KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
Electronic Scooter Controllers have become a popular addition to our vehicles. Ask specific questions about ESCs here!

***WARNING*** this section is for ADVANCED MODDERS. if you try anything in this section you NEED to expect minor issues with the build up to and including complete FAILURE of EVERYTHING in your freshly built BPRO.

Have fun ;-) :-)
wesleyb82 wrote:Is there an adjustment screw on top of the relay? If so loosen it, move the screw and retighten then check continuity. If that doesnt work pop open the relay case and check the internals. If you need the relay faster than 2 weeks from now I have them on hand, send me a PM if you are interested.

Yeah, Wesley also offers slightly better after sales support than the guys from China too :lol: :lol: :lol:
toycrusher wrote:A couple more variations. This uses a single resistor to knock the 24v pilot signal down to 12v for the switches and relays. It adds in a master pot to limit speed available to the driver. It has a remote kill module tied into the brake circuit to not only cut power but also activate the brakes and shut down the excitement. :roll: Depending on if the remote kill module switches power or ground, the module along with the brake pedal could be flipped to the ground side of the brake relay instead of the positive side as is shown in the diagrams.

The 4wd mod is going to require 10 or 12 gauge wiring, although the current bottleneck will most likely be the LBD-14 ESC, not the wires. To really work well you would need a higher watt capacity ESC (around 700-1000 watt) and the 10 gauge wire on the load side of the schematic, or a dual ESC setup.

STATIC-s-rc-p-4wd-sm.png

STATIC-s-rc-p-sm.png

With this 4wd drive setup would the motors not back feed when switched off to the other motors due them being turned with the back tires turning? I am building a 4wd jeep for my girls and thought this would be nice to do but was going to use another dpdt relay to completely disconnect all wires to front wheels.
jdmech60 wrote:
toycrusher wrote:A couple more variations. This uses a single resistor to knock the 24v pilot signal down to 12v for the switches and relays. It adds in a master pot to limit speed available to the driver. It has a remote kill module tied into the brake circuit to not only cut power but also activate the brakes and shut down the excitement. :roll: Depending on if the remote kill module switches power or ground, the module along with the brake pedal could be flipped to the ground side of the brake relay instead of the positive side as is shown in the diagrams.

The 4wd mod is going to require 10 or 12 gauge wiring, although the current bottleneck will most likely be the LBD-14 ESC, not the wires. To really work well you would need a higher watt capacity ESC (around 700-1000 watt) and the 10 gauge wire on the load side of the schematic, or a dual ESC setup.

STATIC-s-rc-p-4wd-sm.png

STATIC-s-rc-p-sm.png

With this 4wd drive setup would the motors not back feed when switched off to the other motors due them being turned with the back tires turning? I am building a 4wd jeep for my girls and thought this would be nice to do but was going to use another dpdt relay to completely disconnect all wires to front wheels.

It's a valid question. A DPDT relay would be just as easy and eliminate that possibility. However, with the amount of drag a gearbox induces, I can't imagine many circumstances when you would to turn the 4wd off. You could wire it slightly different to make it fwd, rwd, or 4wd and that would have some benefits ;)
I will probably just go full time 4wd to make it easy and one less thing to fail. I appreciate all who has went through the trouble of putting together the diagrams they have been extremely helpful in that I didn't have to take the time to figure it out. lol now on to get the suspension finished.
Need some help troubleshooting.. My Gaucho won't go when the pedal is pressed (forward or reverse)..

I tested the power at the relays and that all looks good.

I tried connecting my motors directly to the 24V off the controller and still no go..

Next would be the pedal, I'm guessing.. How can I test those 3 wires of the pedal?

Thanks
So it has been awhile, but i wired my PW jeep to the very first scematic. I retained pw shifter and used pw throttle as brake. added hall throttle, and reostat to control the speed, i also used a lighted switch to turn headlights on and off.

So i used lbd24, until it burnt up, then someone sent me a modified diagragm and I think i changed something slightly but do not recall. but it worked. I have five wires coming out of shifter and one jumper

We dug it out last month and it would not go, the relays are clicking when you select gears, but nothing else. except if i disconnect the key, and hit the brakes it will light the headlight switch wierd.

So I order a YK31 get it today, hook it up, same same. So what is latest and greatest schematic for wiring this up with components I have, I think i need to rewire to find the problem idk.
wel i got it going but do not know how loose wire somewhere. as soon as i hit reverse smoke. it still worked for awhile in high, then it failed all out.

So my question is this. IS there any advantage to having high and low? More torque for harder inclines etc? If not I will eliminate the high low adn reqwire this thing and try another yk31 and see what happens. i think I will remove the lights and potentiometer as well
I built it myself way back when this post started.

I think I have a different problem now. After buying another lbd14 and fixing all the wiring everything worked but the motors. I used my jumpers to go direct from esc to motor and nothing, so i went from battery to motor and nothing. I did same for other motor and nothing. So, it may be possable that she burnt both motors up and not the esc
Can someone do me a solid? Having a problem following the diagram "without lights"..

Brake Relay:
Pin 1 - Yellow from Controller
Pin 2- Blue from Controller
Pin 3 - Connected to Pin 4
Pin 4 - Connected to Pin 3
Pin 5 - Connected to Pin 1 of Reverse Relay
Pin 6 - Connected to Pin 2 of Reverse Relay
Pin 7 - Connected to Negative of 24V??
Pin 8 - Connected to ??

Reverse Relay:
Pin 1 - Connected to Pin 5 of Brake Relay and Pin 4 of Reverse Relay
Pin 2- Connected to Pin 6 of Brake Relay and Pin 3 of Reverse Relay
Pin 3 - Connected to Pin 2 of Reverse Relay
Pin 4 - Connected to Pin 1 of Reverse Relay
Pin 5 - Connected to Neg Motors
Pin 6 - Connected to Pos Motors
Pin 7 - Connected to Shifter??
Pin 8 - Connected to ??

Basically, my main confusion is the connection of the brake/shifter wires to the 24V wires and the relays..

Thanks!
Make sure you look at your relays as there are numbers at each pin. this layout kind of spun my head at first too.

Pin 1 Blue from control
Pin 2 Yellow from control
Pin 3 Resistor to pin 4 on brake rlay
Pin 5 pins 1 + 4 on reverse relay
Pin 6 tp pins 2+3 on reverse relay
Pin 7 Ground to Indicator light lead from controller
Pin 8 + wire from throttle pedal supplied from + wire on indicator light

Reverse Relay
Pin 1 From Pin 5 brake relay Also connects at pin 4
Pin 2 From Pin 6 brake relay also connect to Pin 3
Pin 5 Connects to motor -
Pin 6 Connects to motor +
Pin 7 + wire from Shifter. Supplied initially from Indicator Signl from controller
Pin 8 - Wire to indicator Signal from controller

[quote="jparthum"]I'm not sure what kind of switch is in your shifter, but this should work regardless...

You just need to locate two switch contacts that are open when Forward is selected, and closed when Reverse is selected - it doesn't matter which of those contact each wire connects to. Just keep in mind that full speed (24V) will also be available in Reverse. :|
Sorry, I should have included the diagram I had been using.. I've had my PW running for years on this I just had to replace some parts and now I have to put everything back together and want to make sure it's all correct..

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (41.08 KiB) Viewed 467 times

Above is what I'm using and it's from a user here (not sure who because it's been a long time)..

Slightly different then the one you posted which looks easier, but I have snipped off a couple of the wires the diagram you linked because mine said not to use..

Thanks
ESC Videos & Info

Just thought I'd chime in. Dual parallel controll[…]

Wanting to be able to control the pedal remotely ([…]

Dune Racer 18v Turbo Wiring

user CJB has a business that helps folks with the […]

Also, I think you can get the gearboxes here if yo[…]

HobbyMasters