KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By oldfooter
Not sure if this is where this needs to be but here we go. Been talking to Wes at east coast he suggested I throw this out here. I have a granddaughter with no lower body function and is in halo traction with a constant 18 lbs of weights on her head at all times. I am looking for some sort of push button control with a soft start to keep the weights from swinging violently. She has small hands with little grip strength so I do not think she can do a twist throttle or squeeze control. It has to be dependable as this is not a toy for her it is her independance while outside and out of her wheelchair. This is for a 24v rzr.
Thanks
By Rob222
Are you serious about this ? Even if you can "keep the 18 lbs of weights on her head from swinging violently" at start , she is gonna hit bumps at some point. That thing has no real suspension and is fast.
By oldfooter
Yes She has had a dune racer wired with a constant run sol. for about three years and has out grown it. We put the weights between two bungee cords and that helped with the swinging and looked at the weights inserted into a pvc pipe with a spring at the bottom to support any up and down movement.
By edac
I put a twist throttle on a Peg Sportsman 2X. it is very easy to twist. takes some getting used to but my three grand daughters ages 4,5,and 6 all figured it out pretty quick. The only thing I would (and am considering) is to leave the foot switch in the circuit because each one of them have inadvertently started the ride while getting on. But they learn quick. With Wesley's kit they can crawl along at low throttle no problem, yet still spin the tires at will. I used some thing like this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Razor-Electric- ... 0728001047

It works well. If I were to do it again I would get one with a voltage read out and switch to wire up a horn, or maybe a half throttle. The spring return is firm but easy to twist, even for small hands.
I know you were asking about alternatives, but don't over look them if it can fit into your mod.
On the other hand, A slider with a spring return incorporated into the steering wheel would give ESC soft start and speed control, even though they all run them Fast.

http://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/hall-effe ... s/8232390/

This one is pricey, but may be you can find one more reasonable.
PW Jeep for the mountains?

Unfortunately he absolutely correct. You don't nec[…]

Old Powerwheels used two 6-volt batteries and the[…]

Gaucho cooling fins for motor?

I can't seem to source any cooling fins for my old[…]

by 'Dual 12V' you mean dual motors at 12v and not […]

HobbyMasters