HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
Hi there

I followed a previous post on the forums regarding this vehicle when converting it to 12v.

I used toycrushers diagram as I needed to retain all the lights, sounds and most importantly the remote control features.

The installation went well and the car ran great on the first run. Remote control and all sounds etc worked fine and the speed increase was fantastic. We ran it continuously for an hour that day with no problems at all apart from the rubber grip tread coming off a few of the wheels due to the speed increase ( I have now screwed these in place).

The problems started on the second run a couple of days later. it ran fine for 30mins or so and then it started stuttering and cutting out then immediately turning back on again but the speed was way down. After 5 mins or so of this it stopped working altogether with just a loud single click noise which sounded like it was coming from the motor when you pressed to accelerate. All the sounds, lights etc still worked fine.

I have checked all the electrical connections for tightness etc and they all seem fine. I removed the motor and hooked it up to one of the 6v batteries independently outside of the car and it worked OK so am I looking at a problem with my wiring somewhere, a problem with one of the 6v relays or the controller board itself? I also checked the two inline fuses (original 20A fuse on original harness and new 30A inline fuse as per toycrushers diagram) and they are both ok.

I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to electrical stuff so any guidance would be much appreciated.

@toycrushers Is there a way to put a break reduc[…]

Why wont anyone help me??

I just need a pic of how Mcqueen 12 v is originall[…]

Where to find batteries

Wondering where you guys go to buy batteries? And[…]

Redcat Racing shook the scale crawling world with […]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course