KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By Rollin_Coal
So I have had my daughters jeep running the LBD-14 ESC for about 2 years now. I have been out of the modifying game for about a year as I separated from the military, moved across the country, began a new career, bought a house, and had another child all in the last year AND NOW I'm finally back at modifying in order to set my son up for when he can ride/drive these babies around! NOW the issue...

I have absolutely no idea how I came up with what I did on this jeep with the ESC because I can't find any other posts using my setup, but it has worked for the last 2 years, with one exception; The separate brake pedal doesn't do squat! On this particular jeep I have wired the ESC into the original H/L/R shifter without adding any additional relays or resistors as "official the LBD-14" post suggests to do. My question is, with that set up how do I make the separate brake pedal work?

Right now I have the original wires from the original gas pedal (red and orange I believe) going to the "motor" connector to the ESC and the third (black) wire from the original gas pedal is capped off at the relay... I wired the original gas pedal (now brake pedal) to the brake connector but I do not have anything going into the "brake signal connector" as shown in the LBD-14 thread. Should there be something going into that in order to use the separate brake pedal??

Any help on how to wire this using the existing relays on the shifter and still utilize a charger and separate break pedal would be great! Thanks!

Nick
By toycrusher
There's nothing wrong with doing it your way provided you don't have hills and melt down stock wiring. Here are a couple diagrams from my diagram thread that will allow you to connect the brake on your setup. The first uses a relay, the second does it with just the original gas pedal.

LBD w-brake.jpg

LBD w-brake no relay.jpg
By Rollin_Coal
HMM... I will have to take a look at hat I got going on in there and try to implement something like this... I wish I was good enough to follow the wires and know how the relays are going to react to each button press haha! Thanks for the help!
By toycrusher
Rollin_Coal wrote:HMM... I will have to take a look at hat I got going on in there and try to implement something like this... I wish I was good enough to follow the wires and know how the relays are going to react to each button press haha! Thanks for the help!

In the second diagram, there are no relays, just the components you already have. Just re-arrange your wiring through the brake pedal and you will be good to go. ;)
Aftershock motor

Looking for an aftershock motor. Doesn't have to […]

Hey guys, to start off, first-time poster and modd[…]

3a motors and gearbox

I'm looking to turn a lil jeep into 2wd and need a[…]

Can't access FAQ's

He's NOT alone! Surfing through, I've had a horrib[…]

HobbyMasters