KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
All those "freebies", almost freebies and "came up-ons" and those really good deals can go here. LOTS OF PICS WELCOME. :-)
By h-bomb
I have never been a fan. Never owned one (and I've had literally hundreds of BPROs over the past four years,) and never actively sought one. They always seemed overpriced and, well, ugly. I had a strong week of flipping PWs last week and was completely out of inventory, save for my kids' personal rides (which are NOT for sale, so they say. :D )

Anyway, one of my employees is getting married next month and his fiancee has been moving her and her daughter's stuff into his house recently. He came into my office Monday and asked if I was still "collecting those little battery cars," and said he all of a sudden has one that has been sitting for years and is taking up too much space with the merging of the two families.

Anyway -- I'm still unsure about it. It's been used just a handful of times (his fiancee's daughter didn't like it, so it sat. A lot.) The tires are barely scuffed, and the lockout screw is still in place (he called and told her about that and she had no idea.) But, do people really like these? :?

I paid him $75 for it, with a newer PW battery that she bought and a good charger. The radio isn't working, but I haven't checked the batteries. They're probably dead. Or never installed in the first place. (I bought a Dune Beetle last weekend and when I asked the seller why the sounds didn't work she said she didn't know they were supposed to. The factory tape was still across the battery compartment! No batteries ever!)

Here's a quick shot I took after unloading. I'll post more later.
Attachments
e57c58dc.jpg
e57c58dc.jpg (302.77 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
Last edited by h-bomb on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By M1m3R
there are two on our street. they get a lot of use...cup holder and all. my (almost) 3yo will gladly swap his xtreme machine for one.
By h-bomb
M1m3R wrote:there are two on our street. they get a lot of use...cup holder and all. my (almost) 3yo will gladly swap his xtreme machine for one.

And I wouldn't have thought twice about paying that for an Xtreme Machine in similar condition!

:roll:
By M1m3R
h-bomb wrote:
M1m3R wrote:there are two on our street. they get a lot of use...cup holder and all. my (almost) 3yo will gladly swap his xtreme machine for one.

And I wouldn't have thought twice about paying that for an Xtreme Machine in similar condition!

:roll:
yeah, weird what the kids decide they like to drive. like the thomas train engine...and 6v trike that barely move at all. we (bulk of the little boys on the street) are probably another year from needing speed.
That looks very nice. I would ask $200 for that. My kids go through spurts with what they like, I think they just like the cup holder and the doors. I personally hate the look of them but people buy them so I will keep buying them. I have had much better luck selling the pink or black models, that maroon color never seems to sell quick for me.

Either way that was a good deal.
By SigEp
Escalades are cool because they're big and have two doors. They kind of remind me a little of the Gravedigger in that way. Kids like doors. Escalades go for a lot in our area. I pick them up every once in a while when I can get a deal on one, but I only buy the newer style ones. They seem to sell better around us.

But the bottom line is your kids like it. Right now I'm collecting based on what "I" think are the best ride-ons. Once the kids get a little older and start driving them all, "they" will decide what the best ride-ons are. :lol:
All the kids in my neighborhood fight over the escalade. They think its super cool. They like the radio, the chrome wheels, and yes the doors! On 18V these run great.

Sig- I recently got that like new, but older style black one. I bought the new stickers for it and I must say it looks awesome. I guess I should post pictures of it.
By h-bomb
Here are a couple better pictures. I added a set of seatbelts from VinDog since the originals were missing.
Attachments
a8550894.jpg
a8550894.jpg (452.73 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
d353d129.jpg
d353d129.jpg (431.64 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
620c119f.jpg
620c119f.jpg (496.09 KiB) Viewed 1655 times
It was nice and $145 was a really good deal for someone. Around here the escalades that are in the $150 range are junk. They are worth buying, people love them. I doubt you will have an issue getting rid of them.
By h-bomb
Around here, PWs are plentiful. Maybe it's a supply and demand thing, but there's no way I would have asked $200 for that. I was VERY happy with $145 on a $75 toy in an overnight flip that involved nothing but a wipe-down and a $3 set of seat belts!

Why should the kids have all the fun! Used this o[…]

All good. 8-) We're here to support each other an[…]

If both motors are working in high gear, look for […]

The replacement motor gearbox combo may not be sui[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course