KidsWheels
Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
for smaller 6v vehicles that NEED to be upgraded to 12v.
By Finlee
Hi,

I've done a fair bit of reading up on this site but don't seem to have answers to the following questions,hopefully someone can help. My son has a 6v lightning mcqueen and I don't think it is a PW version:

1. Can i upgrade to 12v and still use the same motor and gearbox? I can't find anything to suggest you can't?
2. Does anyone have any guides or videos to show how to replace the gearbox and motor if I need to do it following an answer to question 1.
3. Are there any videos or guides on how to add another 6v or 12v gearbox and motor for the other side of the car,it only has one on the left hand side of the car.

I have searched quite a bit without success.

Thanks in advance

Finlee.
By Roadmonkeytj
There has been a few McQueen projects on here your 6v should be ok on 12 you can go to the gearbox identification thread to identify your gearbox and simply order a second or you can fit a different gearbox as long as both sides are the same if fitting new gear boxes you may need to change your driver that hooks into your tire. You should be able to get them where you get your boxes. If yours doesn't have a hole for the motor on the current non driving side guys use a hole saw to make one. Remember you want the motors wired opposite of each other so they spin the same direction. Ie: if the positive terminal is a red wire and the negative is blue then hook your other motor up with the blue on the positive and red on the negative.
By 2slo92
Best thing first. Take the seat off or look under the rear to see if you have 2 gear boxes... our 6v did. My son had a blast with just the reverse and high speed in a 12v battery. Super quick!
By Finlee
Already have and it's only got one gearbox and motor unfortunately. He definitely needs more speed as it's painful at times how slow it is.

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course