ANOTHER BAD LBD-14 HERE, aka YK40CT sold by tncscooters.com
Same problem as reported by atleast 5 users here that after using the brake sensor once motor power gets full throttle and after no power to the motors again yet all other functions remain working.
Of course when I notified tncscooters of the problem Chris Rouse said "I may have shorted out the controller" and he hopes for 0 liability, but the more I look online there has to be a half dozen or more persons on this site alone who've had the same failure and have been told to just eat the financial loss. Their no warranty thing is fine with me, and likely totally lawful, but this would seem to be an easily reproducible, out of the box, "DEFECT", I'm sure that I must not be the first person to notify Chris Rouse of the defect and I'm also sure that every single one of you who've also had the same exact issue couldn't have all been the cause of this failure using the break signal connector of this controller.
If you are similarly situated with a LBD14 which functions normal with exception to the motor power after using the brake signal connector: PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!
1. A snap shot of to top of the controller with serial no in view would be great along with a picture of the top and bottom of the controller board only if you are comfortable with removing it. (i can confirm multiple board revisions already)
2. Approximate date of purchase
3. If you notified the seller of the defect, and yes/no if you've retained a copy of the correspondence.
4. If anyone was endangered by the battery powered vehicle when the controller powered the motors immediately after use of the brake signal connector. (e.g. "runaway" scooter)
5. If you purchased a replacement of the same "LBD14", if it failed, if you omitted using the brake wires, and if it worked 100% a snapshot of the pcb and the serial no would be appreciated.
Please contact me: email@example.com
Depending how many are afflicted will likely encourage how far I take this, The most that I would likely require any of you would be to file an affidavit with your county recorder stating what happened with your lbd14 controller (very easy and at that point I would pay your filing fee)