HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
By Brucep
We have the blue jeep wrangler. Had it about 2 years. Battery is fully charged but not getting much power to wheels. Put a volt meter on battery and it says 13v. Each motor is only putting out 6.5v each with tires off ground. Put the vehicle on the ground and the motors only put out .8v each. Why am I losing that much power? Is it the 6 prong connector in the gearbox? I'm getting 13v into the gearbox but not out of it.
By Bigmac41288b
Do any of the readings change if the gear selector is in high, low or reverse? Do the motors run faster/stronger if you hook the battery directly to them with some test wires?
By Brucep
Ok. Battery is currently 12.7v. High gear is 7.5v on each motor. Low gear is 4.5v on each and reverse runs at 3.7v on left rear and 5.7 on right rear.
By Brucep
Just direct wired to left rear motor. High gear both motors are 7.5v, low gear both motors are at 7.5v and reverse won't engage with direct wiring.
By Bigmac41288b
I think your battery might be bad. If you hooked the battery straight to the motor the voltage might drop a little when it first starts but should come right back up to 12v+ once it's up to speed, especially with no load on it. If the battery is hooked straight to the motor the hi low selector is bypassed along with the foot pedal so they shouldn't change any readings no matter what position they are in.

Do you have a car battery or tractor battery you could temp in to check if having a good battery solves your problem? I use my jump starter to test when I'm in a pinch and nothing else is close.
By Brucep
I couldn't get the wires disconnected from the motor so I just connected the test wires to the existing connector. The power went thru the wires into the gearbox to the other motor. And that was with the tires off the floor. OK I will get a new battery and test again
By Bigmac41288b
You can test off any 12v source; car, tractor, motorcycle. That will at least confirm that it's the battery that is bad.

Thanks. Yea I hear ya, our kids wear helmets too b[…]

Quad Damage (1st gear delete mod)

Awesome. Dude, you're a machine! I thought I was[…]

Does it do this with the batteries fully charged?

Sounds normal to me. Since it's a series circuit […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course