KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for smaller 6v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 12v.
By spawnywhippet
I bought an old Porsche 911 (Young Master?) with the wiring all disconnected. I am trying to identify which wire should connect to which, but the 3 position, 6 way switch is burnt out and doesn't connect any wire to any other. I have drawn the current schematic and would appreciate any assistance you could provide to hook this up correctly. The battery holder is located between the charging socket and the motor.
There doesn't seem to be the right number of wires terminating by the motor / battery holder and I think one wire is definitely missing, as the red wire from the motor still had a female bullet connector from a missing wire attached to its male connector. (Every existing wire in the car currently has a bullet connector in place.)

By 12vwiz
I'm not familiar with your toy. But it looks like you would take that Orange wire from the switch to the red on the motor and blue from switch to blue on motor. Then connect the red from charging port to the positive terminal of your battery. The black wire you're showing as "Earth" would hook to the negative post of battery.

What you're calling a three-way switch is actually a double pole double throw switch and is functioning as a fwd/rev selector.
The foot throttle switch drawing in diagram is throwing me off. Could you post a picture of it? While you're at it posted picture of your charging port connections.
Newbie to mods for power wheels

By the way it’s a Kawasaki quad, forgot to add tha[…]

Broke steering column.

IMG_0693 (1).JPG weld Point where handlebars conn[…]

Corevette Motor

so much info on this site, but I can't keep it all[…]

Great project! If you click my projects link in m[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course