KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for smaller 6v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 12v.
By Adamk03175
I have a new battery. 12v 18ah. I had ti cut the original battery conmector off and now i have an inlime fuse holder with 30amp fuse. When kids go up hill fuse blows. What was in original connector that just stalled the car instead of blowimg fuse and how can i replicate it?
By wired
Sounds like you used to have a self-resetting breaker instead of a fuse like you have now. 12v self resetting breakers can often be found at auto parts stores. I would not suggest going above one rated at 40 amps unless the wiring has been upgraded.
By wired
Yes, powerwheel batteries have them built into the top of the battery. Other rides have fuses. Some have fuses or breakers built into the harness instead of being on, in or near the battery.

Check your ride for a bent axle or something wrapped around the axle like string or grass. Usually there is another reason for popping a breaker or fuse at stock voltage (12v).
By Adamk03175
Just to be clear 12v with a higher amp wouldn't be blowing the fuse or overheating things correct? From what ive neen reading it shouldn't. Ill try pockimg up a breaker and see how that works. Nothing caught in wheels. My guess is i need morr torque. I have runner on the back wheels for traction and the running surface is all grass and mini hills. Plus about 70lbs of kids in it. Original battery worked well just died to quickly. New bay with higher amps gets really hot. Do you think the cheap walmart mini gator clips vould be part of the issue?
By wired
Higher amp hour rating of the battery makes no difference to the problem you're experiencing. Please be specific about he gator clip setup you mentioned. If you are using too small of a gauge wiring it will cause heat and may cause your fuse to open. I think we can fix your problem once we have all the details.
By Adamk03175
I am using Everstart 75C-2W 50-Amp Booster Cable Clamps from walmart as connectors, a Bussmann 30-Amp ATC Fuse Holder with 30 amp fuse, and a ExpertPower EXP12180 12 Volt 18 Ah Rechargeable Battery with Nuts and Bolts from amazon. I have not changed anything else. I cut stock connector off car and am using all the same wiring to connect to new batt. I have a gray/black Cadillac. Not sure on exact model. Not the pink barbie one.
Also thank you for thr help so far!
By wired
I would change the cable clamps out for a more permanent, solid connection. The rating may be sufficient but these vehicles vibrate and bounce a lot. The spring loaded clamp has a small surface area (depending how you have it attached). This could be attributive to your problem if the clamps aren't strong enough to stay securely attached at all times.
By Adamk03175
Well everything seems to be holding with the breaker installed. Well test the durability for a bit. Then it will be time for an upgrade of the motor. If i upgrade the motor and gears would i also need to redo the wiring?
By wired
Easiest and cheapest performance mod is running a 12v stock ride at 18v by adding a 6v battery in-line with your 12v battery. Check the site and there are weeks of reading material for mod information. :D

$50.01! :lol: J/K I think Toycrusher was jokingl[…]

Awesome. Thanks for the chart, that's helpful. Yes[…]

Burning up Banebot 775 Motors

I managed to smoke one of my Banebots in the Hurri[…]

First gen Bigfoot project

Set screw collars from hardware store to hold whee[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course