KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for smaller 6v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 12v.
By toycrusher
Take a look at my wiring diagram link in my signature. Scroll to the end and I have a work-around to get more speed out of the 6v rides without damaging the circuit board
By toycrusher

Yes connecting the batteries in series adds their voltages together
By toycrusher
awais394 wrote:I have attached some pictures for further reference. I have few queries as below, a answer will be really appreciated.

So if I add another battery of 6v do i also need to change the fuse, if yes then which fuse should i go for. 15 or 20 amp would probably be ideal

Do I also need to change the connections of the existing motor. The circuit board says 6V on it so bit concerned that I might burn it. Yes, you are going to remove the connections from the motor. Those wires going to the motor now get connected to the blue and green wires in the diagram.

Also as it is refereed in the suggested diagram I am struggling to understand the new connection of the motor and battery in the circuit board. Original power and ground are still connected to the circuit board. You are splicing in with 14 ga wire to the stock battery and connecting it to the added battery and relays as shown in the diagram

What if add another motor of 6v as there is a space and just power the new motor from existing motor connection and add another battery as parallel to other, is this is more safer option? That will give you better traction but no increase in speed

Many Thanks
If you add a second motor you would need to double the size of the fuse
awais394 wrote:Currently the fuse says 7A so as you previously suggested 15A or 20A should be ok ?

yup
No way to know for sure but you probably have nothing to lose. The 12v motors are unlikely to be any slower than the 6v motors
Sounds like my advice to use the 12v motors was bad. They must not be the same. The 6v is now doing extra work, probably being dragged down by the 12v motor. My suggestion at this point is to get another 12v assembly to replace the melting 6v and things should be ok.
Another thing to look at, are both wheels turning the same direction?
It will end up slower which pushes you back to the 12v bypass upgrade... sorry

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course