HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
By jerrodj5150
Hello there everyone! Im obviously new to this whole world. I have a 6v Kids Motorz Super Motorcycle W/Sidecar that im working on. I watched a youtube video where I guy used an 18v Dewalt battery pack on a PW and thought it would be a good idea to try it out on mine without any further research. So it was working great for a minute and then it died. I know for sure that it blew out the 2 capacitors on what I believe to be the main board. Also there was a puff of smoke. My question is what all did I damage and is it fixable. I want to repair it myself if possible. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
By jonesee
if It has a main circuit board then you will need a new one. You cannot overvolt ride ons with a board that controls the motors. You also might have gotten away with a 12 volt battery but 18 is too much juice for a 6 volt motor. Power tool batteries will also have a very short run time.
I would see if Kids Motorz sells replacement boards and go from there. You may need a new motor too.

Mike I haven't forgotten about you. I ......enter […]

Every once in a while somebody goes that new direc[…]

Yea if you use stock battery, that will happen. I […]

Ford F150 Raptor tire upgrade

I want to relay my experience attempting to upgrad[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course