KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By Willy'sPWDad
I guess I should start a thread for the two Jeeps I have picked up so far. I am not planning on doing a bunch of these and flipping them, just for the personal enjoyment of my daughter.

The first Jeep (Jeep Restage) i got was (i thought in great shape) the battery did not work the floor had a crack in it and the hood also had a crack in it - $5. Saturday 8am
Jeep2.jpg
Jeep Restage
Jeep2.jpg (183.9 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
The second one I got is a Barbie Jammin' Jeep (w/ green trim), since I didn't know what to look for in the other jeep I needed parts and didn't want to wait to have them shipped. This was used a couple months and they moved to a place where they had no yard and a busy road. Great shape, tires very little wear, no damage (in hindsight I should have just got this one its needed no work and had no sun fading) I am going to pick up parts i am robbing from this one and do it up for my Godson. - $60 Sunday 1pm
IMG-20120624-00194.jpg
Barbie Jammin Jeep
IMG-20120624-00194.jpg (119.98 KiB) Viewed 4003 times

By sn00z
Willy'sPWDad wrote:I guess I should start a thread for the two Jeeps I have picked up so far. I am not planning on doing a bunch of these and flipping them, just for the personal enjoyment of my daughter.

Yea, that's what we all said. Next thing you know there are 30+ vehicles in your backyard.

Nice finds!
By JoshFink
Yep.. Two months or so and I have
3 Harleys
Polaris 700
2 Xtreme Machines
Gaucho Super Power
Razor Quad 24v
Kidtrax Police Car (Selling)
John Deere Tractor (still boxed up in the attic)
By Willy'sPWDad
Well you guys are proving me wrong but I am trying to be good.

Picked this
5I15T35M33E23p33H1c6ab9d014e693dd1bd3.jpg
Escalade EXT
5I15T35M33E23p33H1c6ab9d014e693dd1bd3.jpg (37.29 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
up today for 20 bucks put a new battery on it and it works just fine.

Maybe Ill just wash it and re-list it for 150 and see what happens, I want to fix it up for my kid but I have a feeling my wife might leave me (updates to follow)!
By Willy'sPWDad
gwinnythepooh wrote:Oh no, you're taking all my finds ;)
Don't worry gwinny (can I call you that? ), the wife put the kibosh on finds for fun. I have been told to finish the projects I have, some times those finds fall into your lap. Maybe I can store them at your place so she won't know :D
By gwinnythepooh
Willy'sPWDad wrote:
gwinnythepooh wrote:Oh no, you're taking all my finds ;)
Don't worry gwinny (can I call you that? ), the wife put the kibosh on finds for fun. I have been told to finish the projects I have, some times those finds fall into your lap. Maybe I can store them at your place so she won't know :D
Haha, yes everyone calls me gwinny.
My husband would shoot me if I allowed one more at my house!! He was about ready to kick me out for awhile and then he saw how much we could make flipping. I have 6 keepers currently in my garage.
My problem is storage. I've been on a 3 month dry spell though for flipping. Ever since I started selling mine for over $250 with custom paint job, now everyone thinks they're junk is worth the same...

Hopefully it works out timing wise for me to come meet you at your shop tomorrow and check out your paint job.
By Willy'sPWDad
Since: 1) I felt bad about taking Gwinny's hauls and 2) I am trying to keep my marriage, I hooked her up with a good flipper and at the time i thought it was a good deal.

But here is mine that I am keeping and doing VERY little, it is mint!
IMG-20120630-002062.jpg
Barbie Beach Party
IMG-20120630-002062.jpg (104.36 KiB) Viewed 3916 times
Barbie Beach Party (according to Gwinny its the Costco version with the Escalade rims)(Lockout screw still in place) -$25
Questionable battery and charger and everything but the water bottles (Does anyone have 2 new ones? how much? (also HAIR TIES? well ill take those for my daughter too if i can find them)
Last edited by Willy'sPWDad on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gwinnythepooh
Posting for Willy's. I took a picture after he dropped it off at my house, and after my husband ripped most of the decals off.

We are doing a joint venture on this. Willy likes to buy, I like to paint. We are going to do Dinoco McQueen.
UPDATE: SOLD AS DINOCO MCQUEEN $285

He paid $20 for this with a battery that I think I may be able to save. 8-) Everything was perfect, not a scratch and obv garaged.

Last edited by gwinnythepooh on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
By gwinnythepooh
Posting again for Willy, cause as you'll notice all his hauls end up in my garage :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skid steer, po asking $140 and he got it for $52. no battery. This will be joint venture, likely the JD skid

Polaris Spotsman 2x- good battery and charger. Missing a few parts
Po asking $150, he paid $70... This is a keeper
By Willy'sPWDad
Finally I get to post something that's mine.

I feel honored to join the club of free bpro recipients. This was a free one I saw on Craigslist, looks in great condition for its age. The battery might be salvageable but the tires are the worst I've seen (lucky the roll bar supports are there). If I can fix this cheaply I want to give it to my neighbors (they have 5 kids). Still feel pretty good about a free one.
freebie.jpg
Jeep
freebie.jpg (252.5 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
By hkayssi
That one is in a very good shape; I wish I can find one that colour.
IMO, swap the wheels from the yellow jeep on top of the page to this one and sell it; it should fetch a $125 easily with a new battery and charger. You can easily get the neighbours 2 rides for that money ;)
By Willy'sPWDad
hkayssi wrote:That one is in a very good shape; I wish I can find one that colour.
IMO, swap the wheels from the yellow jeep on top of the page to this one and sell it; it should fetch a $125 easily with a new battery and charger. You can easily get the neighbours 2 rides for that money ;)
Thanks those two are long gone, ones my kids one I gave away to family. I need to find a way to make the wheels work or part it out but I do not want to do that, I always wanted the copper one.
By wired
Willy and Gwinny....the dynamic duo!!
By madmaxdecals
Good stuff guys...keep em' coming
By Willy'sPWDad
I had a pretty good week this week after getting the free jeep it was hard to bring myself to spend money but I think I got a couple nice ones.

Harley Davidson F150 - pretty darn nice, even has lockout screw. I got this one from grandparents who said their gs used it 3 times and never liked it. Tires are almost perfect and came with good battery and charger. Asking 150 got for 70
hdf150.jpg
f150
hdf150.jpg (425.53 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
Then the next day after searching for parts for the copper jeep I got earlier, I decided it would be cheaper to find a donor jeep. Well this is what I ended up with, the Barbie jeep that is still for sale with a good battery and charger good tires and no issues. Asking 100 got for 61
jammin.jpg
jeep
jammin.jpg (141.82 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
Debating parting the pink one out to use on the copper one or resell for 150 and use that to buy parts for the copper one. I really hate these decisions.
By SAHDman
You paid $61 for the jeep? That must have been a tough negotiation if you were down to dollars :lol: :lol:
By Willy'sPWDad
SAHDman wrote:You paid $61 for the jeep? That must have been a tough negotiation if you were down to dollars :lol: :lol:
I always keep singles in the car just in case. I got the skid steer for 52 using the same method, funny huh?
By madmaxdecals
I am curious...you seem to be talking these people waaaayy down on their asking prices...I do that and people get offended with me like their faded F150 with missing side mirrors and 5 year old battery somehow deserves $100 and not $50... what is your method if you don't mind me asking...because it seems to be working
By SAHDman
I'm curious on this one too. I'm a former car salesman and you're making my negotiating skills look bad. Of course they were never good in the first place but I try :lol:
By Willy'sPWDad
I think just like everyone else, just being nice and talking about what I CAN pay. I keep things like toysrus battery printouts in the car, show them the damage only we notice, and I remind them that reasonable listing's go fast and greedy listing's sit. I have also looked at 25 and only bought 13 or so, so some persistence is involved. I don't know if that makes sense or helps, gwinny has been there for a couple I don't think I'm doing anything special.
By crazywheeler
man i want that skid! if you can give me a good deal and get me a shipping quote i might take it off your hands :D
By gwinnythepooh
Willy'sPWDad wrote:I think just like everyone else, just being nice and talking about what I CAN pay. I keep things like toysrus battery printouts in the car, show them the damage only we notice, and I remind them that reasonable listing's go fast and greedy listing's sit. I have also looked at 25 and only bought 13 or so, so some persistence is involved. I don't know if that makes sense or helps, gwinny has been there for a couple I don't think I'm doing anything special.
The ones I've been on there's role play. Guess who gets to be the bad cop....

But yeah point out what's wrong/missing and what's that going to cost. Test battery with voltmeter. That gets them everytime. The deal with the money, like on the skid guy was stuck at $60. Willy said he would go get $, and came back with $52. Of course he had more but random amount is believable. So po took it.
By Willy'sPWDad
gwinnythepooh wrote:
Willy'sPWDad wrote:I think just like everyone else, just being nice and talking about what I CAN pay. I keep things like toysrus battery printouts in the car, show them the damage only we notice, and I remind them that reasonable listing's go fast and greedy listing's sit. I have also looked at 25 and only bought 13 or so, so some persistence is involved. I don't know if that makes sense or helps, gwinny has been there for a couple I don't think I'm doing anything special.
The ones I've been on there's role play. Guess who gets to be the bad cop....

But yeah point out what's wrong/missing and what's that going to cost. Test battery with voltmeter. That gets them everytime. The deal with the money, like on the skid guy was stuck at $60. Willy said he would go get $, and came back with $52. Of course he had more but random amount is believable. So po took it.
The worst part about that guy is he said he won it on ebay earlier this year in its current condition for something like 197 and 47 dollars shipping, Gwinny laughed at him, that probably helped the negotiations a tad. One other thing is I keep saying things like im not trying to insult you, I am just telling you what this is actually worth to me.

I am having the exact same issue with my sons rapt[…]

can we get a little more info like make and model […]

So one of the motors burned out on my kids Viper. […]

I have a Power Wheels Duner racer. I upgraded it t[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course