KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By dka56
My Polaris 850 is going to get some 775 Banebots as well as an ESC. To keep it simple, a single ESC would be better, and cheaper but I'm not sure what kind of amps these draw pulling a small hill.
If a single 1000W will work then that would be great, otherwise I will need to run dual 800 or 1000W controllers. I'm curious as to what others have been successful with.
By taz11
I used them with a 1000watt unit. It worked but they can use more. If I were to do another one (days long past) I would try a 1000watt with a esc bypass button. That does require some discipline on the drivers part.
I might suggest alternatively trying it with stock wiring and see how long the circuit breaker goes without tripping.

If you do go ESC, I would suggest a higher quality Kelly controller or along those lines. The Chinese ones, even those rated at 1000 watts still have tiny 14 gauge wiring that I wouldn't trust with banebots. A dual ESC has its drawbacks. I've found they don't necessarily provide the same performance at the same throttle input level and that can leave one motor doing all the work during acceleration, shortening it's lifespan
By dka56
I guess I will try a single ESC first..my main concern is the gearboxes with the Banebots, I could try the stock setup I suppose but I'm not sure how they will hold up.

Good info on the dual ESC, I may try two of them and monitor carefully if it comes to using them.

Here's another controller that seems well made and little more inexpensive as the Kelly controller but also at a reduced amperage capability albeit still adequate for our needs.

http://e0designs.com/products/ragebridge2/

I'm already using two 120mm fans, one to push fres[…]

In that case then I can retire the long wire conne[…]

well the wires got hot at the switches to the moto[…]

Increasing voltage question

The motor's "nominal voltage rating" is […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course