HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
By mmyota
So my step son recieved a avigo wildfire for his birthday in august. Its a good size for him just lacking in the speed department. Since owning it i upgraded to a 12v7AH battery but the electronics control boards didnt like the 12v and would run but for a few minutes. I ripped out all of the wiring and hard wired everything with 14g wiring. It ran fine but still lacked traction since it had only one motor spinning one tire. I had a cheap little walmart atv that was broke and after measuring the gear boxes where the same size so i transfered the motor over. My question is it only has a 2 terminal pedal with no braking system. It recently melted the pedal down so i have been forced to redesign the harness and use relays. Does anyone know if i can add a brake by using a resistor? This is the wiring diagram i have come up with, will this work?:
Avigo wiring by bjenkins86, on Flickr
By civicturbo
Looks good, I just modded my sons same quad tonight to 18v I redid a few things and will use the factory relay board. From the factory it shorts both leads from the motor together and to ground for braking. Basically one relay for ea. direction with a default of ground is what they did. I cut the 20ga. red wire from that board and ran it right to the 6v batt. So those motor relays wouldn't get the extra voltage from the board when he hits the Nitro button which kicks it up from 6 to 18 volts.
Let me know how your project goes, this is me/my sons first BPRO
Last edited by civicturbo on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So I would also recommend CJB Turbo Timer setup bo[…]

I am upgrading a Best Choice 12v Jeep purchased fr[…]

mine has a chrome housing with clear lens covers..[…]

Hammer! Wow.... Great info... Thank you Reading […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course