HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
By fatt_Tony_13
I recently bought my daughter a used Barbie LiL Jeep. It didnt come with a charger and I cant find one in stores near me. In the meantime I have a 6v 4 wheeler (the tangled one from Wal-Mart) that she is too big for. I have thought about wiring the Jeep so that the battery charger for the 4 wheeler will work to charge the Jeep battery and the 4 wheeler battery. My thought is to just use male and female connections for everything after I cut the adapters off of the wiring, batteries, and charger. Am I forgetting anything or overlooking anything? I also wonder if I could put the motor from the 4 wheeler on the other rear wheel and run both batteries at once. I know its not the same type of motor, and I do want to eventually get a 2nd motor anyway. I want her to be able to drive the thing in the back yard. Ive searched a bit for info on the LiL Jeeps and cannot find much on here. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
By whkwt184
You can def add a motor and a GB to the other wheel but first u would need to make sure that they are the same gear ratio. If not one wheel may turn faster then the other one and u may shred the gears. As far as hooking both batteries to it u will have to wire them in series to get 12 volts. But with the 6 volt charger you will have to charge the batteries individually.
By fatt_Tony_13
Yeah I knew about wiring them both together to get 12v, and having to charge them separately. How can you tell the gear ratio on the motors? Also I read that some 6v will burn up a circuit board if you run 12 v through them. Does the LiL Jeep have this circuit board?
Last edited by fatt_Tony_13 on Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chopo1990
Lil jeep came with 3a gearbox , if u have a powerwheels jeep they don't have circuit board
U can post a wanted add for a 3a or a set of 3b gearbox or upgrade it to a #7 gearbox with jeep harness
search " 2wd lil jeep"

Full Wire Harness ($150) I have an unfinished proj[…]

I know this thread is getting kind of old by now b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Chart, that rubber grip looks like it would eat th[…]

If you're using stock motors and gearbox be carefu[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course