KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
By write_mem
I installed a 24V ESC on a Peg Perego Polaris RZR 900. Even with the ESC, I burn through motors like mad. Stock motors last the longest, but are expensive. No-name Chinese motors are cheap, but don't even last 15 minutes. The primary issues is that the bushings wear out on the front or rear very quickly. Bad noises start happening, then the wheel will just lock up after a bit. The motor bushings are trashed. I've tried a variety of tactics to keep it running, but the nearly 10mph achieved at 24v is probably just too much for any of these 550 motors to handle. And my son tends to drive at wide open throttle 100% of the time.

I've had different luck with a 18v mod on a Peg John Deere Turf Tractor that a neighbor gave us. The battery was toast when I got it, so I put 3x 12V UPS batteries in a series in it. I locked the shifter to "1" so that the motors would be in series. That effectively put it at 18volts. This thing is a tank. I've ridden on it (175lbs) a little as well. There's no ESC installed. It's all or nothing. It's basically a drift tractor with a 38lbs 4 year old on it. It goes about 7 mph. My theory concerning the longevity here is that having the motors in series significantly reduces the strain on any given motor. If one wheel binds, the other spins. Since it doesn't spin any faster, I assume it's still getting just 18volts. I'd love some knowledge dropped on me here. I'm just guessing.

I'm considering getting a cheap 36v ESC and putting the motors in the RZR in series as well. It won't be as fast at 18v as 24v, but the reduced speed and strain if a wheel binds should increase the longevity of the motors. Has anyone used an ESC on motors in a series here? Anything weird to be expected?
Unibody Jeep Front End Sag

I did this on my Hurricane. I used a fairly long M[…]

I will have to look at the shifter when I get off […]

Upgrade BMW i8 Concept

If the 6v bat is stock it may have a built in fuse[…]

Will do. You're next in line.

HobbyMasters Udemy Course