KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for smaller 6v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 12v.
By jcrew6311
We just got a free f-150 stx from our neighbor, fisher price power wheels. She said she just put a new battery in it but after charging it it still wouldn't work. Im clueless with all this stuff but thought I'd take it to at least see if I could get it working for my son. I googled it a bunch and some people said this issue can be related to the foot accelerator plunger type. So i took the pedal off and took out the plunger button thing, but before I order a new one, I wanted to make sure that was the problem. Is there anything else that could be wrong with it? Also, can the plunger thing be purchased locally or does it have to be ordered online?
By wired
Hello and YES there are a few very simple things you can do to troubleshoot your issue. The pedal switch could very well be the problem but let's check some stuff before you start ordering parts. First off I would check that battery. Make sure it reads AT LEAST 12.7v after being fully charged and then resting for about an hour. If the battery passes this check go ahead and remove the foot pedal switch and test for voltage in and out of the pedal when depressed. You can also bypass the pedal switch by unplugging the switch and jumping the wires together simulating the pedal being depressed/closed. Next(if problem still exists), remove the seat (screws) and access the motors. At this point check for loose or broken wires.Using some jumper wires, apply 12v directly from the battery to the motor tabs and verify that the motors spin. If they spin then you have verified you have strong enough battery to turn the motors and the motors are indeed good. Try these things first and reply back with results.
Parts can be found in the "wanted" section. Just post an ad for whatever you need.

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course