Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
I got a gmc roll play power wheel for my daughter 6v one motor and it has a circuit board with 2 relays (6v). She was getting bored with it because it was slow so I got another 6v battery put them in series and it got a lot faster.

I wanted to add a second motor for more traction as well so I got 2 new 12volt motors and gear boxes. I put them in and I hooked up the batteries again and I tested it by pushing on the pedal but it seemed it was slow again . I don’t really know how this works I figure it would be just as fast but both wheels spinning.

By adding another motor is each motor now getting 6volts ? Do I need 2 12volt batteries one for each motor ?

Are the relays not letting the 12 volts go through? Will putting 2 12v relays fix it? I’ll do it anyways I’m assuming the relays will burn out anyways

How do I get it to be fast how it was with the 2 6V batteries and one motor but with 2 motors?
Two things I think could be happening:

#1: The speed is going to be dependent on the motor. It's possible that the 6V motor was running 12000-15000 RPM at 6V -- which would make it 24000-30000 RPM (with limited longevity). When you bought a new 12V motor, perhaps the 12V motor is spec'd at 15000 RPM @ 12V, so it's back to the same speed as original.
I don't really have any information on the gearboxes (original or the ones you bought).

#2: How did you wire the two gearboxes? In series or parallel? They should be parallel (+ on both gearboxes wired to the + at the output of the controller, and - on both gearboxes wired to the controller) -- so both get 12V. If you wire them in series then it will be half as fast (each motor gets 6V).
Dune racer build up help

I agree on using an ESC instead of the drill trigg[…]

i am curious, can’t seem to find this anywhere. bu[…]

"Best" Choice JEEP

Chances of both motors failing are slim. Can you r[…]

Sounds like the relay coil may have failed. Make s[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course