KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By RunninL8
Morning!

I'm trying to add this pedal to my kiddo's dodge ram.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Hall-Effe ... SwcBhWYZFq

and have this ESC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-50V-60A-DC-M ... SwgyxWU9v-

I had it hooked up with the stock pedal for quite a while, but they loaded it up with kids and my niece was scared of the power, so it was on/off constantly and burned out the pedal.

My problem is that there are 5 wires going to the pot on the ESC. What do the bottom row black and red connections do?

I'd like to wire the pedal in series with the pot so that he can control the speed up to a set level. The speed limiting function has been very useful in parades etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Couple vids of the ride.

By Sedzy
Sweet Ram. I love the live axle.

The 2 extra wires off the back of the pot will most likely be the ON/OFF switch. I assume it clicks when fully counter-clockwise.... It's just a SPST contact built into the pot. To use it either rewire it to a SPST switch in the ram for on/off control, or just solder the 2 wires together so it is always on when power is.

A couple things need to be verified before you can drop that Hall pedal in place of the pot.

The ESC will supply a voltage to the pot (ad shows the red wire), and read back the voltage on the middle pin (ad show the black wire) to determine what speed level to run at. You need to make sure that the source voltage is not more than 6V (probably the red wire) or the Hall pedal will be cooked. If it's less than 6V your good, and you can substitute the pot for the pedal.

Polarity is critical on the hall pedal, if you connect it backwards, you'll probably kill the sensor, or at least damage it to the point of unreliability. (I made a post earlier on the replacement part for these pedals)

If you want to use the pot as a speed limiter... you'll have to get a bit more crafty with your wiring. The pot, and the hall pedal both work on percentage output vs rotation/press input of the source voltage. (ie 5v source at half turned pot = 2.5v) So you need to use the pot to add another percentage onto the percentage out of the pedal.

I did up a quick schematic, you can use to wire up for a speed limiter.
Attachments
HallPedalSpeedLimiter.jpg

I know what your saying that would be great if you[…]

Hello all, This is my first post. I've had troubl[…]

I have little experience using the voltage meter. […]

If you charge your battery at 6A (assume this is j[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course