KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By Daniel
Hello,

can you explain me the difference beetwen a stock on/off throttle, that brakes when you remove the foot from throttle, and an ESC brake function ? What happens when you remove the foot of an ESC powered PW ?

Thank you !
By sall
The brakes on the common ESC setup short the motors out to brake. Braking can be softened with resistors. The brake must manually be pressed. If you let off the accelerator all that happens is the vehicle rolls to stop.

One could set the brake relay up so it's always active when the throttle is not being pressed though to emulate the factory setup.
Last edited by sall on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By wesleyb82
sall wrote:One could set the brake relay up so it's always active when the throttle is not being pressed though to emulate the factory setup.

Check out this thread for automatic braking with ESC but in my opinion the friction of the gearboxes does a pretty good job slowing down the car and adding the additional level of control (coasting/ hard stopping) really allows the young drivers to explore the new control and learn new techniques which is more fun for them and frankly very fun to watch as well (young kids pick up things super fast as we all know). Unless there are special circumstances, if I were you maybe try to run the regular ESC setup first then explore the automatic braking later if you think it would be beneficial for your circumstances.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15661
Last edited by wesleyb82 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinion Question

Ugggg.. anyone know of a 32p 10t for a 5mm shaft??

Can't access FAQ's

Is there any possibility of porting all the old th[…]

The stock 12v Gaucho wiring is marginal at 18v. Th[…]

John Deere Gator issue

My son was riding his gator and 2nd gear stopped w[…]

HobbyMasters