Gruber
HobbyMasters
M.L. Toys
KidsWheels
HobbyMasters M.L. Toys
Gruber
KidsWheels
vehicles with a circuit board controlling the motors
I got a gmc roll play power wheel for my daughter 6v one motor and it has a circuit board with 2 relays (6v). She was getting bored with it because it was slow so I got another 6v battery put them in series and it got a lot faster.

I wanted to add a second motor for more traction as well so I got 2 new 12volt motors and gear boxes. I put them in and I hooked up the batteries again and I tested it by pushing on the pedal but it seemed it was slow again . I don’t really know how this works I figure it would be just as fast but both wheels spinning.

By adding another motor is each motor now getting 6volts ? Do I need 2 12volt batteries one for each motor ?

Are the relays not letting the 12 volts go through? Will putting 2 12v relays fix it? I’ll do it anyways I’m assuming the relays will burn out anyways

How do I get it to be fast how it was with the 2 6V batteries and one motor but with 2 motors?
Two things I think could be happening:

#1: The speed is going to be dependent on the motor. It's possible that the 6V motor was running 12000-15000 RPM at 6V -- which would make it 24000-30000 RPM (with limited longevity). When you bought a new 12V motor, perhaps the 12V motor is spec'd at 15000 RPM @ 12V, so it's back to the same speed as original.
I don't really have any information on the gearboxes (original or the ones you bought).

#2: How did you wire the two gearboxes? In series or parallel? They should be parallel (+ on both gearboxes wired to the + at the output of the controller, and - on both gearboxes wired to the controller) -- so both get 12V. If you wire them in series then it will be half as fast (each motor gets 6V).
Dune racer batman 24 volt help

Stock PW motor is 15.7 RPM at 12V, 400mN*m torq[…]

powerwheels Bigfoot

Not metal frame. Needs wiring replaced. Melted fr[…]

I'm not sure about the others, but I run what I us[…]

4wheeler won’t run

I bought a Peg Perego 4wheeler from a friend. They[…]

HobbyMasters Udemy Course