KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By Safetybob
I got Wesleyb82's ESC about 3...4, maybe 5 months ago and finally this weekend got it finished on my very petite 8 year old girls Peg Perego Gacho Rocking whatever. It is just over a year old. Put lights on it. Wired the brake lights so they come on only when the brake pedal is depressed. Everything worked like a champ. I am tickled pink about how well everything (slowly thanks to me) came together. I elected to have the 12volt lights come on via the 24 to 12 volt step down provided as and option and put a simple single shot relay that is timed for 10 minutes. I have a combination push button and illuminated switch to take care of this. Figured this will give the kid something to do and honestly, she gets bored after 10 minutes anyway.

Thank you Wesleyb82 for your excellent kit, superb directions, inspiration and the help with my idiotic questions.

The bad news....they, as in the 45 pound daughter with the probably 60 pound neighbor's daughter rode around the block 3 times Sunday. On the last time, the passenger gearbox and/or motor started making a lot of noise. Time to find a new gearbox and motor and diagnose the problem.

And yes, I was THE hero for about an hour Sunday.....of the entire block!

Bob E.
By toycrusher
I'll take being the hero for an hour any day! :lol: Congrats on the project and thanks for leaving feedback 8-)
By wesleyb82
Nice, happy it all worked out! Sorry to hear about the gearbox, this can happen when you are dealing with plastic parts but overall our experience has been that ESC is much easier on the parts which leads to more longevity in the long run.

I cannot tell you how much my kids love switches. I like to use angel eye illuminated push button switches and color code them to the accessory. Green for power, white for lights, red for horn (make sure to use a momentary for this, lol), red for underglow, etc etc. Huge hit, highly recommended.
By Safetybob
Quick update. The "Rock-in" Gaucho had a new gearbox and motor installed and all is running good. Only yesterday (because I had some 12 volt lighting issues) I finally put some blue loc tight on the motor screws. I did notice that roughly three weeks of at least 1 hour a day thrashing around the neighborhood that the motor screws did back out, ever so slightly. The motors were in no way loose.

What did surprise me is how basically all four wheels have areas of 3 to 4 inch splits in the middle of the wheel. It appears that the concrete in my area is very hard on those plastic wheels. OK, by accident I believe I figured out what increased the speed of the damage. I was observing my little angle running around the front of my circle driveway trying to get her attention through the window to turn on the lights since it was getting a bit dark out side. That's when I saw her at full speed (12 volt motors really rock at 24 volts) when she either hit the brakes and quickly turned the wheel or something she has figured out (her mother did the same thing on two "real" cars just for the record....so it's in her blood to drive.....crazy) and did a nice 180 slide. I suspect this is where my damage and wear and tear is coming from.

ESC still 100% solid.....could not be more impressed or happier.

Did I mention the front wheels have the toe out that most of the power wheels have? Yes I suspect she has a curb check or two (like her mom) under her belt at 8 years old.......women.......

Bob E.
Why wont anyone help me??

I just need a pic of how Mcqueen 12 v is originall[…]

Where to find batteries

Wondering where you guys go to buy batteries? And[…]

Redcat Racing shook the scale crawling world with […]

@toycrushers Is there a way to put a break reduct[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course