KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By bucky1399
I used Wesley's 24 volt ESC kit and have it all wired up...working great so far!
I have one of these remote kill switches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-500-ft-0 ... 1087wt_756
Can I just splice the white wires (output) into the key lead and attach red (input) wire and ground wire to my 12v power block? I see everyone adding relays but is that necessary? I don't want to fry something if I'm looking at this wrong!
Last edited by bucky1399 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By M.L.Toys
That kill switch has a 10 amp relay. You'll fry it the first time out even at 12 volts. If you're running 24 volts you'll need to find a 24v relay and 40 amps.
By toycrusher
bucky1399 wrote:I used Wesley's 24 volt ESC kit and have it all wired up...working great so far!
I have one of these remote kill switches.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-500-ft-0 ... 1087wt_756
Can I just splice the white wires (output) into the key lead and attach red (input) wire and ground wire to my 12v power block? I see everyone adding relays but is that necessary? I don't want to fry something if I'm looking at this wrong!

You if you are only switching the key circuit, that would work.
By wesleyb82
toycrusher wrote:You if you are only switching the key circuit, that would work.

+1
Last edited by wesleyb82 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By wesleyb82
intense98neon wrote:I used a remote kill switch to activate the brake relay. Not only does it stop them in their tracks, you get the kids attention really quick!

++1
By DuaneHaas
How did you end up wiring this up with Wesley's kit?

I got the kit installed this week and my son is an absolute terror on it so far (after hitting our mailbox and almost plowing into a neighbors garage door at full speed lol). I am not used to reading the wiring diagrams, but I can usually fumble my way through one. I would like for it to activate the break so we can stop it anytime. Thanks guys!
By bucky1399
Yes, I wired it to the key leads. Unfortunately due to all the RF interference from the motors I found the range to be poor (maybe 30' reliably). This was using the long-range remote. I ended up taking it out.

Do you think it would have been possible to keep t[…]

New Side Project

Starting a new post about this project. Had major […]

Oh OK. I bet he means to put the diode on the ba[…]

Chevy Silverado SawBlade

Hi I have spare parts Silverado are you needing th[…]

HobbyMasters