KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
I have a throttle JT-2D that stopped working.. I get the 4.X volts on rest but the other wire doesn't get voltage when pressed...

I put it on my other ESC power wheels to verify it is the pedal that is bad..

I took it apart and there doesn't seem to be much to it.. A magnet that scrapes across and the 3 wires soldered to the board..
I have one of those too. Mine is still working under bench testing, but ya, there isn't much in there.

Digikey PN: 480-2006-ND looks like the right one. Open up your pedal again, and peel the silicone off the sensor, and see if you can see a part number to cross reference against this Honeywell part.

I don't know what IC package you might have in yours, but mine is the TO-92 style, but this part comes in various IC packages. Digikey has them all.

If you have any soldering skills, and the ability to write down the internal wiring before/after you do any work... $2.40 is alot cheaper than a whole new pedal. Buy some extras in case this happens to another pedal.
I've had one arrive dead. I ordered another. Fixing it sounds like a better deal though
I bit the bullet, and ordered some parts from digikey for my pedal. I was concerned about the pedal failing and causing the truck to go full throttle. (even though a failure will most likely result in 0V)

After stripping it down to a bare PCB, and cross-referencing the Chinese knockoff part in google, and comparing it's output to real Honeywell parts, I ended up on the SS490 Series sensors.

I purchased a few parts of different sensing ranges, and found that the SS496B is the part. The fake part is labeled 96 B, so that at least helps to confirm I have the right part.

It is a direct drop in replacement part. Same pinout, same voltage range. I did however find that the usable range on the pedal is better now. There is less dead-zone at the start, and the end of the range. As well as the off-pedal voltage is 25mV lower with the genuine part, and the pedal has more physical travel before the voltage saturates at 4.89V. (4.9V on the fake part) Just put the new part in the same spot, with the same gap to the magnet and your golden.

If you have a JT-2D Pedal die, don't toss it... Get a cheap part here (or any other vendor selling the SS496B)

Honeywell SS496B-T2 (the T2 just means the leads are formed, you need to straighten them)
Digikey Part Number: 480-6213-1-ND

Here is the Digikey Link to it: http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... -6213-1-ND

The install is pretty straight forward, so I didn't take pictures or write a how-to. But I will write something up if anyone needs it.

The originator of the Hurrican pneumatic tire thre[…]

Check out my RC Dune Racer

The finished product is a beach cart. https:[…]

You'll need a 12v battery and a 6v battery of matc[…]

Throttle switch

I was trying to check the inside of the petal swit[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course