Good batteries and chargers came with them, too. The McQueen is missing the headlight decals, so it was Hobbymasters to the rescue this morning. Already got the shipping notification, too!

The seller wanted $65 each, I brought them home for $85 for the pair. More than I'm used to spending, but not bad considering. These and the Hurricane were bought with money made from flipping PWs in the past, so technically they're all free. Right?

Both are hidden in my basement office until I can get the Hurricane home and put together and then surprise both kids.

Now I gotta start watching the curbs on trash day again... :roll:

Here's the Harley... EDIT -- SOLD $85 5/16/2012

And the McQueen (or as my son calls him, "Ka-chow!")

Last edited by h-bomb on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:25 am, edited 11 times in total.

By joetown_native
Wow! well worth $85 imho. I woulda definitely payed that much for the pair.
By h-bomb
Thanks for the comments, guys!

Just got notice the Hurricane should be delivered Monday. Can't wait to get it and the McQueen together for the kids!
By h-bomb
Grabbed these two over the weekend. The nicer one is nice, the chalk monster will get stripped.

Total cost: $20 (I actually paid that for the chalk monster; the nice one was free. Go figure.)

By VinDog
I almost picked up the Harley and McQueen a few weeks back. I was pumped about the red harley, but when I saw the McQueen was a Super 6, and when he told me how far he was from my house, I decided against it. Glad to see one of us got it.
By chozian
h-bomb wrote:He was 10 minutes from me, and the Super 6 was just what I wanted for my boy's first ride!
I prefer Super 6 vehicles over standard 12V vehicles because they are easier to mod for speed. You can use a single 12V battery to double the speed with Super 6 motors, but you have to use either a 12V and 6V or 3 6V batteries to upgrade a standard 12V vehicle for a 50% speed increase. Super 6 at 12V is about the same speed as standard 12V motors at 18V. The only downside I've seen to the Super 6 motors is that they do not have quite as much torque as the standard 12V motors after being up-volted. Regardless, I'd pick a Super 6 vehicle almost every time.
Last edited by chozian on Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Just had a productive lunch hour. Sold the Harley for $85 (just made McQueen free.) Then while I was driving back to work the lady that gave me the nice Takealong emailed to tell me she found the battery and to pick it up from her doorstep. No idea if it's any good, but at least it's a connector!
Nice day!
And I guess I won't be driving out to Buford, Lawrenceville, and destinations out that way to pick up the BPRO deals anymore. Let me know your scores. Maybe we can work out vehicle trades or parts swaps...
Need an Eliminator or XM?
What color is your Hurricane? I'll save you a set of hub caps, and a key.
LOL...I was thinking earlier that I need to leave the Marietta/Woodstock/Canton deals alone. This is much like I used to do with Jeff (jfoust) on Southside deals (and still will for Mike S.)

The Hurricane is a Walmart special, so it's that new blackish-grey.

Sorry to step on your toes, but I'm up for collaboration bro!

H.
h-bomb wrote:LOL...I was thinking earlier that I need to leave the Marietta/Woodstock/Canton deals alone. This is much like I used to do with Jeff (jfoust) on Southside deals (and still will for Mike S.)
The Hurricane is a Walmart special, so it's that new blackish-grey.
Sorry to step on your toes, but I'm up for collaboration bro!
H.
No toe issues here. I was getting kind of tired of driving out there once or twice a week anyway. And, unfortunately, I think I have driven the entire metro area's prices up. No more drives to Stockbridge for $20 BPROs in a long time...
I'll give you a heads up if I see anything out your way. I assume anything flip-able is of interest?
Freebie Takealong sold for $75 Wednesday night. The battery ended up being toast, so I cut the connector out and used it on a new aftermarket SLA battery. Bought an OEM charger to go with it, too. Total cost $37.33. Not bad.

The fleet has dwindled -- only have my kids' rides now. :cry:

Must. Buy. More. TOYS!
You need to charge more. You're making me look bad...
In nice shape, with a brand new battery, I would have listed it for $130, and maybe dropped that by $25-$30 for the missing CD player.
Picked up probably the nicest Barbie Jeep I've ever had Monday night. Missing the charger, and battery dead as a doornail, but this thing looked brand new. Negotiated a bit and got it for $40 since the Jammin radio didn't work. Threw the battery on my Shumacher yesterday and it charged up just fine by morning. Opened up the radio and it had no batteries. Sold it today after just four hours on craigslist for $125 with a PW charger and four new dollar store batteries in the radio. Actually got into a bidding war with two people as I only listed it for $100. Vin's right, I am too cheap.

I am with Vindog about the parts swapping. There are alot of PWs out there. I just seem to find all the nasty Gators. I wont get another one. I too have loads of parts and have a few parts needs like good, black, Jeep tires.
ms1120 wrote:I am with Vindog about the parts swapping. There are alot of PWs out there. I just seem to find all the nasty Gators. I wont get another one. I too have loads of parts and have a few parts needs like good, black, Jeep tires.
I was going to ask if you have any black Jeep tires :lol: :lol: :lol: because...

I picked up another Jammin Jeep (the purple with doors one) Sunday night but it has four blown out black tires and is sagging horribly. Did come with a new PW battery and a charger, and is fully functional, so it was worth the $25 to drag it home. I'm not sure what I'll do with it since black tires are at a premium it seems.

H.
h-bomb wrote:
ms1120 wrote:I know where there's ALOT of purple ones
That was my next question... :lol:

Not sure how a purple Jammin would look with purple wheels, but it's gotta be better than blown out black ones. :lol:
You can come get some purple tires and send some cash to MS through paypal. I'm home almost all day every day...
I have one odd purple here and just put it up against the Jeep. It's a LOT of purple, but it matches well enough. My daughter was like "oooohhh, I love purple!"

Any 5 year old girl's word is good with me when it comes to girly stuff.

Mike...I need 3 but will take a set of 4. Or 7 to make two sets since I have this odd one. (It's off a Cruisin Tunes.)
PM me.
Last edited by h-bomb on Wed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have four sets here. You can buy as many sets as you like, just send payment to Mike. (Or at least tell me you did. Ha Ha Ha)
If you want to buy a vehicle too, I'll "loan" you a CAT skid steer. I eventually have a dream of making a 4WD/4WSteering something, and I think I need the steering module when your son grows out of it...
Fun weekend. Picked up a ton of purple wheels from VinDog (but found out later that purple wheels use a longer axle than the black wheel Jeeps. :cry: ) More on that later...

On the way to VinDog's house Saturday I hit a neighborhood yard sale and grabbed this for $25. Oh, and bought two brownies from the little girl selling it. :lol:

Sold it Sunday for $100.

Saturday evening I picked this up from a craigslist ad. It's as nice as it looks in the pictures. Battery is shot, but came with a charger and everything works. I've always wanted one of these, so no hurry selling it.

A couple weeks ago I picked up these two 12v Dora quads with good batteries and chargers from a craigslist ad. He was asking $90 since one of them didn't work in reverse. Turned out it didn't work in low forward, either. Got them both for $65. Broken wire at the motor -- fixed.

Boy are they plain. And more purple wheels! VinDog to the rescue -- he hooked me up with a new decal sheet for a 6v Batman quad (they use the same body as the Doras.) Vince said I should use two decal sheets in series for the 12v. :lol:

Anyway--some satin black Fusion, a little cleaning, some decals and ...

Na na na na na na BATMAN!!! *edit -- SOLD $65 6/10

More on the other quad later. I have plans for it, too.
Last edited by h-bomb on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
h-bomb wrote: VinDog to the rescue -- he hooked me up with a new decal sheet for a 6v Batman quad (they use the same body as the Doras.) Vince said I should use two decal sheets in series for the 12v. :lol:
The decals would have been twice as powerful if you ran two sheets in series...
VinDog wrote:
h-bomb wrote: VinDog to the rescue -- he hooked me up with a new decal sheet for a 6v Batman quad (they use the same body as the Doras.) Vince said I should use two decal sheets in series for the 12v. :lol:
The decals would have been twice as powerful if you ran two sheets in series...
:lol:
h-bomb wrote:
ms1120 wrote:I know where there's ALOT of purple ones
That was my next question... :lol:

Not sure how a purple Jammin would look with purple wheels, but it's gotta be better than blown out black ones. :lol:
Here are the junk black ones. Why do people think its ok to duct-tape these?

And here's the Jeep with purple wheels...

ms1120 wrote:I like it. And BTW, someone copied your dora to batman idea and put it on craigslist. They even stole your pic.
:lol:

How dare they!

I've had two emails all week on that. Both with lowball offers.

Nobody likes quads I guess.
:roll:
h-bomb wrote:Nobody likes quads I guess.
:roll:
I seemed to sit on my 4-wheelers a while. One thing I always did in my CL ads was to mention that without a dashboard getting in the way of kids' knees, they can drive the quads as they get older.

I notice you do not have an Eliminator in your colection. I think you should get one...
If you would pull a Vindog and swap the 19Ts in the rear of that dora quad with some 21Ts, You may move it faster as "speedier" than stock.
h-bomb wrote:OK...Dora number two is ready to go. It'll take a special buyer for this one, but I was at a loss for a theme with the purple wheels. Hopefully I have better luck this time -- it took a whole week to sell the Batman quad! :lol: :roll:

SOLD 6/18 $75

I saw that they sell 24 volt motors on Amazon they[…]

So I saw on Amazon that they sell 24v gears it say[…]

Batmobile- 1992 Power Drivers

I'd try to plastic weld the cracks, pretty easy to[…]

Plasti-dip

I wouldn't recommend it. I've dipped my Hayabusa […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course