KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
I have installed an ESC DYI from EastCoast and am having issues getting it to have power to run. I have tested as indicated on site and am still having issues. Is there anyone on the Northern California area?? And has this been an issue for anyone else? I have wired and then rewired system and it still won't work, yet appears to be wired as is shown on the instructions.
Honestly Wesley offers amazing customer assistance and tech support. I'd recommend reaching back out to him first as he knows exactly what components you have
Hello. I purchased the 500w DIY ESC kit from EastCoast and had some issues with installation which I have now resolved. My issue was with the Controller itself. The one that shipped with the kit didn't work (which I was informed might happen from the get go). I purchased an extra Controller from ebay which also had issues. Controller 1 seemed completely dead. Controller 2 would run the motors full throttle as soon as I connected the battery even without the key ignition engaged. I purchased an additional 2 controllers from Amazon and one of those finally worked.

I had found one of the YouTube videos from EastCoast that described troubleshooting. I basically tried to compartmentalize each section of the wiring and tested that section only. For example, I connected the battery directly after the 24v step-down to confirm that my wiring for lights and switches all worked. Next, I tested the on/off switch. Lastly, I redid the wiring for the relays multiple times and double checked that I hadn't broken anything during install.

It definitely was a frustrating experience for me but I'm glad I was able to resolve things in the end plus I learned a lot at the same time. EastCoast provided helpful feedback along the way as well.

I came across this thing for free. It's awesome. N[…]

Since you haven't purchased it yet my suggestion i[…]

Below is a picture of the shifter with the screw i[…]

The shifter itself has two DPDT switches inside it[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course