KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
Need more advice. I'm converting an 850 quad to 36v esc and a twist throttle. How do I activate my brake? What will work best in a panic situation? Do I make the original gas pedal the brake? Do I reverse it so it has to be pressed to release the brake? A button on the handlebar? Help! :?
I used the original pedal as release-to-brake though I can't say it's super intuitive since you get accustomed to the twist throttle and forget your foot is pushing anything
wesleyb82 wrote:Brake lever with integrated microswitch to use as the brake?

http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/brakelevers.html

In hindsight, that would have been much better. It's not like they will break the bank even purchasing new anyways...
tafpowerwheel wrote:

since its just going to be used as the brake do you think you need a relay or can I just hook it up straight the the orange wire on the throttle switch? I wouldn't think it would carry much amps while braking.

You will definitely want a relay. The microswitch can't handle much amperage and those motors can generate a ton of power under heavy braking!
toycrusher wrote:
tafpowerwheel wrote:

since its just going to be used as the brake do you think you need a relay or can I just hook it up straight the the orange wire on the throttle switch? I wouldn't think it would carry much amps while braking.

You will definitely want a relay. The microswitch can't handle much amperage and those motors can generate a ton of power under heavy braking!

sounds good thanks
toycrusher wrote:You will definitely want a relay. The microswitch can't handle much amperage and those motors can generate a ton of power under heavy braking!

++1 !

Anyway in my custom building experience a lot of times there is no need to re-invent the wheel- look at what is already in use and working. In this case scooters have controls that include a brake on the steering bar. Big Co's spend big bucks to find out what works. Anytime I see a scooter, power wheels, etc I take a close look and check out what millions in R&D results in.
Last edited by wesleyb82 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinion Question

Ugggg.. anyone know of a 32p 10t for a 5mm shaft??

Can't access FAQ's

Is there any possibility of porting all the old th[…]

The stock 12v Gaucho wiring is marginal at 18v. Th[…]

John Deere Gator issue

My son was riding his gator and 2nd gear stopped w[…]

HobbyMasters