KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By NathanBoxa
Hi all

Can anyone help with a simple PWM setup for 24v. At the moment im running 2 x 12v SLAs with a cordless drill switch as the speed controller. It has worked very well so far :D

I have trolled the forums for an answer but what i found was very complicated and there is no simple setup advise for a simple PWM setup.

anyway i found this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2000W-MAX-10 ... SwNSxVGgxX

$_57.JPG
2000W MAX 10-50V 40A DC Motor Speed Control PWM

So one will the above do the job and
two how can i convert the twist knob to a pedal one?

Ive seen the Slide Potentiometers used (pic below), with a spring its just matching up to the PWM that i dont understand, i think ohms law math has something to do with it :oops:

$_57.JPG
SLIDE POT Linear Potentiometer

Any help appreciated
Well I took an old razor electric scooter and swapped all the electrical components minus motor over, I installed all components in p/w and the connector that goes to motor I ran it to the battery hook up wires. Then swap a wire in the foot pedal and it will act as the brake. Im not sure what kind of p/w you are working with though. if its a quad or motorcycle you can use the twist throttle but if its a jeep/car you can get a hall effect pedal. You can usually find scooters for 20 to 30 dollars on craigslist.hope this helps some.
By NathanBoxa
No Craigs list in Aus, we have Gumtree an equivalent, i checked it out and couldn't find anything suitable.

I did a little more research on the PWM and i found out the duty cycle can be changed with a potentiometer, its just im not sure what size one ill need, 100k 50k or 10k :?:

Also the above PWM has a Frequency 12khz, whats that have to do with the k,ohms of the potentiometer :? :?:
By Rockian
So one will the above do the job and
two how can i convert the twist knob to a pedal one?

They make a cheap plastic conversion kit to turn a twist knob to foot pedal. I can't remember where, I plan on making my own if I use a controller like pictured
By Sedzy
Swapping out the pot in the controller won't be a daunting task. Find a multimeter, and with the pot removed from the PWM controller, measure the resistance between the 2 outside pins/wires. That'll tell you what value to use. (the middle one will change as you rotate it)

Just make sure you replace it with a LINEAR taper pot not a LOG taper pot. Most pots are sold as LOGs for audio. You'll want a linear speed increase as you press the throttle. Also, worth noting with the slider pots, they are very prone to dust/dirt collection. Keeping it some how sealed up in a balloon or something will keep it cleaner longer. As it gets dirty, your throttle will jitter on the movement. (same way you hear crackle in speakers, when the volume pot is dirty)

I saw your posts on the mpwfb group and came here […]

I went through this exercise about a year ago and […]

Ford F-150 gear box

Here you go: http://www.mltoys.com/Power-Wheels-Hu[…]

source for 6V 18AH battery?

Ugh. :) Question as I consider battery stuff::: W[…]

HobbyMasters